Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wolrah posted:

So some boxes were waiting on my doorstep yesterday...

:getin:

Currently it's just clamped to the ghetto seat rig Nullvalue built for the MS wheel, but a new cockpit is in the works.

The shifter is way floppy on the stock mounts, I keep money shifting 4>3 instead of 4>5 because of that, but I wasn't planning on using the stock mount for long anyways.

The general build quality and feel of the force feedback is immensely better than the MS wheel (no shock there) even though ours is modified and reinforced to a significant level over stock.

I put about 40 minutes in to FM4 late last night and I'm already entirely happy with this. 900 sure is interesting to recover from slides, that'll require a lot of re-learning if I insist on using it since my typical driving style is a rather tail-happy.

Overall well worth the cost. If you can find a MS wheel for under $100 it's still a great bargain, especially with the bearing mod and longer screws in the bearing mount, but this is an entirely different world.

Whatup ghetto seat rig buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

At least one of those Ferraris transferred over if you imported your Forza 3 profile and had them in your FM3 garage.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GramCracker posted:

Would it be too much to ask for one? :allears:

Yes, because Unicorns cannot be gifted.

I think I have every single unicorn except the M3 GTR the only one I really want. :argh:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I had it in FM3 (and probably 2). :(

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

siig posted:

Out of the blue for some reason I felt compelled to paint a 599XX:

I really like that car and I like that paint, but if I may be so bold as to offer some advice, I'd swap out that yellow for something else, it dosent seem to go with the rest of the car.

also showing off this one, though my car was horribly uncompetative

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 4, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

juche mane posted:

Can somebody gift me locked logos? I've been banned from storefront.

Locked logos cannot be gifted if thats what you mean?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jizznastics posted:

yea, we got ban for like no reason. We had a vandura that said free phyiscals on it.

mine says free candy

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Who is the primary organizer of goons who play Forza? I run a club from another forum and have a proposition to make.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yeah you can message me your email on Live GT: whatcubed3 or you can post it here and we can work something out if its fun. I am the club leader of AUGR but there are a couple other goon clubs, I just don't know who runs them. GTCC and SAEG.

sent you a message on live

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Luminaflare posted:

*Ahem*, moving chicane.

LOL

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hi there, I'm Basticle (GT Basticular) and I run Club [PA], from the Penny Arcade forums. Like I told GentlemanofLeisure I was inspired to come up with this, strangely, by the Ping Pong tournaments the guys behind Penny Arcade play against other Seattle game companies. They have a mini tournament within their company before each match to determine rankings and they face off against the guy whos ranked the same on the other team and then tally up individual wins to determine which team wins the match.

Without further ado,

Club [PA] versus Club [AUGR] One on One Tournament

Our two clubs will face off against each other in a best of seven tournament.

Each club will determine their seven best drivers and rank them 7 through 1. Each driver will face off against their counterpart from the other club.

Each club can determine their internal rankings as they see fit. Wheather it is an intra-squad tournament or a vote or whatever is up to you.

The fourteen total drivers will assemble in a lobby at a predetermined time. Only the two drivers of a given rank will race at the same time, the other drivers will spectate.

Each individual competition will be a best two of three heats. Each heat will be 5 minutes on a Timed Race. This setting will remove the small advantage of the car who starts ahead of the other as scoring is based on distance travelled, not who crosses the line first.

After the first heat, a second will be run. If a driver has won both of them than we will move on to the next round. If the heats are tied one to one then a third will be run to determine that round's winner.

After all seven rounds of competition, whichever club has won the most rounds will be determined the overall winner.

The Races

Each individual competition will be with a specific car and track in increasinly faster cars. Upgrades and tuning will be set to stock. This is to make a level playing field.

Each club is encouraged to paint their cars however they see fit though having a uniform club livery would be nice ;)

(I tried to go for some variety of types of cars. Also DLC cars were specifically avoided. Also I have been called a monster by my own clubmembers.)

Lobby Settings

Game Type: TIMED RACE
Environment, Track & Track Conditions: specific to race
Max Players: 16
Max AI Players: 0
Laps: specific to race'
Racers Car Class: Any
Host car class: Any
Drive Type: Any
DAMAGE DIFFICULTY: SIMULATION
Collision Mode: ALWAYS ON

Scoring Type: DISTANCE TRAVELED
Bigger is Better: Yes
Compare Best Lap Scores: No
End Condition: TIME
RACE LENGTH: 05:00
Grid Ordering: RANDOM
Per-Car ROll Off Delay: 0 Seconds
Number of Player BUckets: 2
Score Buckets Independently: YES
Groub By Bucket: YES
Tag Enabled: No
Number of Heats: 1
Number of Teams: None
End of Race Timer: None

Force Team Colors: No
Force Stock Upgrades and Tuning: Yes
Force off Suggested Line: No
Force off STM: Yes
Force Off TCS: Yes
Easiest Braking Allowed: ABS On
Easiest Steering Allowed: Normal
Easiest Shifting Allowed: Automatic
Forced Camera View: None
Disable Wrong Way Indicator: Yes

Bucket Name: Racers
Roll Off Delay: 0s
Min Players: 0
Max Players: 16
Allow Upgrades: No
Everything else: ANY

Bucket Name: Host
Roll off Delay: 10s

Since the host can't spectate, they will be put into a seperate bucket that starts behind the other two and then will have to drive off the track

*edit* as far as time, 9PM EST is when we usually get together, day of the week is flexible, we usually meet on thursdays as that seems to work out best for the most people.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 17, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just re-read my post and realized I had listed the lobby settings set to allow upgrades and tuning. I fixed it but I figure everyone saw that we were running stock cars so :downs:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

IMO assists actually give you slower lap times so it dosent really matter. The only one I think that is contensious is racing line and both GentlemanofLeisure and I agreed to keep it as several racers in both our clubs apparently use it.

*edit* proabbly should disable traction control for the Ultimate Aero lol.....

The rules are not 100% set in stone and I am up for suggestions.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 17, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just so there is no confusion, I edited my post to have the lobby rules disallow TCS and STM, which, quite frankly I meant to do in the first place but missed that when I made my post.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Next tuesday good for you guys to do this competition? 9PM EST?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Since no one has responded, is next Tuesday evening good for you guys? That works for us.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Are there any rules in place as far as clean vs dirty laps are concerned?

uh, no specific rules but I would think most people would not intentionally go off course but hey it is the Alps, so whatever

quote:

The Audi is actually a lot better to drive than I expected. However, the guy I'm racing is roughly the same speed as someone I'm familiar with so looks like ill have my hands full.

I find this amusing as ebo is a recovering Gran Turismo player and has only had Forza since January. Hes gone from awful to kicking most of our asses in 5 months.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is what happens when I have a 4 day weekend and nothing to do.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

BTW since no ones actually said snything, what time tonight are we doing this? 9pm est is best for us but we're flexible.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

burtonos posted:

Who is hosting this shindig?

Probably me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'll put up a private lobby at like 10 till and invite my guys and Gentleman and he can invite the goons.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Came down to the wire

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A few times in the past ive done a hot lap in a car (that i tuned to my preferences of course) on a particular track and put that car in the club garage. Then challenfed my club to race against my ghost on the leaderboards with the vague hope of winning a prize there was no prize.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Awwww poo poo yah, can Club [PA] submit times?

P.S. instead of seperate leaderboards could you put a notation (or extra columns on your spreadsheet) showing if the driver used controller/180 degree wheel/900 degree wheel, normal/sim steering, TCS, ABS etc. (The driver wojld have to tell you obviously) ?

Basticle fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 1, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hell yeah you can.

Alright fine. If people submit extra info with their times I'll catalog it and include it. This will be optional. The only thing required to submit a time is the time.

And car, right? lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Zinjnok posted:

Well, I can't let that stand. 2:47.090

god drat

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Does anyone here have the 2002 BMW M3 GT-R and 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 ? They're the only 2 Unicorns I don't have and I need to find out the following information for each car:

stock horsepower and torque, and also the weight and PI when hey have Race Rollcage, Race Tire compound and front & rear Forza Aero installed (and only those parts).

TIA

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thanks!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Thanks a bunch ^^^

Also, FenderBender just posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoZpp4ztczA

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

You guys are more than welcome to race with Club [PA]. We race on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually starting round 8:30-9pm est. This week we're finishing up a multi-week season but next week is gently caress-around time. Tuesdays we usually do random stuff, next Thursday IIRC we're doing C Class Smart Cars.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

e: updated the standings in my previous post. I'll keep updating them in that post and then make a new post at the end of each week.

uhhh what you have listed for me for A class wasnt accurate when you originally made that post and its changed even more since then. :v:

*edit* then again I've never posted a time here, so....

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I may not have the fasest time but I'm the only one who can bring along 4 friends in luxury :smuggo:

Seriously though, I put together a Quattroporte for shits and giggles and it might be the best overall A class car I have; its stupid fast and the handling is staggering.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Forza 5 could be Forza 2 repackaged with more tracks and i'd probably buy it :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just a reminder that you guys are more than welcome to come race with us PAers. We do Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9PM EST

tonight is just a random fuckaround lobby

thursday is C Class Smart cars

next tuesday is B Class Asian, no restrictions

my GT is Basticular

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Goddamnit McBeardo

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

speedtek posted:

I tried to add you last night but your friends list is full :(

And I just realized I could have sent you a message, oops.

I was thinking i only had like 85ish people on my friends list so thats strange. Also you can still join on me by looking at my profile on whacubed's friends list.

You missed out, I loaded up a lobby setting I made a couple of years ago called "Hypercar vs Malaise"

D class 77-89 American cars vs R3 supercars in a bucket that starts 20 secends later. You quickly learn true terror.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 12, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

speedtek posted:

Please tell me you ran that setting on Top Gear Full. The crossover becomes tons of fun after a couple laps.

Of course we did, although the terrible handling of the malaise cars ended up being more of ahazard to us than the R3 cars.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

[PA] has a lobby up that at 9PM will be C class smart cars. Someone asked that if they dont have that DLC can they take a Plymouth Cuda instead and I said "eh, whatever".

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Perhaps the rotation of the ingame wheel mirrors what you have plugged in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cubivore was upside down on the otherside of the track when this happened (sorry about the poo poo quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwWip4EziXM

• Locked thread