Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It never occurred to me before now that of course photographs exist of that and now I need to go lie down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

What am I looking at.

It's a picture of the Jonestown mass suicide

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KaosMachina posted:

What do you think this is, Injustice, or a Marvel Comic?

So how do all the people who actually had money when the kickstarter happened feel about their $8 value pre-order

:sweatdrop:

But tbh it's still the apparent destruction of Andrew's passion that I am more upset about than the possibly wasted money.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who's got control of the e-mail address you used? That's who'll be sent the code.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hell yeah homestuck books

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Homestuck! gently caress yes!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't post it in this thread yet but I enjoyed Hiveswap and I really hope they can get the rest of the episodes out at a reasonable pace.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

is it more like the force awakens or rogue one

Rogue One

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

Was the theft by The Odd Gentleman ever actually confirmed or was that basically anonymous post just taken for gospel?

The Odd Gentlemen gave an interview talking about King's Quest that said they were "working on another project" when they got offered that one and jumped at the chance.

It's not too hard to put the pieces together with everything else.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We don't know how it played out. There was some kind of settlement involved so presumably they could have been sued but Andrew probably wouldn't have had the money or time to go through a protracted legal battle. The truth is we'll never know all the details.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those SICK FUCKS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

Oh jesus I didn't know there were two of them

There wasn't at first.

This is the Hussie I've missed.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

As soon as dril has an authour, his posts stop being communal pieces of found art that everyone gets to own. This is why people are hostile to the "discovery" that he is a human being who may sometimes do things to get paid, or collaborate with other writers/artists, or have a regular human name.

That's a lot of baggage to lay at the foot of a funny twitter man

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Sign of the Unsatisfied

:sigh:

Yeah

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Surely we're not that far gone. We have some standards.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Homestuck doesn't even get to parts I don't like until Act 6 so that's a pretty hefty chunk I still think is good.

Admittedly Act 5 does lay the groundwork for where I felt the story went off the rails."

Clawtopsy posted:

i think homes tuck brought me more net enjoyment than disappointment, but the disappointment was more memorable due to when and how it occurred

True, plus the disappointment was more recent. The most disappointing thing being the literal ending makes that the last thing you remember.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bogart posted:

A friend of mine is going to an Italian restaurant in celebration of 10/25.

That better be loving olive garden

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dunno about "getting" I played for over an hour and no sign it's gonna stop short, this might be a full game???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nina posted:

It’s a whole chapter of a bigger game. I clocked in at just over two hours it’s nuts

Nice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Deltarune was realesed before the end of the year, TBH

I would be

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqn3p9

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

also the idea of a webcomic "failing" is such an ephemeral thing im not sure why people might be invested in the idea that a guy creating media for free on the internet can fail

Yeah, I didn't like Homestuck's ending but that's a weird way to express that dissatisfaction

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not going to read it and instead form my opinions based entirely on the posts in this thread

You carry my fate in your hands thread, post carefully

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

the dark secret of this, the BSS Bad Thread, is that anyone who cares enough to check the thread to quote this post still has a deep-seated fondness for at least part of the comic, despite how much they might protest to the contrary that no, they actually hate it

poo poo you got me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I don't get what just happened.

woozy pawsies posted:

To me, this picture is really funny and makes me giggle not so much of the content, but how people react. You can just post this anywhere on the internet, as a complete non-sequitur even, and it'll make people lose their minds. Some will just assume it's a personal attack, or get real defensive and indignant, almost as if they are overreacting to convince you that there is no way Chris Hansen would ever look at them with those steely eyes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Like, if I recall, Problem Sleuth also had an underwhelming ending. Not Homestuck-grade, but it still required an epilogue, and it was nice and wrapped up everything.

The problem sleuth epilogue was just part of the ending. It wasn't the same kind of thing at all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think they were awful

I just refused to read them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Honestly, since the end of Homestuck, I've wanted Hussie to just start another MSPA. Just back the basics. But I totally get why he's probably not up for that.

I suppose there's an irony here; some people want Homestuck to keep going, either to scratch the nostalgia, or continue to "live" with that fiction, meanwhile I sort of just want to recapture the nostalgia of moving from Problem Sleuth to Homestuck.

I'd love for him to move on from this cursed property and do something totally new