Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I think it's nice how the politicians help each other with covering their crimes even though they're in different parties. That's the spirit of the grand coalition!

Yeah, the main issue isn't so much the flavour of crime that may or may not have been committed, but that the politicians get to cover for another and quietly deal with such... unpleasantries. Our elected representatives are placing themselves beyond the law by exploiting their positions, access to information and connections. That poo poo does not fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
It's close to the European elections and I just caught a wonderful bit of AfD advertisement on Klassikradio.
A man who appears to have a Fischstäbchen in his mouth explains that every day, thousands of their posters are being torn down and their election helpers beat up, and none of the major german parties care. He reminds us that the AfD is the new people's movement and said something I've not been able to catch, some sort of 'never again'. I agree. Also, it's nice to see election funding being used to bring a smile to our faces.

Other fringe parties have of course engaged in the race to the bottom. Please be extremely creeped out, then laugh at the typeset that gives their party name a middle finger look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jNzblqu-Rc

And enjoy the harmless insanity of what Oliver Kalkofe called a 'geblümter Fleischberg': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOG0TDKD36A I have no idea what is going through her head.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

I'm faintly curious how these fringe parties manage to make the funds to keep going. Are the subsidies that generous?
I recall there being another nail in the NPD's coffin, due to them faking membership numbers to get larger subsidies (hey, the money may have gown to a brown person otherwise).

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

BüSo are insane.
Other than being wrong about everything, is there anything noteworthy?

Randler posted:

NPD gnomes
Holy poo poo.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

It's not on YouTube, but enjoy the classic: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5312590/Kalkofes_Mattscheibe_Bueso

To be fair, the global house market did explode like three years later. Also, she has the same (but spellchecked) diagram in later spots.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

7% for the AfD.
:cmon:

extra3 is already joking: What do you call the country to the right of Germany? France.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

The almost EU wide shift to the right is pretty worrying, though.
Well, and the UKIP thing. I'm one of those darn immigrants they want to get rid off - I'm just about to graduate university. If I don't find a job within six months, off I go, back to Russia Germany.
Well, one more year and I can apply for permanent residence.

But yeah... Is this a result of the terrible (<50%) turnout of voters? (To my shame, I didn't either). Or has the economic crisis once more given a veneer of credulity to the brownshirts, when they claim they can totally fix it with a little FYGM?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

I don't have an Abitur, I have an international baccalaureate. The most common question is "what the hell is an international baccalaureate".

I think we recently got downgraded in comparison to the Abi; my mediocre 33 points only amounts to, what, 2,3? But it got me into a reasonable uni and I got a first and soon I'm going back to the UK for a MRes. I think I still have some past papers somewhere; we got a short text and had to analyse it; show our understanding of devices and such.

I'll forever be grateful to my mother for affording the IB for me. Tiny classes, well paid teachers, regular inspections with results posted publicly and the school has to also publicly show how it plans to address them and is followed up on that? Hell yes.

Anyway. The multiply Bahn strikes are annoying me (though I live in Hamburg; all I need to do is about the S and use the U-Bahn) but the BILD is whining about evil unions so I feel compelled to support said unions out of principle.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

So, I was at the local office today, signing my Abmeldungsbestätigung (moving to the UK for my MRes). And behind me there was a gentleman, who approached me outside and asked me, in passable English, if I could help with his form. He came to Germany via India, is originally from Afghanistan, and had lost his papers.
I spent about half an hour trying to help. We cleared up he needed to get new papers from his embassy. We looked at opening hours. The local social service aparently has speaking hours Tuesday from 10:30 to 12:00 and Thursday from 12:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 15:00. Ringing anyway, I was informed aparently they knew the guy and he knew the process and he was supposed to call his case worker if he had any questions. Meanwhile I was never sure if he was understanding me or listening to me; his passport was german and then it was Indian. He'd lost the german one and he kept the indian one in the bank - in India. He seemed, well, a little out. He did say he had a doctor's appointment later that day for a memory loss he'd suffered...

I was really annoyed at the social worker lady brushing us off with "opening hours!", honestly. They have speaking hours slimmer than a supermodel's daily tofu ration and I got the distinct feeling of being a nuisance. Does not strike me as Willkommenskultur.
Now, I don't know what the pensum of a Sozialbeamter is like. I can imagine that you see some horrible or plain exhausting poo poo there. There might be tons of stuff they have to do, and when I just sort of silently looked at her she go uncomfortable and defended herself with "We don't pick those hours, it's our guideline."

But trying to help that guy get some sort of idea of what to do showed me how loving horrible it is to be in a country where you have family, where you love living, but instead of getting help as a vulnerable person, you're stuck. Does he have a translator when he speaks to them? Are there forms in english (All the ones we had were in german)? No idea!
:smith:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

There's a bill in the Bundesrat requesting marriage equality, and everyone not ruled by the CDU or CSU is on board.
From what I can tell, it looks like it could be slightly more powerful than a wet fart, but it's something.

Also I read the comments on Tagesschau.de because I hate myself, and it's good to see that the arguments against still haven't advanced beyond "won't someone please think of the white straigt cis german children"
...Oh my god someone cited the Regnerus study. I know that both sides are arguing at least partially from an emotional standpoint but that paper has DISCREDITED printed on it in 40-foot high flaming letters. The consensus for same sex marriage is as overwhelming as that for any other uncontroversial, rational discussion with clear scientific research, like, say, climate change.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Hamburg has voted No to Olympia 2024, and all sport is over forever now. Sports go sports.
How this could have happened, in the midst of a migrant crisis (which has disappeared off the news cycle, hasn't it?), after weeks of headlines about corruption of executives, doping and with another massive, over-budget project already molding somewhere in the city, nobody knows.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

That AfD programe is trying to occupy all possible positions at the same time, isn't it?

We're against divorces, unless they're the right kind. Single parents are bad, unless they don't deserve it.

also, the "no gays, no abortions, no big gubmint" - what's next? Frauke Petry proposes to (re)build the wall?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Coming off the "the AfD tries to occupy every position at once" thing, there was a pretty good article in the Zeit:
Wie ich auszog, die AfD zu verstehen

They talk about how political parties form from movements, how the momentum - not the ideas or policies, just the existence of momentum promising any alternative to the contemporary power structures - attracts dissatisfied people regardless of affiliation or agenda. They draw some interesting parallels to the formation of the Greens back in the day, which also has a similar quantum policy set until shedding their skin several times and emerging as a beautiful leftist party.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Turkey's president Erdogan is trying to get extra3's song about him off the air. Ordered the german ambassador to the turkish foreign ministry and all.
What kind of poo poo-tier dicta- autocrat is so insecure that a bad karaoke cover of a Nena song punctures his ego?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e2yHjc_mc

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

So, how long 'till I'll have to pretend I'm straight when I go back to Hamburg to see my family?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Economy goes to the shitter and/or scary things happen, people flock to the new thing that promises to be different and fix everything, yep. Same poo poo, different bucket. And the AfD paints itself as "das Fieberthermometer einer Gesellschaft, die die demokratische Kontroverse wieder mühsam erlernen muss" (the medical thermometer of a society, which has to arduously relearn the democratic controversy).

I can't say I speak for everyone, but the only arduous thing I have to relearn is choking down my own vomit when I see the three-piece brownshirts paint themselves as the messiah of plucky little Germany.
Except their messiah wouldn't be brown.

Oh, and I presume they're not the type of medical thermometer that goes into your ear.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress companies suing the government. The planet is for the people, not profits.

Meanwhile, Aufmerksamkeit für Dackel is extra salty because they haven't been invited to the catholic convention. http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/katholikentag-afd-101.html

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

saudi barbaria, I like it

Has anyone tried for Saudi Bavaria?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Had my baby's first account with the Sparkasse. Left for DiBA when the Sparkasse wanted to start charging me money for keeping my money (and making money by lending it out). No problems with DiBA so far though as an expat it was a bit tricky to set up then change address to abroad.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Können die 2020er bitte keine wiederaufgewärmten ~1930er werden? "Die Wirtschaft ist kacke und dann wählen alle Faschisten" hatten wir schonmal, wurde nix.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Riso posted:

Noch immer aktuell:

Was für eine unglaublich Bescheuerte falsche Äquivalenz.

e: Neue Seite 258, sagen wir 1958: 1. Juli, in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland tritt das Gleichstellungsgesetz in Kraft, wonach Frauen fortan einen Beruf auch ohne die Zustimmung des Ehemannes ausüben dürfen.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/bka-133.html
Ist unser Marzipan sicher unter Merkel??

Also nach dieser ganzen Brexit-Kacke hatte ich ja schon fast mit der Rückkehr geliebäugelt, aber wenn ich mir ansehe wie die AfD sich zu einem immer größeren Furunkel am Arsch der Demokratie aufbläht, werd ich's vielleicht doch auf der Insel aussitzen.
Wir brauchen eine größere Torte.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

System Metternich posted:

lol if you think Britain is in any way, shape or form in a better situation than Germany, just lol

Dachte ich nicht. :smith:
Und nee - ich bin in der Biochemie; gerade im ersten Jahr des Doktors.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

Und, wie fühlt man sich so als Ausländer in einem Land, das für den EU-Austritt gestimmt hat, auch weil so viele Ausländer im Land sind?
Die AFD kriegt hier vielleicht hässlich viele Stimmen, aber deren Gegenstück auf der Insel hat ja mit dem Brexit auch einfach schon ihre Ziele erreicht.

Der erste Monat wurde in Depression verbracht; das Haus wenig verlassen, die Leute auf der Straße anders gesehen. Fühlte sich an wie ein Schlag ins Gesicht.
Die Uni schickte E-Mails raus, das alle existierenden Stipendien, etc., weiterlaufen werden egal wann und wie GB austritt. Half nicht viel. Kollegen kamen und sagten das man sich nicht unerwünscht fühlen sollte, das sie Region in der ich lebte ja für den Verbleib gestimmt hätte, sowas. Half ein wenig.

Dann kam eine Welle von rassistischen Übergriffe, inklusive einer deutschen 60+ jährigen die im Radio in Tränen ausbrach weil ihr irgendwelche Arschlöcher "Geh nach Hause!" an den Kopf schleudern (wo sie seit 40 Jahren nicht mehr war) und ihre Freunde nichts mehr mit ihr zu tun haben wollen (http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/28/tearful-german-woman-tells-lbc-host-dog-poo-was-thrown-at-her-door-after-brexit-5971979/).

Eine Freundin von der Uni kam mich besuchen; sie ist gebürtige Polin, lebt jetzt in Glasgow, und wir beide haben angefangen in einem ziemlich dicken schottischen Akzent zu reden - verbale Tarnfarbe. Erkennt uns nicht als Ausländer.
Das plötzliche Bewusstsein der eigenen Fremdheit, die Massenverdächtigung aller Passanten, wahrscheinlich was gegen einen zu haben, die unbestimmte Zukunft, und das im Kontrast zur Tatsache, das man keinem was getan hat... Ich bin schon lange eine unsichtbare Minderheit gewesen, weißer als Toastbrot und mit ohne Akzent. Meinen Status als Minderheit plötzlich akut als etwas negatives zu spüren war eine ziemlich deprimierende Erfahrung. Keiner sollte sich so fühlen müssen. Mit der Perspektive kann ich Leute die gegen Flüchtlingsheime und Migration sind, beim besten Willen nicht mehr wirklich Ernst nehmen. Keiner verlässt seinen gesamten Kultur- und Bekanntenkreis aus Lust an der Freude.

Und jetzt ist das ganze aus den Nachrichten verschwunden weil es keiner mehr sehen will. Das Pfund kröchelt gegen 1,17€ von ehemals 1,30€ - moment.

Alle tun mittlerweile fast so als wär es nie passiert. Das ganze scheint schön hinausgezögert zu werden, bis es alle vergessen haben... Hoffentlich.

Hier drüben haben die Wähler die den konservativen AfDlern analog sind (Richtung "Wir wollen keinen Gender-Mainstream") in Form der Tories halt schon vor langem Gehör im Mainstream gefunden, und UKIP ist primär auf den EU-Austritt ausgelegt. Somit schmilzt UKIP jetzt vor sich hin, Mission Accomplished. (Gute Reise, ihr Pfosten. Wenn ich Farage's Fascho-Fresse nie wieder sehen muss ist es immer noch zuviel.) Die AfD hingegen hat ein breiteres Spektrum an Zielen, weshalb die wohl noch eine Weile länger Leute auflesen werden, der die NPD zu tot ist oder die einfach schlecht gekackt haben.

e: Ein Jahr weg und schon nicht mehr in der Lage, eine gute deutsche QWERTZ-Tastatur zu bedienen. Widerlich, sowas.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 14, 2016

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

Das war von mir unbeabsichtigterweise ein Schlag unter die Gürtellinie. Tschuldigung.

Kein Thema; wurde nicht als solcher Empfunden. Hat mir halt nur etwas die Augen geöffnen, weshalb ich die Erfahrung teilen wollte.

elbkaida posted:

Das ist ja auch nicht so falsch. Es gibt eine Menge Leute mit niedrigen Einkommen oder arbeitslos, die sich mit den etablierten Parteien (insbesondere Labour, zu deren Stammwählern sie eigentlich zählten) und der ominösen Überregierung EU kein bisschen identifizieren können und die nicht nachvollziehen können, warum es gerade ihnen schlechter geht als noch vor 20 Jahren während die vor sechs Jahren zugezogenen Polen drei Häuser weiter eine feste Arbeitstelle haben.
Kommt irgendwie bekannt vor, oder?
Ist logischerweise nicht der einzige Grund für Brexit, aber dass unzufriedene Menschen aus einkommensschwachem Milieu der Regierung und/oder EU einfach mal zwei Finger vors Gesicht halten, sollte gerade hier im thread angesichts der vergangenen AFD-Diskussion niemand wundern.
Der These stimme ich zu. Ich glaube, die meisten Raus-Wähler habe nicht geglaubt das dadurch alles besser wird, aber sich nicht vorstellen können (wollen) das es schlimmer wird. Außerdem hat die Britische Presse seit Jahren alles schlechte in der Welt der EU vorgeworfen.
e.g. Nicht jeder Raus-Wähler ist rassist, aber alle Rassisten haben Raus gewählt.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen wie ich kotzen will.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

Why are people using services like Flixbus anyway? Trains are a lot faster and much more comfortable.

Busses are cheap as gently caress. 18 EUR for Hamburg-Hannover and back for a bus versus 46,00 EUR for a train.
They do make DB look like the epitome of punctuality by comparison, though.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

az posted:

Heute lernten wir CDU zu wählen wenn wir gegen die fiese Homo-Pflichtehe sind, womöglich noch mit Schlitzaugen. Danke, Herr Öttinger.

Opa Ötti hat mal wieder getrunken?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/bundespraesident-kandidaten-spitzentreffen-101.html

quote:

In Sachen Gauck-Nachfolge sieht eher nach Konfrontation als nach Konsens aus: Kurz vor dem Spitzentreffen der Großkoalitionäre deutet nichts auf eine erfolgreiche Suche nach einem gemeinsamen Kandidaten hin. Die SPD setzt auf Steinmeier. Die Union nicht.
:iceburn: ?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Randler posted:

Rot-Rot-Grün mit >55% der Sitze des Bundestages gepaart mit dem politischen Willen es darauf ankommen zu lassen, genug CDU-Abgeordnete zum überlaufen zu kriegen um die 2/3 Mehrheit für eine Verfassungsänderung zu kriegen.

Wieso brauchen wir eine Verfassungsänderung? Ich seh in Artikel 6 nix von "Mann und Frau" - hab ich da was verpasst, oder ist es ~der Wille der Verfasser~ das die natürlich nur ungleichgeschlechtliche Paare meinten?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Randler posted:

Ja. "Ehe" im Sinne von Artikel 6 GG bedeutet nach herrschender Meinung (inkl. BVerfG-Rechtsprechung) die zum Zeitpunkt der Verfassungsgegebung vorgefundene Ehe, bei der Verschiedengeschlechtlichkeit der Partner notwendige Bedingung ist.

Ah, das erklärt einiges. Danke für die Information! Wird also noch ein paar Jahre dauern...

@Drone, I'm sorry this is happening under these circumstances, but... congrats on your commitment to your new home country?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

blowfish posted:

They're not part of the in-group and therefore must gently caress off. Anywhere. Possibly to die in an oven.

FTFY

Also, good to see that at least the heute show still has some good material:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Sereri posted:

RE:"Die wahre Religion" - Verbot:

I always thought using the word "lies" might be counter-productive

Yeah it took me a few minutes today to realise that it was parsing weirdly because my brain forgot that "lies" isn't just an English plural noun but also a German singular imperative.
I've been expat for too long. :smith:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Any ex-pats here having experience with getting a postal vote? I'm stuck in Brexitland for the next 3 years (doing a PhD) but I want to make sure I at the very least decrease the AfD's % with my leftgreenskanky goodhumanself.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Ich kann gar nicht soviel fressen wie ich kotzen will*.

*Ich lebe momentan komfortabel auf steuerfreiem Stipendium für meinen Doktor und spare durchschnittlich 46,5% meines monatlichen Einkommens weil ich billig lebe und immer selber koche. Nichts von meinem aktuellen Wohlstand ist mein Verdienst; meine Eltern haben mich während des Studiums stark unterstützt sodass ich nur während der Semesterferien Vollzeit arbeiten musste um durchzukommen, und dann ein Jahr mietfrei bei sich wohnen lassen bis ich das Stipendium bekam. Ich stell mich schonmal an die Wand.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Does it refer to just WWII? I interpreted it as "why do you always claim the Germans started WWI / WWII?"

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

oh good i looked at the comments on that ZDFInfo twitter and it's full of white dudes so upset that there are GENDERS and THEY GOT GENOCIDED TOO and I don't think I can take this much idiocy sober.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Ich liebe die heute-show manchmal. :allears:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

:iceburn:
Hat jemand der Tagesschau eine Portion Eier ins Müsli gerührt?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

I thought it comes from "Rutsche" because things can slide out of...
I'll see myself out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

In another episode of "What the gently caress is going on with 2016", our extremely competent Verfassungsschutz may have contained an undercover terrorrist:

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/islamist-verfassungsschutz-107.html

quote:

M. war am 16. November festgenommen worden. Dem Mann, der offenbar vor zwei Jahren von seinem Umfeld unbemerkt zum Islam konvertiert war, wird vorgeworfen, sich in einem islamistischen Forum gegenüber einem Chatpartner als Mitarbeiter des Bundesamtes für Verfassungsschutz (BfV) offenbart und dabei Details zu Einsätzen des Verfassungsschutzes verraten zu haben. [...] In dem Chat soll der mutmaßlich islamistische Verfassungsschützer zudem vorgeschlagen haben, Gleichgesinnten Zugang zum BfV in Köln-Chorweiler für eine Gewalttat gegen "Ungläubige" zu ermöglichen. Dies sei "sicher im Sinne Allahs", außerdem sei er "zu allem bereit, um den Brüdern zu helfen". Was M. nicht wusste: Sein Chatpartner war ebenfalls Mitarbeiter des Verfassungsschutzes.
Luckily he was just as incompetent as all other people working for the Verfassungsschutz and cocked it up before harming anyone.

quote:

Ein Innenpolitiker der Unionsfraktion sprach gegenüber NDR, WDR und "Süddeutscher Zeitung" von Verärgerung darüber, dass man zunächst aus der Presse von dem Vorgang erfahren habe.
Then then proceeded not to tell anyone except the press, which is how the government found out about it. By reading it in the paper.

quote:

Wie gläubig und wie glaubwürdig M. wirklich ist, ist offenbar auch den Ermittlungsbehörden noch unklar. So hat er Frauen, etwa eine Ermittlerin und eine Richterin, offenkundig ignoriert, was als Hinweis auf seine salafistische Gesinnung gewertet wird. Andererseits wurde der von ihm genutzte Chatname auch auf Webseiten mit Gay-Pornos verwendet, was mit einer strengen Auslegung des Islam nicht vereinbar ist - jedoch bleibt bislang unklar, ob es tatsächlich M. war, der diese Pornoseiten besucht hat.
Now let's hire some more nazis to sort through all this gay porn.