Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Benadryl Brownie posted:

Whatever happened to Michael Johnson, City extraordinaire.

Too much pressure -> permacrocked -> fat -> not fat any more -> loaned to Leicester

He's still only 23 (24 later this month) if he can keep fitness he'll do fine as a journeyman footballer. He's also done some coaching badges while injured so he has that avenue open if he can't manage to meet the potential he had before he went off the rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Well he can always restart his career at Notts County

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ozmunkeh posted:

Nobody called Ched could ever be truly innocent.

His name's actually Chedwyn, which is somehow worse (that somehow is by being more welsh)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

sassassin posted:

But he might win the appeal (but never 2 1/2 years of his life back).

He didn't win the last appeal, so I don't exactly know what new evidence is going to sway things in his favour at a second appeal

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Charlotte Hornets posted:

There is literally nothing going against Ched but the bint being too hosed up to give consent.

So he raped her then?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

blue footed boobie posted:

Is there actually a duty to investigate? It would be extremely eyebrow raising for a court in the US to do something like this and there would at least have to be credible allegations of some pretty serious misconduct.

It's in the media spotlight so they need to be seen to be doing it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32217880

Is there anything more shameful than going to Harrods? Apparently there is.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The Daily Mail is completely unable to resist promoting Nazi memorabilia

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Couldn't decide which thread this fit best in http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670639

Trabzonspor's Club President locks the referee and his team in the stadium because they didn't give his team a penalty which might have won them the game. They only get released when the President of Turkey gets involved personally.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Soulex posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress is this?

Monkey Dust

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So you can get your chants factually accurate he is guilty of kissing and sexually touching a child but not guilty of receiving a blowie from her

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

8raz posted:

the victim will hear this every time she watches sunderland. sick bantz lads

to the tune of just about anything, you're not going to bother to make it scan anyway

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's being re-tried again for the rape, they've just thrown the existing verdict out. Either way he's served the required part of his sentence so the most he'd get is some compensation.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

stab posted:

Kind of hilarious as those as the results that will ensure Honduras goes through and Canada is out (canada has to make up a 5 goal differential in tonights game)

If anything, this guy should have bribed the Mexican team to keep it close against Honduras (canada needs mexico to blow out honduras)

I don't know if this guy has seen Canada play, they don't need his added help to make Canada less lovely :smith:

As I understand it, making sure Honduras go through was the purpose of the match fixing attempt

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

vyelkin posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37508193

Burnley sacked Tommy Wright (assistant manager) because of all this

Bit presumptuous of Burnley to be sacking Barnsley's staff

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Twat le Piss posted:

I love it, op. We've finally made it to the big bung league

Finally succeeded in being corrupt where Le Tissier failed

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Things that FIFA is a-ok with: slavery, racism, homophobia, extortion, tax evasion

Things that are not ok: Non-approved advertising, political statements that aren't "look how wonderful my totalitarian regime is"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
loving Samir Nasri

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Apparently the guy who Barton put the cigar out on plays football with the guy who sits across from me at work, I didn't ask if he deserved it :shrug:

While drunkenly trying to set someone's clothes on fire is a bit of a dickish thing to do, it doesn't merit a cigar in the eye in this poster's opinion

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MOTDs knew

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The true crime here

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Naturalising Brazilians: totally fine for Portugal, Spain, Croatia, Japan... but Africans can gently caress off apparently

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Footballers really are just that dumb

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

JFairfax posted:

doesnt pique swing both ways so maybe he wanted a dick which I presume shakira does not have

Her breasts are small and humble, maybe her dick is too?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Evra's done a Cantona and kicked a fan

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Robinho sentenced for Rapinho

Not very nice to call her a ho tbqh

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I know it's very humorless of me, but it's pretty gross to call the victim of a gang rape a ho, regardless of her ethnicity

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's good to know all Albanian women are prostitutes who deserve to get gang raped, how charming you are

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ikr, it's 'hanged'

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Seems a bit extreme to pay someone to accuse you of assault to prove how into women you definitely are

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So it turns out being comically obviously gay was a smokescreen for being a pretty nasty sex pest?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't understand how Chelsea keep doing this despite getting caught all the time

Oh it's FIFA/UEFA's total inability (or unwillingness in exchange for money) to actually go through with real punishments

And I say this as a fan of a club that has got away with and will continue to get away with a lot of poo poo

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
For anyone who is surprised, know that Burnley was the place electing white nationalists to the local council in the early 2000s

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1298254650106187777

Good to know that being in literal jail won't cost him his place in the England squad

Imagine if he wasn't white how likely it would be that he would be in the squad

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Shrapnig posted:

It was a coach so he didn't have a number to reference in that way. Not that it excuses anything. He could have easily gone and pointed to the guy.

e: I misunderstood what you were saying

It's outrageous enough to be an international referee identifying someone by skin colour to a colleague instead of using common sense, but the whiff of racial epithet makes it stink worse.

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 10, 2020

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The story there is drinking champagne while at the wheel of a car, but they just cannot let 'hippy crack' go

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

blue footed boobie posted:

According to some people on Reddit Arnautovic means “son of Albanian” which is lol if true

I think they're misreading Wikipedia. Seems like it's Serbian but derived from a term the Ottomans used for people from a majority Albanian area regardless of ethnicity.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Hippy crack strikes again

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i mean he worked out better than jack rodwell and adam johnson

You left out Scott Sinclair from this list of home grown titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Clubs need to start being held responsible as well for failing to teach players about consent. It just keeps happening.