Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

uglynoodles posted:

NO THIS IS MY THREAD AND I DEMAND ALL THE GLORY of course other people can share stories! I certainly am interested in people with similar experiences, what they went through, why they stuck around, similarities, differences, and what they learned.

Since this was OK'd a while back, I thought I'd jump in with one of my own.

A Little Back story
Back in the early days of the internet - around 1998 or so - I was in the 8th grade and just starting to get into 'making friends' online. I was into art, and joined 'Elfwood' to post my little doodles. Through there, I met a bunch of other people and we were sort of an online clique. One of them, I'll call her Jane, lived only two hours away from me, and was just a few years older than myself (I was 16, she was 18 or 19). We became very good friends - we were both very creative, loved to draw and make little characters and were both into games and such.

Jane was very into anime, and at the time she was writing a story/novel that seemed to have a lot of anime-ish and otherkin/furry themes. And, of course, She (as an anthropomorphic horse) was the starring character! I had read quite a lot of it before I ever met her face to face, and didn't really think too much about it - I knew most her 'characters' by name from the story though, just from having read it.

You were raped by what?
So, anyway, cue our first time meeting. I had a marching band contest, and Jane came to it and we went to dinner after. She was hard to miss - she wore her hair up in that silly Japanese double-bun style with a silly Asian top - they quintessential otaku. In the car, she kept muttering and talking to herself, saying things like 'Oh, I didn't sleep last night, Janus wouldn't let me sleep.' and so on... Janus being the villain character in her story - he's also a vampire AND a werewolf, but I'll get to that in a later story. At that I was sort of 'Eh, whatever, maybe she just was thinking a lot about something for her story.' and put it out of my mind.

But then we get to talking, and Jane starts telling me about how sometimes at night her characters come to her and won't leave her alone. And how sometimes they molest and rape her. Little 16-year-old me was completely stunned at this, I had no idea what to say. I remember asking her if she meant for real, like... her characters and she wasn't just imagining it was them when it was someone real-real, like she and I were real. But no, she insisted that her characters - her character's spirits - would come to her at night for sex. That they would keep her up all night, in fact, for it.

As a bonus, here's an artwork of hers that I found, of her 'character' in the novels that she was writing.
modedit: removed pic & changed name at weirdo request

For the record, I don't want to hijack this thread but I feel like these stories fit the theme well enough. I have loads and loads more - I was friends with this person for over 10 years before after a final confrontation I decided to cease all contact with her. I'll add more anecdotes as I can - but for now, I hope this little one is enjoyable. :)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Cobalt Chloride posted:

At first I looked at the picture and was like, 'It's a cat thing on a swing..?' but now I guess it's bondage furry... molestation stuff? :ohdear:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Reading all of this Gaia talk made me go check my account, and good gracious I have so many of the monthly reward things from years and years ago. Unfortunately, most of them aren't listed on that site so I have no clue what any of them are worth.

So much stuff plastered everywhere.... :ohdear:

Authentic You posted:

Stuff

Your art is really awesome, and that picture is super cool. What you posted there really calls to mind the kind of characters Jacques wrote about in his Redwall books, not voluptuous gently caress-me-furlord shewolfs, so I think you're probably pretty safe, either way! =)

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

edit: moving this to the Gaia thread, so this awesome thread isn't derailed any further!

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Is it sad that the only part of this that my brain went 'What? No way!' over was when DeviantART banned her for tracing?

I feel so broken by the online art community. :smith:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

So, I hate to ask.... but does such a think as a Chocobo otherkin exist? I'm fairly certain I have seen people claim to be Moogles, or whatever those little things are called.

Oh god, what if there are Cait Siths? What if they're the FFVII style? Are they the cat, or the stuffed animal part? :psyduck:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

I wasn't going to post about this, but after thinking about it for a while I decided it probably is semi-appropriate. It's about the same friend that I posted about before, that thought she was a unicorn otherkin/therian and was somehow raped by her non-existent made-up werewolf vampire boyfriend as well as said made up boyfriend's also-made-up brother.

For a while we fell out of communication, because she was a complete drama queen and (according to what she told my husband) I had 'betrayed' her trust or something. I never really got a clear explanation from her, in the short time we were on speaking terms again.

I'M GOING TO GO HOME AND MAKE A POST ABOUT THIS
There was a pretty big convention in Atlanta that I went to for several years, and roomed with my best friend (who I'll call 'S', but she's a goon too but I dunno if she minds being identified) from Europe who would come visit for a week or two and then we'd go to the con before she left. That particular year, we had already arranged a fifth person (who I'll call GR) to be in the room with us because he was a good friend, and wanted a cheap place to sleep and didn't mind the floor. Anyway, about two weeks before the convention, the drama queen, who we'll call Ashley, sends me an IM asking if we might have room for herself and her fiance (whom I'll call Jon). Because I'm way too kind, I said, 'sure if you guys don't mind the floor, as all the beds are spoken for.' And so we made arrangements for them to stay with us as well. As well, I mentioned that I possibly had an air mattress but I wasn't certain of the condition or cleanliness of it, as it'd been in our shed for ages. When I went to dig it out, it had some dust and such on it but otherwise seemed ok, so I wiped it down with a wet rag and took it along. As well, they had later also asked if there would be room for their nasty manky cosplay fursuits, and if it was OK if they dried the heads sitting on the AC, to which was a very firm 'no'.

Round comes the time of the con, and we arrive pretty early but manage to get our room, and S and I go to set up our things at our dealer's table. Much later in the day, Ashley and Jon arrive. They come bursting in the room with bags and bags of poo poo, and throw it all by one of the beds in a huge heap. Whatever, I guess they just don't travel light? Anyway, then we're all sitting in the room relaxing for a bit, and they ask about how much their share of the room will be. Previously, this had been discussed over messenger (and, in an ironic twist of fate, they had been logged because Pidgin is awesome) and we just decided to split the room seven ways, so each person paid the same amount as the others. Well, as we're sitting there, they're both beepbooping on their iPhones, I can only assume doing the 'math'. Then they begin to question the amount they'll pay, even though they had literally JUST figured it up. Begrudgingly they hand over the money, and we go down to the front desk and pay it, since that was the last of the bill that was needed. Just shortly after S and I went out to dinner with some friends, and we arrive back in the room to see the beds shoved to the side and this HUGE pallet of blankets on top of the air mattress (fair enough, the floor sucks so I can see wanting padding) but also with a HUGE pile of plush animals. I'm not exaggerating, there were at least 15 plush animals piled on their makeshift bed. My best friend and I just sort of silently stare at each other knowingly. We turn in, because we have to be up pretty early to be in the dealer's room. They come in at about 2AM, loud as gently caress, slamming the bathroom door and talking loudly, and of course wake all of us up.

The next morning, we head down to the dealer's room, but GR was still asleep, as well as Ashley and Jon. A couple hours later, GR comes down to our table saying that Ashley and Jon had packed up all their things and left! He said that he was awake but when he heard them stirring and talking he pretended to still be asleep and eavesdropped on them talking, and that apparently they were saying to each other how I had lied about the price of the room and we were scheming to steal their money (there was more, but that's the most prominent part I remember). Of course, my friend and I were like.. the gently caress? This was all arranged far in advance, and the numbers never changed.

So I send Ashley a text, asking what exactly was going on, and she sent back some bizarre and cryptic statement about how I had BETRAYED her again and all I do is lie and steal from her. So I sent my husband a text and asked him to please try and sort out what was going on, since he tends to be a little better at dealing with idiots than I am. Finally he texts back saying that Ashely has gone full-blown insane and is spewing how we've stolen their money and made them sleep on an air mattress that smelled like cat pee and that we've simply betrayed her and we're all liars! Of course, S and I are completely flabbergasted, especially since we've seen them MAYBE a total of an hour the entire con.

A little later, I get another text from Ashley saying how we've stolen all their money and now they have $10 for the rest of the month, how we lied about the room, etc. And also that I apparently lied about the cost of parking (IM logs show that I told her I didn't know what the fee was, so she should plan accordingly).

S wasn't feeling well and had a migraine, and so went up to the room fr a bit. I went up to check on her a while later while having a friend babysit our table. A while later, we're both in the bathroom because she's very sick and I'm trying to help her as much as I can, when there's a BANG BANG BANG on the door. S's boyfriend answers it because we're both a little busy dealing with puke. Well, it's Jon, and he immediately starts screaming and raising hell.

Finally after a few minutes of listening to him rant at her boyfriend, S goes out to confront him. He begins demanding their money back and going on about how Ashley is SO devastated that she could be betrayed by someone that had been her friend for so long, etc. Of course, S tells him to get hosed, that the money has already been paid and that they chose to leave on their own, no one asked them to, and thus they've forefitted getting any money back. After another while of him ranting and raving, I finally can't stand it anymore and go out (I was still in the bathroom, just listening). I tell him to get gone or I'll be calling hotel security to have him removed - at this point he'd been causing a scene for about 15 minutes. Well, he starts to back away (I guess I'm scary when I'm mad) and finally after a few snippy exchanges between he and I, he throws up his hands and shouts nearly at the top of his lungs, "I'M GOING TO GO HOME AND MAKE A POST ABOUT THIS". I was so flabbergasted that all I could do was laugh in his face at that point, but S steps up and tells him that if he starts any drama at all about this they'll never see their money refunded, otherwise it'll have to be refunded after the con as we clearly couldn't cover the cost of their part at that present time. That seemed to satisfy him, so he left.

We thought it was over and done with, but we were wrong.

A little later, after S had recovered from her migraine, we were both back at our table when round comes one of Ashley's friends (also some kind of horse otherkin something). She very pointedly ignores me, and begins speaking to S. She says that Ashley has called her and said that a bag containing her hairbrush and a bottle of Febreeze has gone missing, and could she go check the room for it. In an attempt to stop the drama then and there, S tells her to come with her, that they can go search the room together. Nearly half an hour later, S is back and says that the friend saw clearly that the poo poo they forgot was not in our room. Not 10 minutes later, I get another text from Ashely, saying "HOW DARE YOU STEAL OUR FEBREEZE."

Their Febreeze. Somehow, we had stolen their Febreeze.

At that point, I blocked her number from my phone after a final message telling her to seek psychiatric help.

Weeks later, we found that they had in fact gone home and made ridiculously dramatic posts to their Livejournals/Twitter about how EVIL AND HORRIBLE we both are, so we never gave them a drat penny of their money back since S told them they wouldn't be seeing it if they went home and made internet dramas. The saddest part of all of it is that I actually lost a few other mutual friends solely on the fact that she went home and posted all of her bullshit, and of course since she posted about it first clearly she's the one telling the truth.

The other sort-of epic part of the poo poo they went home and made up was that 'GR', the other friend we had staying with us, was just awful and horrible and also a thief. He's one of the most upstanding and honest members of the particular fandom we're all into, and runs one of the biggest information sites about it, and has a reputation for being one of the most fair people in the community.

e: Christ that was way longer than I intended it to be. Sorry for the wall of text about con drama.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 31, 2012

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I've read the whole thread and what I just can't grasp is why any of you hung out with these people. Like you can write the story with obvious hindsight and understanding of how utterly pathetic and awful these people are,... but why did you stand them for even a moment? I mean thank you so much for the stories but I really hope you've all learned to stop associating with these types by now.

For me, it was because my parents had been going through a very nasty divorce (father was abusive physically and verbally, and then fought my mother for custody even though I wanted nothing to do with him) Because of all that, I had been in and out of several schools and the few 'real' friends I had, I had lost due to the moving around a ton. So I turned to the internet (art communities, mostly - at that point Elfwood was /the/ place to be) and met the person I spoke about above. She was my 'best friend' for ages because she was the only person I felt I could communicate with on any sort of level. At that point, I was ~15 and she was 18 or 19, and she actually came to visit me several times (she was from the Knoxville, TN area, and myself just outside of Asheville, NC so it was only a 2 hour drive). This actually lead to her showing up on our front porch at 3AM banging to be let in because she had ran away from home (at age 22ish).

Then she went full-blown insane when she met her 'fiance'.

I have much saner friends now, thankfully, and she's nothing but a horrific memory from a different time of my life, that I try not to think about too much.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

There was that guy that believed he was an alien dragon that ended up going to make an A/T thread at the urging of people here, and then got banned (or probated? I don't remember). That's the only one that's coming to mind, honestly.

edit: His posts here in this thread, as well as the Ask/Tell thread, Ask me how I fathered 16 Space Dragons.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 1, 2012

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

moerketid posted:

EDIT I remembered a second amusing part of this story that I figured to add in. When "Jon" showed up at the hotel door demanding his money back, we told him no. It quickly devolved into "We NEED that money because without it we can't eat or live and Ashley can't get to work! You don't know what you're DOING to us!". This was repeated over and over, and further posted on the internet and bitched about to their friends, that we hosed them over because they couldn't afford to live because we didn't give them back their cash (I told him he couldn't have it back because they were essentially leaving all the other people in the room short on budget, due to their own ill-preparedness, their own decision to leave for no good reason and refusal to discuss the issue: ergo repayments would be discussed AFTER the con).

Now these guys as mentioned above knew full well how much the room would be, we talked about it at dinner days before the convention, there was an IM log of it, that was no question. They drove all the way from Tennessee to Georgia to an expensive convention, in an expensive 4* downtown hotel in an expensive city. They had to eat and drive back home. How on earth were they meant to live after....yeah I just don't even. :bang:

God, yes, I forgot that part too. Not only that, I know in the short time they WERE at the con, she spent a fair penny on commissions from people as well. The only think I can figure in my head is they only realized after they had got there that there was absolutely no way to budget the con and still make it by the rest of the month, and decided to bail and cause a scene for their money back and go home.

The best part is that if that was truly the case and they had been honest about it, we would have worked it out with them and gotten them paid back so things would have been ok.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

McNerd posted:

Yeah even without seeing this edit, this was the only explanation that made sense to me.

Axiom I. I am not an idiot/immature/irresponsible fuckup/[insert whichever noun is most tied to my self-esteem].

Corollary Ia. I would not gently caress up my own financial situation through my own idiocy, by forgetting to do the math or to gather relevant information.

Corollary Ib. I did not do the above.

Axiom II. My financial situation is hosed.

Conclusion: It's someone else's fault.

I don't have much experience with crazy people so I could be wrong, but I don't think a minor monetary annoyance would occasion this level of cognitive dissonance. It seems like it'd take at least a minor crisis to threaten your self esteem this severely. And short of that I don't see how you get all this.

Well, to be entirely fair I didn't find out until after the 'first' time she stopped speaking to me that apparently Jon (the fiance) had been paying her ~$350 a month car payment literally since he met her. As in, she bought the brand new car (Hyundai Tiburon) in 2003, and he met her in 2004 and immediately began paying for it before they ever met in real life (she being from TN and he from PA, they met on some fandom dating LiveJournal). Also, mind that he has literally never worked a day in is life, is ~35 years old, and they presently live in the attic of his parent's garage. He draws disability benefits, and is a welfare queen in every sense of the word.

I wasn't going to share this, but then after looking at it again, it's just too funny not to. This is Moerketid's rendition of Jon:

Did I mention that he's also claimed in the past that he wants to be a woman? Well, he wants to be a woman, too. I guess that makes my ex-friend a lesbian or something, I honestly don't know how these things work.

At any rate, 'Ashley' was never good with money for as long as I ever knew her, and would often come to visit and I would end up footing the bill for everything we did/ate the entire weekend because it was all she could manage to do to afford fuel to get there and back. I put up with it because I was so starved for social interaction that it didn't seem like a big deal. Though in retrospect she did always talk about buying tons of Gundam Wing wallscrolls and crap, so I guess that's where all of her money went.

Another sad but sort-of funny anecdote: I was snooping around her art page and noticed where she had posted a journal several months ago about holding a raffle to try and get money to buy a new computer. The stipulations was that anyone could enter for free, but if you donated $5 you got a sketch and also got your name entered 1 time for ever $1 you donated, with the grand prize being some full color piece from her. Several journals later, she posts that she bought her ~$1200 computer and she'll be doing the raffle draw, then immediately next journal is the full list of entrants and the screenshot of the random number generator of the winner.

There were four entries in her raffle, and none of them were donors. :rimshot: I can only guess that Jon footed the bill for that as well.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 1, 2012

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I'm noticing a theme with a lot of these crazies of being extremely sexually repressed to the point that being "raped" is the only way to explore any sort of sexuality.

In my armchair internet psychiatrist opinion about this, the person has just never had anyone interest in them sexually in their lives. Contriving some elaborate rape fantasy not only fulfills the 'need' for being 'wanted', but also allows them to play the 'oh woe is me i was WAYPED' card.

As someone that has suffered real sexual abuse, the moment 'Asheley' went on about it after that happened, I didn't speak to her for several months and when I finally did, I told her pretty much what I wrote above. Any more I ever heard about her ~rape~ was through her webcomic.

On that note, I might write about that story/comic next.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

RoeCocoa posted:

At least he asked first? :gonk: I hate people who don't respect personal space.

Auuugh god, the way people act at cons make me embarassed for the human race as a whole. Once there was a girl in one of the little artist alley things and she had a bit of cardboard that said 'TOUCH MY TITS FOR $1!'

And people were paying her.

To touch her tits.

...well, until con staff got word of it, and then she promptly got ejected from the convention. I have so much respect for the people that staff conventions, I really don't know how the hell they put up with so much bullshit.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Since Moerketid brought it up, I'll share what I remember of the guy.

Really, on the outside he was quite nice. A budding photographer, so we did have a little common ground though I would only get really into photography later but I did appreciate what he did. He took some very nice photos of my cats but... He was a little too friendly with some animals, as Moer mentioned about her dog, so it kind of sits in the back of my mind. :/

As for conventions, everything she said is 100% accurate. We literally had to force him into the bathroom to shower most cons. Moer gets awful migraines that causes her to vomit and be in hellish pain and he would refuse to do anything to help care for her when she got in that state so it usually fell to me and my husband to get her sorted and taken care of. As we're in the bathroom, her heaving and me trying to hold her hair back, he would come in and try telling us all about the ~amazing fursuit games oh lol so fun u guiez~, as if literally nothing out of the ordinary was going on. :|

One of the most amazing stories that she left out that I remember is some time ago, for whatever reason he was bugging her or she happened across his page and he had pictures of his new motorcycle. It was covered in Rainbow Dash stickers. So, I guess he's a babyfur brony now?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

I read a lot of this last night while half asleep so this may have alreasy been asked and answered... but how exactly do they explain the propegation of their race if they don't have contact with/have any men? Do they just magically spank babies out of one another, or what?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

teh winnar! posted:

Blondes are the girly girls that bear the children and brunettes are the manly girls that make the blondes pregnant. Somehow.

I guess the 'somehow' is where my brain's reasoning center shuts down because the :siren: bullshit warning :siren: alarms are wailing so loud.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Ask / Tell > Ask me about growing up with a girl who thinks she's married to anime guys: All Stories Tragically End In Anime

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Edit: Actually... I'd rather just not talk about this yet. :| Sorry.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 11, 2014

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

DicktheCat posted:

Hey, hey, don't fret about it. None of us want you to talk about something that makes you really upset. I'd never actually want someone to legit hurt for my fleeting amusement.

It's honestly really more of a 'not quite sure this even fits in the thread' type story about an amazing internet stalker that's decided to suddenly make things real life and terrifying. :/

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

moerketid posted:

I know I know you irl but honestly it's probably better not to post it here since this forum is public sometimes and there's a possibility of her tracking it down somehow because she is just that crazy.

Yep, exactly.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Some of you may or may not remember me posting- then removing - a post about a certain little stalker that I've had for many, many years...

Well, there's some pretty awesome developments over it since the last time I mentioned it. I know it's a :justpost: thing, but it'll take me a while to write up. :allears:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Camrath posted:

That's the thing really- back when I was referring to, everyone (even the crazy creepy seeming older folk) were for the most part <30 years old; hell most were still teenagers. With the young and the poorly adjusted you sort of expect a certain level of weirdness and so on, as people figure out their identity etc.

But then you see people pushing 40 who are still the same way. I used to find it darkly hilarious, but now tbh it just makes me sad. With I'll admit, a touch of 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

Sadly, this is kind of where I am these days too regarding this kind of stuff. I'm sure based on the ED link and what I've said here, you've been able to deduce who I am.

I admit I was pretty hosed up when I was a stupid teenager. But... My life has given me a lot of opportunity for personal growth and at this point I've come to the realization that anyone that wants to linger on 10+ year old drama probably isn't worth my time anyway.

Anywho...

The story of Kim
The ED page that I linked earlier is about all the 'backstory' you need on this person - known as KAK, KIMMAUGH, Kim, and other variations thereof. She's a psychopath 40 year old mentally challenged woman that literally has nothing better to do with her life than sit around and wreck havoc for people on the internet.

She's been an on-again-off-again annoyance for me for years - our beef goes back to around 2001 or so. She was already somewhat infamous at that point I suppose, but half the poo poo she did in those years pales in comparison to her current exploits. In those early years she was always just an internet lolcow, someone to laugh at. It was amusing when she would do things like pop up with new accounts leaving bizarre comments on my art galleries.

Then, in 2012, things got real. Scary real. That was the point I really started documenting the things she was doing specifically to me.

I hadn't heard from Kim in a long time - I had naively thought maybe she had moved on to other targets (and later, I learned she was in fact going after others during her downtime with me). Then, out of the blue one day I got a strange email from someone claiming to be Kim’s mother, Barbara Keister, from the address “kimkeisterthetruth@yahoo.com”. The email was a strange paragraph about Kim with the link to a webpage. The webpage had several mentions of my name on it, with the indication that Kim believed that I was running KIMMAUGH.com, the original site about her made by John Keel and Jocko Jones of Portal of Evil fame, and later Loremaster from ED. It further made clear that Kim was accusing me of attacking her physically and vandalizing her or her parent’s property.

Creepy, right?

I sit on this for a little while before finally replying to tell Kim to not message me further and that I am not impressed with her charades. That is when this situation goes from 'lol this lady is silly’ to 'holy gently caress is she soliciting murder for hire on herself?’

I got at least 10 emails similar to the one above, all from the same address that initiated contact previously claiming to be Kim's mother. Around the same time, someone using the name "TheKAKReporter" was burning up my art galleries (and those of many of Kim's past victims) leaving comments like:

So... yeah, clearly this is Kim, with all her characteristic bad spelling and grammar. At this point I wasn't really sure what to do - is it illegal to threaten your own life? I guess not? I reported the account and it was subsequently banned, and as for the emails, I went to the police. I live in a very small town (population: 900) in western NC. They did not take this seriously at all, and told me that if I was disturbed by the content of the emails to delete them without opening them. Great.

So, of course, I did the only thing I reckoned would get at her. I sent copies of the emails to ED.

Boy howdy did that piss her right off.

Shortly thereafter, I received another email in my box from the same address. I contained nothing but a link to a Blogger page. Upon viewing that link, I discovered that little Kimmy had been quite busy. She had made a hugely elaborate page about me, with pictures of artwork done for me, photos she stole off my Facebook, and a judiciously edited version of a rather old drama page about me from many years ago. Kim had added in her own flair, inserting claims that I was a prostitute, that I was raped by my father, that I was divorced (????), and that my husband had sex with plush animals(??). The creepiest part of the whole thing, however, was that she had gone on Google and gotten screenshots of my home and address and included them in the page with her claims that I was a prostitute.

My. Actual. House.

With comments that I am a prostitute, that people can come here for sex.

I just.. what the gently caress? What the actual gently caress? Of course I called the police again. They asked me if I knew who made the page, I told them yes of course, they asked me if they lived in NC, when I said no they went WELP SORRY CANT HELP YOU. Blogger at least took the loving page down quickly enough. I got screenshots of the entire thing though. Ugh.

At that point was when I went and got my first restraining order against Kim. Thankfully the judge was more understanding than our good for nothing sherriff and police department, and gave my evidence a quick look over and handed me the paperwork with no questions asked.

But then Kim decided to retaliate. I will post the rest of this story later, for now my head hurts typing all of this out. :ohdear:

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 3, 2016

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Kimmaugh Part 2: The Restraining Orders
As I mentioned in my previous post, I was able to secure a restraining order against Kim for her bizarre webpage that she made that included my home address and a bunch of other nonsense.

I completely left out one of the batshit things she did that lead to me getting that order though. You see - I volunteer at a breed specific rescue here in the mountains of NC, and I guess Kim figured it out from stalking my Facebook. She sent them an email about me, telling them that I "abuse disabled people" and have sex with animals. :psyduck: The only saving grace is that I'm long-time friends with the president of the rescue and she knew instantly that the email was from the stalker I've been bitching about for ages, and so she forwarded it all to me as evidence to be used for my order.

Moving on with the story...

At this point, I'd gotten the restraining order against her. That was all well and good, and I figured that would have easily been the end of Kim in my life. Her very first victim (that I'm aware of, at least) - Kylen Miles - had to get a restraining order against her back in the early 00's and that seemed to end the situation for her. I, unfortunately, didn't seem to be quite so lucky.

A few days after Kim was served with notice that I was taking out a restraining order on her, a sheriff showed up at my doorstep. He said that a woman claiming to be Barbara Keister had called the sheriff's department and claimed that her daughter, Kim, had attempted suicide and blamed it on me. I briefly explained the situation to the deputy, and he - thankfully - stuck with the same level of apathy that I had previously been given and left without making a report because it was silly internet drama.

A week or two later, a sheriff was back on our doorstep. This time, serving paperwork on me - Kim had decided to take out her own restraining order on me.

If I wasn't clear about this before - I live in North Carolina. Kim lives in California. Kim has contacted me repeatedly, despite being told over and over again to leave me the heck alone.

At that point, I didn't really care too much about it, it was just a restraining order and frankly it didn't really mean too much to me. I had no intention of wasting the money to go to California to attempt to fight it, and I figured that she probably just showed up and gave a sob story and that's how she got it issued in the first place. My #1 goal was to have my order in place so that if/when she contacted me, I could go straight to the police and (hopefully) have them give a poo poo this time. She was granted the order about three months after I received mine against her.

This should have been the end of it. For the period of the restraining order (1 year) I heard very little from her. During this time I set up an alert on Google that contained my name + her name, so that whenever a result came up in the index it would send me an email. This was the only way I could think of to attempt to monitor whatever crazy junk she was doing without actually actively seeking her out. Things were peaceful, as I said...

But then, no less than a week after my order expired, I began getting hits. Kim had made a Google+ account and was getting a lot of mileage out of it. I have screenshots of hundreds of posts she made, every one with my name mentioned in it in some way. She began to create elaborate stories about the things that I had supposedly done to her.

Now she was saying I had raped her. Her story was that while "we were in college at Loyola Marymount University" I had cornered and raped her in the showers "after basketball practice". There were, of course, some immediate flaws with her story here - the most glaring that I have never attended that university, nor had ever up until last week set foot in California. Kim also claimed this supposed rape happened when she was 19 years old. That would have made me 13 years old during these alleged events.

So.. yeah.

For a taste of what her posts are like, here is one of her more... passionate posts about me. This one is a bit more recent, which leads me in to the next part of my story...

So my restraining order had ran out at this point, but technically Kim wasn't contacting me so I kind of just let this go for a little while. She's loving crazy, as anyone that comes across her bullshit can attest to.

Except I finally discovered what she was doing in all that down time during the restraining order...

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

You may want to black out some personal details just to discourage rear end in a top hat internet detectives.

How did you come to Kim's notice in the first place?

Eh, anyone that looks up Kim can easily figure out who I am through those means anyway. I'm honestly not that worried about it at this point. I've already had the worst dealing with this nutbag.

Kim originally "found" me through Livejournal, specifically on some art communities. That expanded on to art websites, and eventually many of her other targets just fell off the face of the internet. I can only assume that because I keep a somewhat public presence with my "normal" art and photography, Kim just stuck on me.

Unfortunately most of that early stuff is lost to time (but I wish to god it wasn't because there was some Grade A Kim Drama there). You can still find a bit of her Portal of Evil subforum on archive.org, though.

hyperhazard posted:

Please tell me you've read The Gift of Fear. :ohdear:

I haven't. Looks like something I should, though!

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

I wish I was a better storyteller, because honestly this is a much better and deeper story than I am able to convey it being. This is kind of rambling because there's just SO MUCH bullshit she's done to me and these other victims in the past few years alone... getting it all in, or even just hitting the highlights, is a gargantuan task. :ohdear:

The Others
Around early 2015 was when Kim really doubled down on her Google+ postings about me. At this time I was just finishing up my third degree and was honestly pretty stressed out and over dealing with any bullshit, which I think is part of the other reason I just didn't deal with Kim in any meaningful way. There was too much other important stuff going on with my life to bother with this dopey woman that was spewing nonsense, you know?

Then one day out of the blue I got a message on my Facebook page for my art from a person I had never heard of before.

As you can tell by my reply (dark grey), I was very hesitant about this entire situation. My husband and I internet detective'd the poo poo out of the woman that sent the message, and finally decided that she was, in fact, a real human being. I found the website for the rescue associated with her name, and called the number the next day. The woman - Karolyn - was quite lovely and we talked for almost two hours.

It would seem that during her downtime with me, Kim had moved on to the animal control world.

For the sake of their privacy, I will only be using first names, as many of the ACO's that are involved in this are professionals that have put their asses on the line for me. PLEASE do not internet detective them. They have all been through enough poo poo already, dealing with Kim.

Karolyn told me about what Kim had done to her - stolen her profile pictures off of Facebook and made profiles using both Karolyn's name, as well as the name of another Real Person, then going on the page of NACA (the National Animal Control Association - this is going to come up a lot in this part of the story), making all kinds of nonsense posts with pornographic content. Further, Kim went on to make different profiles using the photos of an ACO from Alaska - a dude named Grant - and then made a TON of false complaints against Karolyn and the animal rescue that she runs, making claims of animal abuse and the like. Kim also went so far as to find pictures of Karolyn's home and post those on a page, calling for people to go protest in front of her house because of her "animal cruelty".

Very shortly after this phonecall, I get added to a Facebook group that a group of the animal control officer victims of Kim made. There's 20+ people in this group. Every single one of them has, in some way, been victimized by her. :psyduck:

Here is a summary of things that Kim has done to various animal control officers:

* Robert - Repeatedly emailed his employer, claiming that SHE KNEW someone online was impersonating him and she was certain their intent was to sexually harass him. She had no idea who it was though and could not give any evidence of this person????
Very recently Kim claimed that "someone" called her claiming to be Tim, and that this person "told her she was going to be arrested". She actually called 911 to tell them this. :allears:

* Mary - Kim left reviews for where Mary works, claiming that she was "yelling at a mentally disabled child because they supposedly got too close to her dog". She also claimed that she saw Mary strike animals physically several times for no reason. Mary was put on PROBATION at her job because of this phone call and had to have several meetings with the town manager. Finally they looked at the records and it was discovered that on the day in question no one had even taken out the trucks, and that Ellen was, in fact, doing deskwork.

I feel like this might be a good time to just use Mary's own words:
On April 28th, 2015, I had an interview with a background investigator at the <redacted> Police Department as part of the hiring process for my new job. During the interview, the investigator presented print outs of the fake facebook page, which included pornographic image. It was clear that he thought the facebook page was really me. I had to explain that it wasn’t, and eventually in order to pass the background check, I was required to submit a written statement about my dealings with Ms. Keister. This statement had to be approved by the <redacted> City Attorney. I was also required to submit more personal references than originally required, most of which had to be from the job I had only just started. Luckily the background investigator and the city attorney accepted my written statement and my new references, and I was given a commission, which meant I could keep my job. I was able to get the fake facebook page taken down for impersonation and harassment.

Kim also made a twitter account using Mary's name and filled it with filth and pornography, including quotes about how she liked "big black dicks in her rear end" and close up shots of assholes etc. I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure this was linked to Mary's superiors at some point as well.
:nws: :nms:

* Jeff - This guy had the unfortunate circumstance of meeting Kim in person. She took some weekend / day long classes at the local college where she lived and he was one of her classmates. He said she failed the class three times before finally passing, but that's neither here nor there. Kim became infatuated with Jeff, and went around telling everyone that they were dating. Kim also sent Jeff MANY nudes and sexually explicit text messages, as well as "gifts" that were left at his place of work.

And there's more. So much more. But I think you guys really get the point. During her downtime with me, this is what she was up to.

Escalation
And then she began to merge her tactics, as you can see with her beginning to post these people's homes and addresses and then going after me, where I volunteer, etc. At this point, nothing is sacred for this piece of poo poo woman. Nothing.

At this point, 2015 rolls into 2016. My life was very busy, and I just really still didn't have a lot of time to "deal" with Kim beyond having a grump every now and then about her BS. I kept documentation of what she was doing, and then sat on it. I know it sounds kind of dumb to let this kind of poo poo go, and in retrospect I really should have re-applied for the restraining order sooner. I guess I just hoped eventually she would have a stroke or something over how much she hated me and would stop her poo poo.

She was still going around DeviantART, now harassing my friends. Some of them got a bit of a kick out of poking fun at her, which just made her go into even more of a frenzy. Kim is "ZiraLionKingFan", obviously.

Her theme of lesbianism is.. quite prevalent. It's pretty interesting to me, actually, since she does to that whole "role reversal" thing, blaming people for things that she, herself, has done. That thought actually terrifies me a little too, with all the animal abuse accusations she makes. :tinfoil:

She also keeps popping up on Facebook, and attempting to add me as a friend. Why? WHY? I don't know. Sigh.

She never stopped her poo poo. During all this time she had STILL had a restraining order on me, because in California they last 3 years as opposed to the 1 year they last here in NC. I'm sure there's some clause somewhere that if you try and contact the person you've restrained it voids your order, but in the end it doesn't matter anyway because of what happened most recently.

You see, little Kimmy here decided it was time to double down, AGAIN, on the bullshit she was doing. She began making a LOT of claims on her social media that she was having to call the police, sometimes calling them multiple times a day. Always about me, or people that she had dubbed "my associates". To read her entries about this (such as the one I posted previously), you'd think I was running a huge criminal enterprise. She had constructed this elaborate fantasy in her head that somehow I was in charge of a mafia of gang stalkers, all hell bent on making her absolutely miserable.

She went and filed for a renewal of the restraining order she had on me in August of this year. I received the paperwork on August 16. That kicked my rear end into gear, and I went the same day and filed my restraining order back on her. On that same day, I spoke with all of the animal control officers that had been victimized by Kim, and they urged me to make a GoFundMe, to go out to California and fight this bullshit.

So I did.

In less than three days, I raised $1,000. This went completely viral in the art communities where Kim is a notorious piece of poo poo for the stuff she did all those years ago. I literally sat here and cried, I was so overwhelmed with the kindness and generosity of so many people - so many complete strangers - that were willing to reach out and help me slam the door on this now-15-year-long saga of my life.

At this point, Kim knew I was coming. I know she saw the GoFundMe, and I hope to god she was shaking in her loving boots. She began to ramp up her posting (and 911 calls) even more. At this point I began to double down, collecting my evidence and organizing it to a really stupid level, because at that point being able to organize things was the only way I had to "control" the situation. Maybe a weird coping method, but.. it helped.

You may be asking yourself, "How does she know if Kim was really calling the police or not?" Her county's sheriff puts all of their dispatch logs online, and they go back a full year. I went through several of these files - each one is only a few days worth of calls - before I realized it would take me way, way too long to do this myself. So I gave her sheriff's department a call to figure out if there was some way I could make a public record request or something and just order copies of the call logs with only her calls in them.

I had a rather interesting conversation with the woman in records. The call went something like this.

:) "Hi there, I'm trying to figure out if I can order a record of all calls made to you guys by one person - named Kimberleigh Keister."
:cop: "Oh... Wait... Does she spell her name kind of differently? Like... L E I G H?
:) "Yeah. She does."
:cop: "Oh, her."
:) "...Ma'am, you speak as if you're familiar with Mrs. Keister."
:cop: "I used to work dispatch, she called all the time.

The officer further went on to explain that only did she know Kim... She KNEW WHO I WAS. When I explained the situation to her, she understood what was going on and told me she would call me back in a day or two once she had gotten all the records together. Four days went by and I hadn't heard from her, so I gave her a ring back. She apoligized for not getting back to me sooner and said she had actually worked THE ENTIRE DAY previously on getting the records together for me. LITERALLY ALL DAY.

There were 54 PAGES of 911 calls from Kim, dating back to April 2015.

54 pages

Not one call per page. Multiple calls, per page. Like 4-6 per page. Almost all of them in some way about someone stalking her, harassing her, driving by her house slowly, calling her, emailing her, texting her, anything you can loving think of. I had to cut a check for the copies, and when they came it was a HUGE packet.

At this point, all of my own evidence + the evidence of all the other victims that came to court with me + the call logs, we're at over 500 printed pages of evidence. I have it in three HUGE binders, and it's so heavy I can barely carry it.

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 6, 2016

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

For the last-ish part of my story, I'm just going to copy and paste the update I made to Facebook for part of it, because.. it's an awful lot to type out.

Things went on much the same, with Kim doing her posting-multiple-things-a-day about me, and me just sitting over here quietly documenting it.

I remembered another thing that I left out of my previous part of the story: When I went and filed my most recent restraining order, I decided gently caress it, Kim has used her parent's names to contact me. I filed orders on both her AND her mother and father. I am done loving around with this, and I have a pretty strong feeling that the parents have been ignorant up until this point of what their mentally challenged daughter has been doing.

I got notice on September 27th that all three restraining orders had been served. Not even an hour later, all trace of Kim was deleted off of social media.... OR SO I THOUGHT. The page where she had been spewing all this bullshit for several years... gone in a flash. Good thing I took screenshots of every. single. entry. huh?

Anyway, so a little more time goes by and we fly out to California to deal with this bullshit order that Kim has put on me.

(begin c/p from Facebook)

We arrived at court a little before 8am and found that the courtroom was teeny tiny - it could have held perhaps 30 people at maximum. There was a total of 10 of us there, we took up almost the entire right side of the room. it became obvious fairly quickly that Kim wasn't showing up in person, as there was only one other person in the courtroom for a different hearing.

Finally they call my name, I stand and am recognized and Kim speaks up... over the courtroom speaker. They allowed her to telephonically appear. I'm sure she thought she was being sly by trying to make it look like she was so afraid of me that she couldn't be in the same room with me... But in the end, it was one more shovel of dirt from the hole that she was digging for herself.

The judge restated/reaffirmed the reason we were there today - that Kim wanted the order extended for 3 more years and I had come to challenge it. Then he asks Kim, "So Mrs. Keister, how do you want to proceed?"
She launches into a crazy tirade about how I'm sending her anonymous emails and calling her from blocked numbers, and even said that the restraining orders I filed were 'falsified' and that I had moved on to stalking her parents, and that because of my ongoing harassment of them they're now getting a divorce. (lol wtf?)

The judge, somewhat exasperated, then gave her a nice healthy dose of stfu, telling her that since she had chosen to appear via telephone she can not be sworn under oath and therefore anything she states can not be considered evidence or admissable testimony in court. Furthermore, her failure to physically show up made being able to cross-examine her impossible because she can not be placed under oath.

She spluttered a little bit at him, claiming that Butte County Sheriff advised her to phone in instead of going in person, to which the judge made the exasperated wtf face once again. Finally he cut her off and asked me if I would explain the unusually large amount of paperwork that was filed.

At that point I read my declaration, which is below:

quote:

My name is Andrea Brooks and I am a disabled artist from North Carolina.

I do not know Mrs Keister. I have never stalked or harassed Mrs. Keister. The things Mrs. Keister claims I have done to her are completely fabricated due to what I can only surmise is jealousy and hatred.

At my hearing today I come prepared to prove to you that Kimberleigh Keister is now, and has in the past used the courts to further harass myself and her former victims by claiming that there is a "conspiracy" against her, and that she has been creating multiple false 911 reports and civil filings in regards to this "conspiracy". All of Mrs. Keister's claims are supported by no evidence whatsoever of the allegations that she is making because there is no "conspiracy" and many of the people she names as "my associates" had no prior contact with me prior to Mrs. Keister's victimization of them, and this court action.

I first came to know of Mrs. Keister's allegations of this "conspiracy" when I was notified by several people on Facebook that she had posted details of several supposed police reports she had made on social media. I called the Butte County Sheriff's Department, the county where Mrs. Keister resides, and they have no record of her filing police reports. They do, however, have a long record of her making an excessive amount of calls to report incidents involving paranoia, delusions of being stalked, and many other things.

As I believe Mrs. Keister has fabricated evidence to ask for this order, I have decided to bring my evidence and defend myself against her.

I ask that you deny the renewal of this order. I further ask that you find Mrs. Kimberleigh Keister responsible for the court costs of this case as well as for the fees that have been required to come here and defend myself. This includes witness fees, Subpoena service fees, etc.

After I finished reading that I turned back and motioned to the full benches behind me - nearly the entire side full with just us few, and said "Your Honor, all of these individuals are also victims of Mrs. Keister."

He just sat there for a second, a little dumbfounded. He didn't even give her a chance to respond to my declaration, he just said, "If you've been a victim of Mrs. Keister and would like to give a statement, come forward."

Of course, all of them did.

First Jeff spoke. Kim sent him nudes and went around town implying to people that they were a couple. She sent him all kinds of filthy emails and texts, all of which we filed into the court record (of course). In one of these emails she asks him about me, because he's a furry. Because I guess clearly we all know each other.

When Kim had her turn to refute him, she claimed she had no clue who he is and that she had never heard his name before. Absolutely outrageous, considering the giant STACK of emails we had between the two of them.

My husband spoke about the levels of stress all of this has put me through, as well as some techy stuff about how her IP address is tied to literally everything, especially the accounts trying to look like they're there to harass her. Everything traces back to Butte County.

Next up was Mark who is also a board member at NACA (which Kim is/was a member of). He spoke of the number of complaints they have had throughout their organization and how they had to change the bylaws to get rid of her, as well as some personal Kim horror tales including how she had been rampant on an animal control forum that he ran for several years. All IP addresses that we had corresponded to IP addresses that traced to accounts known to be Kim when she used this forum.

Lastly, Karolyn spoke and showed her screenshots from when Kim stole her identity, photos from Facebook, and more. Keister stole the profile of Karolyn and was using it as her own and later had an entire profile pretending to be Karolyn. With this false page she caused a lot of trouble for this woman and her animal rescue.

The other two witnesses that were there, Mary and Robert had both filed their statements and records into court record and chose not to speak out, as by this time this had gone on for a little while.

During all of this Kim adamantly swore that she had never heard of these people before and that she knew Karolyn was causing trouble with me, she was an accomplice, etc, etc.

After all the testimony from all of us was heard, the judge had some pretty words for Merced's little darling.

The judge ruled against Kim, denying her request for the extension / renewal, then went a step further and said that since I and so many other witnesses had traveled so far to see justice done here that he would take that as motion to vacate the original restraining order that I didn't know how to fight when it was issued two years ago, with falsified evidence from Kim.

He then ruled that due to a TOTAL LACK Of CREDIBLE EVIDENCE OR TESTIMONY from Kim that the order was vacated. The judge also ordered Kim to pay the cost of court + expenses, and suggested I could go another route to get damages as well.

(end c/p)

So... yeah. Law: 1, Kim 0. There has been a few small developments after this epic smackdown happened - the most notable that the newest log came out from her local sheriff's department. It would seem that Kim called 911 AS SOON AS THIS CASE WAS OVER. The log for the call is below:

So... thanks, Kim, for letting them know you're full of poo poo. Not that I think they needed that alert. Keep digging that hole deeper, girl.

The end? Ish? Hopefully?

Dear god I hope. :ohdear:

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

You should consult with a lawyer to see if you have any grounds to file a civil defamation lawsuit against this crazy woman. It seems to me that with the giant mountains of evidence you have, plus the documents from your recent restraining order hearing that you are in a really strong position.

This is something I'm working on right now, actually. I've consulted with a lawyer and he's very interested in the case, but hiring him will run me ~$1500. He very kindly suggested that if that was something not within my budget, he felt like I could definitely take this to small claims (which in NC goes up to 10k) and at least get a judgement for my travel, as well as stuff like my therapist + mental health from this period of time covered, since this has been something I've spoken about a lot with my therapist (and she actually wrote me quite a nice letter to go with my files that basically said my life would probably be a lot better if Kim would go the gently caress away) and there's a record of the distress she's caused me over the years.

If small claims is the route I end up having to take, there has also been some rumblings among the entire group of ACO victims about attempting to go after her as a sort of "class action" type thing. There's well enough evidence, and we have one hell of a case if we all stand together.

One of the biggest things in general here is that there's a thing called "defamation per-se", which basically covers when you make accusations of something that is, at face value, inherently defamatory. With a 'per-se' argument you do NOT have to prove any damages, because the defamatory statement is, at it's core, seen to be defamatory by definition of whatever you were accused of.

Things that fall into this category: Rape, murder, bestiality, child molestation.

So... yeah, I'd really like to be able to sue her. The issue is, unfortunately, being able to pay for a lawyer. As mentioned, I could try to GoFundMe the cost of it - that's something I've been thinking about. It's just... kind of a tough situation. I know she's probably going to be back on my case sooner rather than later, so I need to move fast-ish. It's just a matter of deciding what the best course of action moving forward is really going to be.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

I decided to go for it with the GoFundMe to try to get the funds to hire a lawyer. I don't know if I'll hit the goal I need, but I overcompensated anyway to account for fees.

I also reposted my story, a more succinct version of what I posted here in this thread (and with more screenshots!) to help promote it.

If you guys feel up to it, any help to even just spread my story would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to sound like I'm soliciting here - because I'm not, but retweets/reblogs would be appreciated. :)

http://brainmurk.tumblr.com/post/151603563235/myinternetstalkingnightmare#_=_

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 12, 2016

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

DicktheCat posted:

It's cats all the way down.

Also, I drew this and I'm not sorry. It is SA's "spirit airplane"

Excuse me you left out PINK JETS © DICK THE CAT 2016-2016 DO NOT COPY ALTER OR REDISTRIBUTE

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

I wish I had a super positive asskicking update to my story, but unfortunately I got what I got.

I have a restraining order against the entire Keister family, which has done little good. I'm still raising the cash to hire a lawyer and go for criminal charges against her for all this bullshit, but donations have really slowed down and I don't really know how else to keep promoting.

I still monitor the dispatch logs from her local sheriff's department. She still calls in every few days. The newest update is that in the past couple weeks she's began calling in using her mother's name as well, making the same claims (repeated calls from unknown number, etc etc etc) that she was before. I wrote a nice long email to that sheriff's department's CrimeStoppers division but I haven't heard back yet.

Sadly, I am almost certain that she is building to something with all of these calls etc. I just wish I knew what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Samizdata posted:

Just praying it is not showing up at your house with a katana/gun...

As long as I see her coming, I'm a fair shot with a bow.

I will not deny that I have fantasized about this. ._. Hooray for SCA skills.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I'm going to reveal my ignorance by asking if there is any state in the US which allows private prosecution of criminal offenses? Or did you mean "civil damages" instead of "criminal charges"?

Yeah, that.

The thing is I'm pretty sure I'll never get a cent out of her, so my long term goal is to do my best to make her life miserable. IE: asking for her to have restricted internet access (not likely to happen), long term probation and required several times a week therapy (much more likely) and so on.

You know, just the little things. :allears:

That Damn Satyr fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 4, 2017

• Locked thread