Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Maybe by flair he means "over serious edgy grim dark"?
You could've just left it at "rargh me no like," since that's basically all grimdark means any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I don't get why people apparently want a movie about a collection of murderers, thugs, and insane people to be all bright colors and goofy costumes.

Mister Chief posted:

Jon Heder is definitely wearing that hat.
They actually asked Patrick Stewart to wear it. Hence the face.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Chess is banned here for that very reason.
The kids at school wouldn't stop whacking off into the boxes of chess pieces.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BonoMan posted:

This is the "Brown Tone" of movie posters. You see it and are unable to complete a coherent thought and then you just poo poo yourself and pass out.
I think I lost it at Cameraeron Diaz.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Just wait like till Christmas then you can do a YA dystopian weekend featuring

Hunger games

The divergent series starring not Jennifer Lawrence

The maze runner series starring generic white guy

And The Giver which looks like every other god drat thing put out by Walden Media.
You forgot City of Bones starring Eyebrows and the Rest of Lily Collins.

Which is fair enough, because it literally took me 10 minutes to even remember the name of that movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

I don't think it's a coincidence that in a summer in the midst of an economic recession and mounting tensions about class inquality and income disparity a movie about a white guy who takes a nap and wakes up with super powers that let him take over a planet with ease failed to find an audience but a movie about a poor girl struggling to fight the system from within became a smash hit.

Yeah I don't think it was the economy that stopped John Carter from succeeding. It was more the being boring as gently caress.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

bumblefucks into superpowers
Greatest American Hero reboot please.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

If they really wanted to make use of the framing device, they'd make Indiana Jones in Where In Time Is Adolf Hitler?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Comedy horror? What, like Little Shop of Horrors? Gremlins? Beetlejuice? Ghostbusters? Idle Hands? I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Yes but it was so bad and everyone hated it so much that the entire first trailer for the new one was basically an apology.
Yeah but three sucked all kinds of rear end and still there are/will be like another four games since. As long as people keep buying them - and they will keep buying them - Ubisoft couldn't give a gently caress.

Waffleman_ posted:

I would say a Blood Dragon movie, but Kung Fury just came out.
Kung Fury wants to be Blood Dragon when it grows up.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Why is there an American flag behind Sarah Connor? It makes it look like one of those Iran-Iraq War or IRA martyr murals.

And the robots' red glare, the droids bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Are the lights in the background meant to be bombs exploding or are there three suns?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Oh come on, she does a pretty good job of channeling Linda Hamilton in the trailers.
The only good job of channeling anything those trailers do is channeling my interest away from the movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't know what this woman has done to earn such a vigorous defense.

Nude scenes.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Wedemeyer posted:

I think the bottom most one kind of sucks in terms of telling you what the movie is like, but also kind of works. It does have a party in it.
I think the bottom one is worse at telling you what the movie is called. I assume it's called +1?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

What the gently caress is this?
The kind of thing six-year-old me would've had wet dreams about if that were biologically possible.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The average person will think that these heroes are also in Ant Man.

Of course I'm not sure the average person will ever see these posters, so...

I too think everyone who isn't me is literally retarded.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

When did Benicio del Toro get all those face tatts?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's a thing everyone does. Who the hell says okay, I've not made a bunch of songs and I can quit forever?
Prince.

Except then he doesn't and then we all wish he had.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Prince's new album is awesome, fool.
Eh, it veers hard between amazing and embarrassing, but on the other hand it's also entirely clear Prince couldn't give a gently caress what anyone else thinks.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

My condolences.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't get it, it's just a picture of a robot head from the side with some mood lighting. Why do you all like it so much?

Probably because every other piece of marketing to come out for that film has been wet garbage, so average is a big step up.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So is it hot garbage or wet garbage?
Those aren't mutually exclusive options.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

If you're aiming at an established fan base who are already going to see the movie, what's the point?
Because social media engagement and loyalty-based brand management are as much a fundamental part of modern marketing as trailers/advertisements?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

effectual posted:

That trailer looked fairly cheap. Is it intentional?
No, it's just Taiwanese.

FoneBone posted:

*shrug* I've never seen it, I just know it has a terrible reputation.
IIRC another thing it has is Bruce's Willis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Veib posted:

Also it's loving Fez from That '70s Show who I don't remember seeing anywhere else ever.
Apparently the show also stars a man whose actual name is Stark Bunker Sands.