Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

THF13 posted:

TV Show Favs
Tracks your favorite shows so you know what's airing and what you've missed.

Thanks for this, just spent like an hour adding my favs and then setting up notifications. This was awesome. I even realized a few shows that I have watched seasons recently started too.....time to get downloading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Pipski posted:

Can anyone recommend a remote mouse app? I just want something that will enable me to mouse around my PC monitor from across the room and that finds the server nice and quickly, though if it had a volume control built in that would rock. I used to use the imaginatively named `remote mouse' on iOS and I need something equivalent on Android now.

I currently use Mobile Mouse Lite. Uses wifi, connects instantly for me.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Google just introduced Google Currents out of the blue. It seem like RSS on steroids. Basically, more advanced layout and nagivation for articles on a website rather than just displaying the contents of a feed.

There are a bunch ready to go right now. You can also add RSS feeds to the app, they just are limited to what an RSS feed usually displays.

This app is incompatible with your Rogers Wireless Sony Ericsson LT15i.

Rogers Wireless Sony Ericsson LT15i
This item cannot be installed in your device's country

Boo-urns, I think this would be pretty sweet.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Codiusprime posted:

Widhetlocker consistently slows my phone way down after about a week or two of use. I love the options it offers but I notice much improved performance after I uninstall it.

I felt the exact same when I had it installed. (Xperia Arc, stock ROM)

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Manky posted:

I'd really like to use Emit, but I've never gotten it to work. Running it on a MacBook Pro with 10.7.2, and neither my Touchpad or my Atrix (both on CM7) will stream video. It just fails and says "Something went wrong!"

Try this - On your device in Emit, Settings - Uncheck HTTP live streaming.

I remember the developer saying something like that a few months ago and that's how it started working for me.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Camera ZOOM FX is a great camera, and has an option to turn off the shutter sound, but, on my phone at least, the option doesn't work. I had to delete the shutter sound file which is in /system/media/audio/UI.

2nding Camera ZOOM FX. Bought it for $.10 during Android's December's 10 apps for $.10 for 10 days sale. The disabling of my shutter sound worked seamlessly on my Xperia Arc. Plus the other features are very nice as opposed to Sony's stock camera.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What's a good app for monitoring battery usage? Free would be preferred, of course.

Better Battery Stats. APK attached to the bottom of the post.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Splizwarf posted:

I'm surprised nobody's just made an app for ICS that mounts the SD card as a mass storage device over USB.

My MIUIv4 Rom has this ability. Running 4.0.4

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

rolleyes posted:

Seconding this. As an added bonus (assuming the promotion is still running) they give you an extra 2.5GB of space just for using that feature for the first time. You can also set it to only sync when you're connected to WiFi so no need to worry about it munching up your data allowance.

Adding to this, depending on what phone you have, you could also get an extra 25 - 50 GB in space (HTC One X and GSIII)

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

So, I plan on getting the Nexus 7 soon and also plan on getting into comics again. What's the recommended comic book reader? I don't even know what features I would want as I've never read a comic on a device before. Free is always nice, but I'm more than willing to pay, since I'll be getting all my comics as :filez:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

You should pay for your comics. comiXology and Dark Horse have great apps and since the N7 is too small for full page reading, you'd like their per-panel reading modes.

I read my books in smallest font, so as long as I can fit page to screen, I'm fine with the smaller print, so I think the N7 will be just fine. In regards to my "stolen files", *most* everyone does it, so I'm not ashamed of it.

Splizwarf posted:

Per-panel is really irritating to a lot of people, but that's okay because the N7 isn't too small for everyone for full page reading. Boywunda, just try all the comic apps, they're all free or have a free version. Even the big corporate ones like the Dark Horse app have free stuff that you can try it out with.

I tried PerfectViewer on my phone. I like the fact that I can change my touch screen options. Obviously, the form factor of my phone isn't ideal, so I'll wait until I get my N7 to actually read. I'll try a couple others out as I'm curious if any have vertical scrolling features. Not that I will end up using it, but I do want to try it and see if I like it. Thanks for the suggestions

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

KoB posted:

Any good apps for streaming video from my computer to my nook over wireless? Ideally with .mkv and subtitle support.

Have a look in the OP - goon made app - Emit is solid for this.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

I always loved ADW Ex as my GB launcher. No idea if it can import another launcher's home screen layout. I don't know of any launcher that can do that.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Has anyone heard of or does anyone think we'll get another 10 apps, $.10 for 10 days December sale this year?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Frozen-Solid posted:

I had the same problem. I had to keep choosing to download and after a few minutes it finally took. The same is with personalization. I've had to do it on both my tablet and phone a few times before all my accounts were synced.

Man, I've tried close to a hundred times, over the past 3-4 hours. It's constantly giving me the Network error.

Edit: And after I post this and try again, it starts downloading...figures..

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Taffer posted:

Here's a mirror if anyone else is having trouble with the download.

http://db.tt/tp8hIGOK

FYI, it wasn't the .apk that was causing us problems, it was the language pack, once the app is installed.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

In regards to all of this Google Reader stuff. I don't specifically use the app, but all my RSS feeds are linked to my Google account (Flipboard, Currents, Pulse, Good News, gReader, etc..). Does the loss of Google Reader mean that I loose the option of linking them to my Google account? Or just the app itself?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Feedly is writing their own API for apps to switch over too. It's supposed to be exactly like the Google Reader API, so once they launch it, I assume apps that pull from Google can just make a few changes and use that.

I'm mad because I just discovered Google Reader and moved all my internet browsing habits over to it...

Officially made the switch to Feedly. I actually really enjoy it as a reader so far (20 minute sample size).
When I get home, I hope their Tablet interface is good.

I have Pulse, Flipboard, Currents, but so far, I seem to like Feedly better. According to an article I read, the switch from Google to Feedly will be seamless for me. I'll just keep an eye out for others, as new ones will no doubt appear shortly. Nothing wrong with options.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

hooah posted:

Were you able to find a way to view your feeds in a list view (preferably filterable by feed)? The lack of that was why I only tried feedly for about 5 minutes yesterday.

Yes, click on the green icon in the top left corner, choose "Uncategorized" view and all the feeds with their count numbers appear. Click on the feed you want, then a new settings icon appears, to which you can choose "Mark All as Read", which is a feature I wish all Readers have.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

hooah posted:

Ok, that's close. Can feeds without any unread items be hidden in the uncategorized list?

I can't find an option to hide any feeds, but you can remove them through the app. If no unread articles are in that feed, it shows up as "none" for the count of unread articles.

Edit: Also int he App, under Advanced Settings you can change Default View to - Detect, List, Magazine or Cards. if that helps as well.

Boywunda fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 14, 2013

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Is there a good app to record my screen while I'm gaming? For reference, using a rooted Nexus 10. Preferably free, but don't mind paying if the price is right.

Thanks in advance.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Has the Gmail app been loving up for anyone else lately? It no longer pushes new email notifications, I have to go into the app and manually refresh for it to display. As well, new emails are not always appearing in the inbox either, only in "all mail". This has been happening for probably a week or two, I can't remember when the last time was that I updated the app.

When you go to Settings - Accounts - Google, is Gmail sync turned on?

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Been playing around with the Microsoft Xim app. It's pretty cool.

Not exactly something I'll use every day, but if I remember I've got it, it'll be nice when I want to share some photos with people around me.

This is really cool. I just got back from Mexico and have been sharing pictures. This makes it easier for people not in Google+ or Facebook. Like people at work and stuff. Thanks

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Soviet Canuckistan posted:

Is there an app out there that'll stick something in my notification bar when wifi is off? I occasionally need to turn off wifi (for example, there's a Starbucks in range where the wifi is strong enough to connect but not enough to get any data), so I'd like to be reminded that it's off so I don't burn through my data plan streaming music or whatnot. I found a couple apps that'll have a persistent notification about your wifi status, but I want one that'll only tell me if it's disabled.

First, why would you disable WiFi? It's not the big battery drain that it used to be. If you don't want to use the Starbucks WiFi, just "Forget" it, so it doesn't connect automatically.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

I was chatting with a friend who said that he got in because he knew some people who work for Google and got an invite from them. It won't be open to the public until Friday. So to expect invites on or after Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

butt dickus posted:

It's almost like recording artists want to be paid!

The service also removes ads on music videos and allows you to store videos locally. You also get Play Music All Access.

Or if you already have Google Play Music All Access, you get YouTube Music Key along with it.
Too bad it hasn't been released in Canada yet.

• Locked thread