Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I just realized Liv Tyler was with Rose and Dave when they created the green sun. Does that mean she's dead now too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

of bees posted:

I'm betting that all of the kids will have names that are 11 letters long, with 4 in the first name and 7 in the last. Lalonde and Strider already fit, and Crocker fits too, so I'm thinking J will have a new last name.

Also I can't wait until the kids meet their guardians-as-kids. The antics with all eight of them are bound to be good.
I think it's going to be J___ Clemens.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 11, 2011

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I'm thinking more along the lines of the Resident Evil 4 inventory system.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

MrBims posted:

I hope he eats the poster before anyone else can see it in some attempt to assuage this nightmare.

Not even just captchalogue it and refuse to bring it out. Just eat it.
Technically if he does captchalogue it no one would be able to get it out since if he still has the encryption modus.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Haha, the lyrics of this thing are half in Latin and half in Quenya. I thought that cover font looked rather tengwaresque. It's massively kitschy but I love it. I'm the turbonerd, it's me. (Although not enough of one to really judge how well the Latin lyrics square with the chosen classicist pronunciation, say.)
Having taken a little bit of Latin, the only problem I found pronunciation wise was that vento should be pronounced wento.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Let's just leave the Page of poo poo for dead and hope to god it never goes god tier.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

This is a song about the Warhammer of Zillyhoo, greatest of weapons. "Forged in fire by the smiths of Pipplemop, commissioned by the sage Lord of the Wozzinjay Fiefdom in the Realm of the Snargly Fruzmigbubbins"; majestic, poweful, and wielded only by the bravest warriors (and Gamzee), muses have sung of it throughout the universe: that a legendary hero would inherit the great warhammer and use it to smite down evil in all its bahahahahaha oh god i just wrote a big, totally serious song for this thing

(click it!)
As much as I love this song, I think it might work better as the theme for HEPHAESTUS (Dave's Denizen), either way amazing job.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Why do I like the term "Bad Fanfiction Zone" so much?
You lock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of incest, a dimension of noncon, a dimension of crackfic. You're moving into a land of neither consistency nor substance, of random things and bad ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Bad Fanfiction Zone.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 23, 2012

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Here you go.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I hope we get to see more Vriska and beta John.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I know this is update before last, but I just realized that Terezi had her dragon hood pulled up over her face because she was crying and didn't want Karkat to see.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

The Ultimate Riddle is going to turn out to be something incredibly silly like "how is toothpaste made?"

It'll be what are those red flag dealies on mailboxes called.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Gonna post this poo poo right now before anything happens. Vriska made John fall asleep so she could make Tavros jealous enough to propose to her.
I am throwing my literal hat into the metaphorical ring of plot guesses here.
That might work, since it would also explain why Tavros inexplicably fell asleep right in front of the ring.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Mystic Mongol posted:

Has John ever seen a living troll? He might not know that the white eyes means dead.

He saw Karkat and the meteor trolls when he looked into Jade to send them the bucket message.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

So what I'm getting from this update is that Sburb's single-player campaign has a broken difficulty curve and you can't beat it properly unless you're playing co-op.

You can tell it never got out of beta, huh
I more see as something similar to Earthbound's copy protection where tons more enemies would spawn.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I think 3833< is meant to be a fish/cat thing since I think the < is a tail fin and 383 is just a smiley face.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Well it's clear there's at least one more session because otherwise what's the homestuck game going to be about.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I'm most excited about the prospect of a chat between HIC and Dad.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Wait, since Caliborn's title is Lord. Wouldn't it not be "Lady Massé", but instead "Muse Massé".

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
This also explains why Dirk and Bro were the ones who wound up having Cal.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Color Printer posted:

The question then would be, what would happen when she used the code? Would she get (a) nothing, (b) a fake magic-less or detrimentally enchanted imitation juju (like a fake Amulet of Yendor) or (c) something else entirely?
My guess it that it will create the items that eventually become Caliborn's and Calliope's respective JuJu's.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I wonder, wheter we're going to have this background for just this flash, for a portion of this act, or for the entire rest of the act.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

SteelAngel2000 posted:

This really isn't making the Alpha kids any more interesting.
Though it is making the alpha session more interesting.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I hope we see trickster Dad.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Dorroile posted:

Trickster Dad is regular Dad, except that he wears a silly and colorful tie. He's really cutting loose.
This is pretty likely, since Trickster mode seems to remove most of the person's inhibitions. I'm willing to bet that Dad without inhibitions would be pretty much the same as normal Dad. Also he'll probably have a small cake on his head.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm more interested to see what this powerup actually does in regards to Heart, Hope and Void powers, now that we've seen what it does to a Hero of Life.
Well to be fair Dirk just broke Jake's heart.

Edit: Also thinking more about this, it's kinda fitting that Dirk doesn't become happy go lucky considering his class. Since he's the prince of heart he breaks everyone's spirits in effect becoming a major downer.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 24, 2013

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

It did. It is 100% canon. It also lasted longer than what we were shown. Much longer.

They will probably all remember it in vivid details.

Actually since the kids probably aren't here yet it couldn't have lasted more than a few hours.
Edit: Also it's kinda funny that the final big battle thing is coming up and all of the alpha kids probably have huge hangovers.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 27, 2013

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Bobulus posted:

If, indeed, all four kids are to kill themselves on their Quest Crypt beds, we've got several wrinkles that hopefully won't cause huge problems:

- Previous Crypt godtiers have all involved Green Sun -powered fire. We don't know if that's a coincidence or a requirement.
- Aradia, Dave, and Rose all God-tiered when their dreamselves died on their Quest Crypt. Jake is his normal self.
- The last time Jane's dreamself died, it Lifey-thing'd itself back to life. Would this happen again?

One more problem.
-Whenever people go god tier they go to the battlefield, but CD blew up the battlefield.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I'm theorizing that Lord English is no single person. Instead in every universe Lord English appears in Caliborns will affect somebody, Jack Noir in A2 and Doc Scratch in the B2 case. Effectively meaning that Lord English is no one single person.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

It also brings it closer to a full deck of cards. There are also four kings and four queens.

I guess that makes WV the joker.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I'd love to see Hussie post some of the stranger responses.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Bobulus posted:

That would be funny, but for a more practical attempt, couldn't you just the Dave-like player 7x attacks per turn, but a 7x susceptibility to AoE attacks and such? It would be overpowered, but a lot of Sburb abilities would be, and you impose an ability cost on it with date points and such.

Edit: whoops, didn't see that addition page.

Another neat thing that could be done with this is that each version of the player further into that players respective future could each have a slightly greater resistance to hit since each one has slightly more experience in dealing with the attack.

Though the main issue with this is that it would restrict the time player too much ultimately making every one of them pretty much a knight of time. And in particular it would make the knight of time all the less unique and the uniqueness of each class aspect combo is kinda what makes the system interesting in the first place.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Guys, the juju was just dropped. What if it survived the explosion? What if we ended up with four god-tier trickers? :ohdear:

Well technically there would only be two since the juju was dropped on prospit. Though I kinda doubt Hussie would revisit the tricksters
Edit:this phone is awful

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 8, 2013

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Edit;Quote is not edit

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
To be fair they probably would have double died anyway.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

team overhead smash posted:

Can anyone who got the SBaHJ book confirm that signature is authentic?

Looks almost exactly the same as the signature in my Homestuck Vol.1 book.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
I've been thinking about the whole Cherub reproduction thing and now I REALLLY want to read Calliope's fanfiction. I mean pairings of characters turning into giant immortal snakes and fighting each other sounds like it'd be an interesting read.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Bobulus posted:

This is getting off topic, but I was looking at the Magic 8 Ball wikipedia page to see what all the outcomes are, and the names on the toy patents are funny to me, because they remind me of Hussie's intentionally-awkward names for things.
I see Betty Crocker already controls the US Patent and Trademark Office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Didn't they say that the ultimate weapon is literally beta Calliope? And then Callie said only she would be able to find her(self?)
Actually, I don't think anyone has explicitly said that Calliope is the weapon.