Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Thundarr posted:

It'll be the most amazing/terrible ARG of all time.

We're already playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh man, that's actually a clever reveal, hah.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hussie should've gone with Nintendo or Valve. Either one would've been a perfect fit.

"Please understand..."

"After nine years in development, we hope it's been worth the wait."

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I already foresee great things from this Dave.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

You're too anime to drive, Kanaya

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Freak Futanari posted:

Also, it's pretty obvious that Jade is using some sort of speech-to-text program to communicate, which makes it pretty bizarre that falling would cause any sort of keyboard smashing, unless she explicitly said something like "afeafafbrhsafgeafaaffafafa" when she fell... and yet I see no text bubble of the sort. This trashy-rear end writer makes plot holes so loving huge that i could ram my fist through it and punch them in the face.

make an mmd comic about your complaints

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

sweet rip and hella dead

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

fits posted:

I don't think I get Homestuck anymore

Welp, time to reread Homestuck

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Who What Now posted:

You mixed up John and Dirk there, and erroneously put Vriska in the 'good' list instead of the 'Best' list.

Common mistakes.

Vriska is tiered four times on that list.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ThaumPenguin posted:

Just finished reading Whistles, which was a pretty great experience, though I noticed that this panel seemed a bit familiar:

Subtle callback or just general eyerolling?

It's both isn't it.

Hussie doesn't tend to reference his past works at all so it's probably just a coincidence

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The ending to Homestuck will encompass all of Hussie's past works, which will include making edits to the rest of the MSPaint Adventures and also delve into the Paradox Space webcomics. Calling it now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The ending to Homestuck is a live action movie of John waking up in the real world. We will become the Homestuck.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I can't believe Caliborn just trapped them in Homestuck.

It's actually happening, it's coming full loving circle.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Why have that happen when there's a perfectly good empty kernelsprite with two waiting prototype slots.

I want RoseRoseSprite

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Plom Bar posted:

Can some one on a real computer dissect the last panel to see if Jane actually ever collides with Rosesprite or if Rosesprite moves out of the way and they never touch?

she does

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oxxidation posted:

This is still fun.

didn't one of you two do some content for homestuck in some way? i know I'm setting myself up to some big oh poo poo moment here.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

WAR FOOT posted:

i, for one, would like to begin the unironic roleplay, thx

who's up for a good ol' Sperg session down at the goonstuck station?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

which flash was the one that extended to the full screen width? I know cascade expanded partways, but wasn't there a flash in one of the weird unique site looking parts that did it all the way? I can't find it in the sound credits.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Plom Bar posted:

Do you mean Game Over?

No, that does indeed not show up in the sound credits for some reason, but it doesn't expand all the way.

Neither does this one.

I'm starting to think I may have hallucinated this fabled screenwide expanded flash...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Guys I wasn't being ironic about that goons tuck idea by the way, obviously the way to combat all these lovely ocs is to make ones of our own. Who's with me?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Renaissance Robot posted:

No poo poo, I get it, but every time it comes up I think of goat people.

i mean who isn't am i right guys ahaha ha

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Can I have a moment of seriousness and say that after rewatching Terezi: Rememb8r that it is now definitely my favorite flash? There's an incredible sense of impending finality that just reassures me that Homestuck is actually finally ending and everything will be okay.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

paradoxGentleman posted:

A Let's Play of the new King's Quest has been started in this forum, and the OP explicitly points out what the Odd Gentlemen have done, but not everyone is convinced by that post that was cancelled on Tumblr. If anyone (Possibly with a better understanding of the situation than me) wants to clarify the situation and/or enjoy the best partes of the game (it's writing and atmosphere) without giving one cent to those guys here is a link:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3737601

i'm not going to not play a really good game just because the developers are scumbags

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I've been trying to create my own ParadoxSpace comics, however I haven't yet thought up anything funny.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Idea:

John: so you're gay now?

Dave: yeah

I haven't come up with the second panel yet.

guys that "Sperg" goon session idea is still on the board, just wanna point that out y'know....

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SynthOrange posted:

The only way to preserve Homestuck is to release it in flip-book format.

I wonder how many pages it would take to make a 13 minute flipbook

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Plom Bar posted:

More to the point, I feel, is that Jade never really "found peace" with the implications of her sprite self's existence and what that said about her role in everything. She talked about it with Karkat for a while with no resolution, and that was about it until they became the same person. And for all we know, this could actually still be a source of existential angst that simply hasn't been explored with the audience. Perhaps she and Davepetasprite still have words to mince with each other about it. I dunno.

I'm of the opinion that all the kids have grown in some significant and substantial way, if perhaps not always in the most productive way. Jake's the only one I would say has experienced negative growth, though I wouldn't pin that all on him either.

I forget how the chain of events went, but didn't alpha jade merge with dogsprite jade when she died and god tiered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

toby fox could write a better homestuck than hussie imo