Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

People know what a gringo is. We've seen far more than enough American movies and TV to know what a gringo is.

Which reminds me, did Captain America suffer at all in the foreign market like people kept saying it probably would?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

My understanding is that Danny Dyer is a twat who churns out lovely movies to appeal to people who think the Fast & Furious movies are too intellectual.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jasta posted:

Is Danny Dyer more of a British actor? I am Canadian and have never heard of him, but that could just as likely be because his films look like poo poo so I have never watched them.
To call him an actor is giving him undue credit. You know The Rock, right? Imagine the exact opposite of him.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

This is probably the only good movie I've seen starring Danny Dyer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwBVm7yVE4
What are you doing in a movie with Danny Dyer, Darling?
______________________/

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I saw this poster in a theatre tonight, I'm just going to leave it here for y'all:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Moe_Rahn posted:

I think it's just a poor font choice, compare the last two letters to the lowercase t in "the". They aren't the same, but those f's look really close to t's.
Exactly. We walked past it and went "Wait, that movie's called 'Love in the Butt'?" It's not the most atrocious work in the thread or anything, but still.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

For the life of me, I cannot figure out Arnold's gun in that poster.
I'm not even sure it matters. He just looks so glad to be shooting things again.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dillbag posted:

New Expendables 2 poster featuring... who?

Evil Peter Petrelli has no time for pussy superpowers (aside from the power of being Hella Ripped).

kiimo posted:

Hahaha see if you can see what is extremely wrong with this poster.

Is it that they found a bathroom mirror that gives no fucks about the physical laws that govern reflection?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Leaked trailer HERE!.
I can't be the only one feeling a bit let down, surely? That looks like it's going to be a hell of an action film, but a mediocre-at-best kung-fu film.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's hard as hell to mock the already ridiculous.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Drive has to be a close second to Rorschach at this point for "Most Missed Point."

Vagabundo posted:

Seriously though, I'm not even angry. Anyway, it's pretty stupid to suggest that bringing up an NFL team in the marketing of the film will be any way damaging to the international campaign at all. No one outside of the US cares about football, or even cares enough about it, nor will it have any significant impact either way on the likely box office.
If there's one non-cinematic thing that reading CD has taught me, it's that Americans have a tendency to vastly overestimate how many shits - positive or negative - the rest of the world gives about American Things.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Suzuki Method posted:

how Sting feels about playing that Every Move You Make song at weddings.
Oh for gently caress's sake, really? God drat people are idiots.

Fake edit:

Sting posted:

One couple told me 'Oh we love that song; it was the main song played at our wedding!' I thought, 'Well, good luck.'

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a general request he made to the whole internet, not just SA.
Yeah, he wrote a letter to the Internet basically saying "look guys, I appreciate that you love my stuff so much you want to share it, but it feels weird seeing other people do what they want with it and I'm kind of personally attached to it, so if you wouldn't put it online that'd be cool. Thanks."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Why does Ada look more realistic in the games than she does in this poster?
Because there's probably more computer work been put into de-aging Li Bingbing by about 20 years for that poster.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Instead of throwing every single actor onto the poster and making it terrible, you just combine them!
If you're thinking of being in my movie, it don't matter if you're (Jack) Black or (Jaleel) White.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I would have bet money that is Jim Carrey or Johnny Depp before I'd ever guess Lithgow.
I would've thought Walken myself.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Optimist with doubt posted:

A little bit blown up there some similarity. Sex appeal is probably a factor but not as obvious as widow.
It's pretty clearly a slightly toned down boobs-and-butt pose.

quote:

Since I am pointing out parts of the poster a couple other things caught my eye

Tony Cox!
Oh poo poo, there goes the movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A Haunted House? Why don't they just continue the staple of "X Movie"?
Because they already made Scary Movie and no-one wants to be associated with Friedberg and Seltzer?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

This is actually a documentary about Ben Lee, so there's not really a "cast", per se...
Wait, there are still people who aren't Ben Lee who give a poo poo about Ben Lee?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

And even more so with Shia LaBeouf as one person having real sex.
Nononononononononononononono

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I saw Amy Poehler before I even saw her name at the top. Are there just that many people who are bad at recognizing other people's faces?
Goons have a long and storied history of undiagnosed face-blindness.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I had to check if this is a Professor Clumsy post. No, it's his fantasy-warrior-style loincloth armor.
After giant Transformer balls, don't talk like Transformer dick is out of the question.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tomero_the_Great posted:

What Planet Are You From? (2000) x 9 copies
I think you now own more copies of that poster than there are actual copies of that film owned by human beings.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Planet Earth, where anything involving Chuck Norris gets the gasface.
The only good thing about that was the way Chuck looked like he barely even knew he was doing a movie, let alone understood any of the words he was saying.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Fight for the Alliance? Fight for the Horde? Are they seriously asking for some kind interactive participation for a video game movie?
They're simultaneously releasing two versions of Warcraft telling the same story, one from the Horde perspective and one from the Alliance perspective.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pierson posted:

Kubrick's Shining is fantastic.
Unless you ask King, apparently.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

World War Y, in which a new virus turns people into Yetis
World War W(endigo).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

If snow on a mountain makes you think of cum, that's probably not a problem with the picture.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

p. sure box office numbers will prove that tagline wrong.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's the Anzac spirit :australia:
It's only the Anzac Spirit if the Australian claiming of the thread is immediately followed by New Zealanders complaining that Australia stole it from us.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

That's like... the least representative cover art they could have possibly used.
From what I remember, every single cover or poster Manga Entertainment ever released was aesthetically bankrupt and overall garbage.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

I wouldn't gently caress a racist koala
Tough poo poo for you, they're all racist.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Drew Struzan came out of retirement for this...

If that kid ever gets into movies enough to know who Drew Struzan is, that's just going to be a perfect little cherry on top of an already fantastic thing. As it is, that's already an awesome thing for him to do.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Avshalom posted:

What I want to know is, who are the criminals faving and retweeting these?
At least half of Twitter is bots of some variety or other.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

And I mean really what are you gonna do after Power Rangers?
Felicity?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

axleblaze posted:

The new Hitman looks awful

Just the fact that they dead seriously paraphrase that Rorschach line but make it dumber alone makes this pretty much look like the dumbest thing ever.

Sorry man that movie looks like the best kind of garbage.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

From the Comic Book Movies thread:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's impressive how far off it is from the movie.
Wait, Badlands isn't about Robert Smith and a zombie girl car-dancing on Mars?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Alternative pants posted:

As long as it makes sense to the story who cares? Was Sue adopted or Johnny? Interracial family? As long as it is logical and not just "must have POC because reasons".
What other reason could there be beyond either "interracial family" or "adoption"? I don't even understand why anyone has a thing about this, it's not like this is 1935 or something.

Cleretic posted:

He's pretty good in the first season of Blackadder. For bonus points, you'll also get to show him the peak of the witty side of Rowan Atkinson's career. Nothing against Mr. Bean, which is pretty great physical comedy (please ignore the movies), but it really sucks that it overshadows Blackadder for most people.
Blessed's great in that but that was hands down the worst season of Blackadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

On the other hand, gently caress those guys, I'm not going to let insufferable idiot nerdlords ruin something I enjoy, because I'm a grown adult with self-esteem.