Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Ariong posted:

You're just jealous because you're not chilling with Koossprite like I am.

Have fun dealing with a 100,000x prototyped Black King that's nothing but a massive conglomeration of every Homestuck fan's favorite anime/video game (or Homestuck) character distilled into a single body (and at least eleven incarnations of The Doctor).

And Koos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

of bees posted:

Well.

That was fast.

I'm not surprised, they had all morning to work on it.

Homestuck update cosplay gets cranked out so fast at this point that I won't be surprised until it takes less than thirty minutes after an update featuring a new character/outfit/appearance for someone to cosplay it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Interesting. The current planet would obviously be Fin (since it's orange) meaning the next planet, where Caliborn finds Die, is green. It's visible up at the top of the panel there, and it looks an awful lot like Scratch's moon...

Then again Caliborn is apparently destroying these planets for some reason, so who knows.

Well, they're like billiard balls, right? Destroying them is just sinking them in this cosmic game of pool.

e: f,b

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

SynthOrange posted:

Dead Nepeta count: a few billion

And Aradia's visited most of them.

drat, she's been everywhere.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
^^^
Pretty sure that was part of the original fantroll design? I think it's a neat touch. We're lucky the two canon fantrolls actually have pretty nice character designs.

psychoticBacofoil posted:

A whole one panel worth of some fantrolls being canon before being eradicated. I hope that was worth those donation tiers, guys!

If they wanted their fantrolls to survive past their first panels then they should have sprung for the $100,000 tier :rolleye:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Has anyone ever looked at that tindeck site that's linked in the FYAD forum name right now? It looks like a generic music hosting social-networky thing, except that about 50% of all the popular tracks are Homestuck fan music.

I saw a guy wearing a Dave t-shirt on the street today. It's kind of a major youth subculture now, isn't it?

I used to use Tindeck to host my Homestuck fanmusic. Enough people posted Homestuck-related things on it that they added "Homestuck" as a genre for uploaders to tag their tracks with!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Before the album dropped, this was the header of homestuck.bandcamp.com:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
According to the calculations of a friend of mine, there are over 9 million possible shipping pairs now.

Thank you, Hussie.

Thank you.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Plom Bar posted:

This is depressing. I'm depressed. I want to appreciate the humor here but I can't because of how depressing it all is.

Get it together, Rose. Jesus.

I wish I could just emptyquote this, but yeah. This is just sad.

In fact it seems like over half of all the characters on this meteor are becoming more and more pathetic every time we see them.

My prediction: Hussie is going to sink every ship he possibly can and end Homestuck with all the characters alone and alienated from one another. The anguished cries of one million shippers will fuel his body for thousands of years.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I haven't made a Homestuck song in months, so I decided the best time to break that fast would be today:

Grimbark

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Welp, see you guys in a year. It's been rad.

Edit: I'd love if Homestuck comes back before or after my birthday, around the end of June. It would be an excellent present.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Olivia42 posted:

We've all grown up a bit since the Pesterchum controversy of 2011.

Are you willing to bet on that?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I missed Caliborn a lot more than I realized. Also, the update song had me close to tears. Bravo, Radiation, bravo.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Well, on the fanmusic front, Land of Fans and Music 3 is going to happening in the near future and I made this new track for it:

Dance of Viridian and Violet [LOFAM Arrangement]. Some of you might notice that it's a new arrangement of a song I posted in the Homestuck thread about two years ago!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So what is the song that's playing in the flash? I can't find it :saddowns:

It's Gold Pilot from ColoUrs and Mayhem: Universe A

e: f;b

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
For some reason I've started reading grimbark Jade's voice as if she's trying to do a gravelly Christian Bale Batman voice to intimidate her friends and failing miserably.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Cavatica posted:

When Koos says stuff like this, it legitimately makes me wonder why they get banned.

Anyway, I'm a little weird in that I hope Dave doesn't time travel his way out of this mess. Part of his self-loathing came from being saved by various future-selves. He never made the connection, or wanted to make the connection that it was still him that was doing heroic things. I feel like if he's going to be a true hero, his whole arch revolves around standing up on his own, and not relying on destiny to dictate his fate.

I also hope this is the case so that maybe, just maybe Jade snaps out of it when she realizes they're in major danger.

If only Koos could use his powers for good instead of evil...!

I'm also betting on Dave calling the Condesce's bluff. He knows she wants him alive and that diving into lava to save the Mayor would most likely count as a heroic death, so Jade would probably have to use her spacey powers to save him at the last minute.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I haven't been very active on the Homestuck fanmusic front in a while, but today I wrote a song about the Mayor. Because everyone loves the Mayor.

fake edit: I also made a song about Eridan but who cares about him

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
What's so ironic about the horses? Well, what media involving small horses is infamous for having a fandom full of highly visible entitled, sexist, perverted manchildren who try as hard as they can to ruin it for everyone else?

If Caliborn were a human boy on Earth he would be a brony.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Dice Dingus posted:

I've been only-just-barely following the comic for the last I don't know how many microacts now, because it's all getting a bit drawn out for me.

And then, the Huss did something magical. He finally made me understand why some people love John so much.

John is basically Finn The Human.

Finn's been my headcanon voice for John for about a year now.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Nephthys posted:

"Supreme being of pure logic."

Sure, Jane. Sure.

She is merely acting the same way any rational human being would to being accosted by a lovely clown.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Snollygoster posted:

Didn't that get back-edited into a bunch of ASCII gibberish a couple years ago when Hussie tried to make some statement about Homestuck being a work of post-racial transcendence? Or is that just the moon talking?

Yep, that sure did happen.

I felt bad for Hussie when he did that, it just seemed so stupid and childish than maybe trying to be diplomatic and just saying something like "I've decided to leave the characters' races completely up to personal interpretation, although originally I had envisioned them as white." Then again, diplomacy with the Homestuck fandom is probably even harder than diplomacy with the Republican party.

And it wasn't as funny as "CAUCASIAN!"

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
If we've decided to resurrect the Homestuck fanart thread in here for its last few days, I'll throw down what will probably be my last bit of Homestuck fanmusic ever unless something in the final update really gets my music juices flowing (and--to be honest--something probably will).

Crystalline Repose

I haven't even thought about Homestuck fanmusic for months, especially with Volume 10 nowhere in sight (or possibly never to come out at all, if one of Michael Guy Bowman's recent posts is accurate) and LOFAM 3 in a state of perpetual "eventually" (which, to be fair, happened with the other two LOFAM albums because they're such huge undertakings). It's kind of sad, really, thinking about how Homestuck music just isn't that much of a thing anymore, considering that when I started reading Homestuck the music was my favorite part.

Well, so long, Homestuck thread. Thanks for the memories. If the readalong thread gets made I'll follow along there so I'm all caught up when the gigapause ends.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Agreed.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Some surprising announcements there, some not-so-surprising announcements.

And by "surprising" I mean "not-so-surprising". I mean I know lots of people were hoping the Homestuck Adventure Game would just be SBURB but realistically speaking everyone should have expected something not strictly related to SBURB.

I'm pretty hyped to see what Hussie does with a Homestuck-related story that doesn't involve SBURB!... or how he does it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
The tradition of Homestuck fans being able to cosplay new characters less than an hour after their appearance continues to be a thing that happens.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
It doesn't look like PayPal backers are getting the update sent to them with the Kickstarter backers, unfortunately. Maybe a second round of emails will be sent later?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Trolls are popular for pretty much the same reason My Little Pony/Sonic "original character do not steal"s and deviantArt adoptables are popular. Things like horn shapes, blood color, shirt symbols, and typing quirks makes it easy to come up with your own fan characters even if you're not good at things like character design or even art in general. And as for the quadrants, people who are really deep into fandom were all over that stuff way before Hivebent started, they just didn't have funny made-up words for them. If I were more cynical I'd say that trolls were tailored perfectly to make people in fandoms go gaga over them.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
This Paradox Space comic is great, but what made it extra hilarious was that for some reason I lapsed into reading everyone's lines in the voices of characters from The Venture Bros. A few buddies and I pinned down Rusty Venture as the Sufferer, Hank Venture as the troll in the third panel, Henchman 24 as the Ψiionic, and Sgt. Hatred as Darkleer.

I guess something about the way Zack Morrison writes dialogue reminds me of Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick :shrug:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Clawtopsy posted:

Who is James Roach?

He did some music for Homestuck and is doing the music for Hiveswap, I think.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Dolash posted:

If Homestuck were made today it'd probably integrate Twitter in some way. Honestly, Donald Trump harnessing Twitter to become President of the Dark Alternate Timeline sounds as plausible as any of the Juggalo or Guy Fieri based C-list celebrity dystopias Hussie invented.

I would rather have a double Juggalo presidency than the one we have now.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Hiveswap's coming out?

Eh, I'll see it when I believe it.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That was dated Oct 23, 2011 7:16 AM.

It was a simpler time.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Android Blues posted:

The pop-up ads are brutal and can't be adblocked. I would honestly be happy to make a one time payment to remove them, because reading through the Homestuck archive seems like a slightly less happy prospect now.

Can you do this?

https://twitter.com/PaulsRockinTwit/status/980900873785225217?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

NieR Occomata posted:

This loving joke of a fanfic has a loving patreon? Ell oh loving ell. Hussie rushing to ruin his legacy with a JK Rowling-esque speed

That is an absolutely unfair comparison. Have you seen the last two Harry Potter Fantastic Beasts movies? Hussie has a really long way to fall before he's on JK Rowling's level