Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

rdbbb posted:

this episode needs to get translated like right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

rdbbb posted:

At this point I should say that this is a two-parter.

Yessssssss

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

After humming it for like a week straight I noticed a certain something wasn't on Youtube. So I fixed(?) it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3jcCn8sPlE

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ReWinter posted:

I got my copy of the DS game in today, and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. It would be totally bewildering if I wasn't a fan of the show, but, well, I am, so the references come through decently well even translated. Kid-Arino chewed me out for reading the manual before I got stuck...

Speaking as someone who played Retro Game Challenge before I even knew what this show was, it totally works if you have no knowledge of the show too. It's just a really great game period.

Random Stranger posted:

Don't forget that there's a whole second game out there when you finish that one. You'll need to import it but it's got more Arino for you.

How's the fan translation going for that anyway? I need to play it in English before I die.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

rdbbb posted:

who says you won't?

Now I wish the English title was ABE a GOGO.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Left my thing in the steam thing gimme gimme GIMME

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Oh god yes Pac-Man 2 can't wait to watch the hell out of this on my flight yesssssss

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Guess who Discotek Media is hiring to re-translate all the episodes.

:j:

No loving way

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I kinda hope this is a bad early April Fool's joke.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Obeast posted:

I should play through Guadia Quest. When I completed it for the story mode, I went the cheap route and did the quick ending where you talk to a guy in a mausoleum on the far east side of the overworld and he asks if you want to view the credits, which counts as beating the game.

I beat it along with every other game in freeplay mode and it is actually a game with plot twists which is kind of insane.

I mean, nothing like super mind-blowing but the fact that there is a plot to twist in this fake NES RPG in a collection of other fake NES games is crazy.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I win I win!!

Does anyone know how hard it is?

It's got some tough bosses and a weird continue system so it should make for at the very least a decent episode.

Also Stair Wars. :suicide:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

He's going to die so much on Nasty Gatekeeper. I'll be super surprised if he doesn't.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Robodemon posted:

They ramped up the difficulty in the North American/European version of Headdy, the Japanese version is a cakewalk in comparison.

Oh wow, I thought it was just cosmetic changes but I looked it up and you're right. The episode will probably be a lot less interesting for it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Look at these nooblords who haven't beaten Dynamite Headdy. :smug:

One time I even got all the secret numbers. I like Dynamite Headdy.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

TV-Nihon is TV-Nihon but wow the Kotaku translations sound like they were written by someone who only knew English as like a third language or something.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I want all of this (congrats).

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I get they're asking that because legally they have to present that option but really who went to that event that would not want to be filmed/on a DVD

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

It's called Tonari no Seinfeld. Yes, like Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbour Totoro).

I'm laughing super hard at this right now. Someone please draw the bus stop scene except with Seinfeld.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

The flying scene was what immediately came to mind for me, and Seinfeld's smile works so well with Totoro's trademark grin so of course I had to draw it.

Now we'll never speak of it again in this Game Center CX thread.

Regarding Street Fighter 2010, I've always loved how Random Stranger listed its genre as "child disappointer" in the OP.

you are consistently the best holy poo poo

Also regarding Street Fighter 2010, I love how the ending is literally "No Kevin, you are the demons."

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 4, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Congrats on all the 100s! I love this show and I love you guys.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I got done watching the Capcom episode last night. It was interesting, had some information that even a giant video game dork like me didn't know, but it was also kinda bittersweet because it reminded me of a time when Capcom made good video games and Keiji Inafune didn't want to kill himself. I can totally see why they changed the format, but I also want to see more (so I can be similarly depressed at the Namco and Konami episodes).

This new episode doesn't look depressing at all though! Can't wait to watch when I get home.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah, there's definitely a community of people out there that ate the stuff like Leon being named Grant Bitman (best name) and the concept art up. More whenever you get around to it would definitely be appreciated by myself and a bunch of other people.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I surprised they didn't tell him about the one in the second castle where you just hang on the vine and let the dry bones reassemble into your feet forever.

Also, I finally watched Paris-Dakar Rally and what the gently caress was that game how does it exist

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

There's no way that's a real legit prototype, right? Right?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC-x0JXmWSw

Was this not posted here? I don't remember seeing it posted here. How was this not posted here?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

I think Random Stranger uploaded it and posted the download link here a week ago here, then someone put it on Youtube.

Ah ok, I must have glossed over it since it wasn't an actual episode.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

If you could get me a TOO MUCH DOING TV GAME folder that would be the raddest

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Chococat posted:

Absolutely anything you do not have platinum! Please email me at EMAIL so we can sort out your postage. Thank you!

Done!

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 25, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Oh god no, I'm as awkward as Nakayama and worse at games than Inoue.

So you're equal to or better than the best parts of two of the best ADs and you don't want to be on the show. :raise:

Kidding aside, congrats on all the cool things. You deserve the cool things.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

My DVDs were delivered today! But to the wrong address because I ordered them way back before I moved! poo poo! Oh well, I'll get them tomorrow. At least I have these to keep me company in the meantime.

Thanks Chococat!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

FireCar posted:

I hate to say this, but Japan is secretly racist (speciest?) against armadillos. It's been something they have hated for years, ever since Russia sent over their armadillo boats (the Russi-Japanese War for you history types out there) to destroy Japan. It took Teddy Roosevelt, the naturalist president who incidentally speaks armadillo, brokering a peace between the two. Ever since, Japan has felt like they got the wrong end of the deal when Russia loaded up Sakhalin Is. with armadillos before they ceded it to Japan as a final insult.

Trust me an all this, I am a history teacher and 100% sure this is all correct.

but sparkster is an opossum

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Arino and Iwata are playing Balloon Fight now yesssss

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I've pronounced it cuBICle my whole life and I never even realized that the second word of the title is literally the word "cubicle" like the office space until just now. My brain always just instantly defined it as a silly made up word like "kickle".

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I played Metal Storm in the waning days of the NES and it was great. Unfortunately it's one of those very expensive games now...

Oh wow, I've had Metal Storm ever since I was a little kid, had no idea it was worth anything. Just knew that it was rad as hell.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

xamphear posted:

It's just my two cents, but I think you have people who will buy the DVDs and you have people who won't, and it doesn't really matter if they contain previously unsubbed content or not. The number of people who are going to look at a $50 DVD box set and think "you know I wouldn't pay for this, except it does have 2 unsubbed episodes!" has to be a vanishingly small number.

And even if an episode that wasn't subbed by SAGCCX eventually got put on an American DVD, the same people who would have just downloaded the sub instead of buying the DVD would just download the DVD rip instead of buying the DVD. I say don't worry about an episode stepping on the toes of an official release until it's actually licensed, then just yank it like with the Kotaku 12.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

As someone who loving LOVES PaRappa, I have absolutely no idea how they're going to make an hour long show out of it. Well, an entertaining one at least.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

PaRappa was in English in Japan, right? There's bound to be oodles of comedy potential out of Arino attempting to make sense of the plot, songs, characters - hell, the entire game.

All the audio's in English but everything is subtitled in Japanese. It's like the reverse of us watching him!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Upon finishing the Parappa the Rapper challenge, Arino stands up and says 'Uuwah! Now I can actually eat dinner with my family!' Kibe's muffled non-microphoned voice is heard,"Arino kacho." Kibe shuffles into frame and reveals "Actually, I just so happen to carry this game in my pocket wherever I go."

"Um Jammer Lammy Challenge START" shouts Kan, as a single tear streams down Arino's cheek.

cronox2 posted:

Followed by him beating Lammy's story, only for the Parappa mode to unlock and having to beat that too.

This is really the only way they're going to be able to have enough content worth showing, I think. That game (both games, really) is short as hell and there's not really a whole lot of variation so it's not like they're going to be able to show a lot of failure montages. I really truly don't get how this is going to work if it's just him playing through PaRappa 1.

Either that or the whole episode is just a musical or something.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I'm gonna vote Parappa because I really want to know how it's as good an episode as everyone's saying.

E: But if someone does have a barcode battler I am willing to accept the outcome of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Parappa it is! DKC will be done after that.

Thank you based barcodes.