Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

zenintrude posted:

For some reason this reminded me that another movie is currently $5 for the 4K version on iTunes...

Look at the actor's faces. No one in that poster is happy to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Even on a technical level Spawn is bad. They graphics far exceeded their reach and it was really bad story wise, acting wise (I think White was the only one not trying to ham it up to Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever levels). The soundtrack does own though. For some reason comic book movie soundtracks were generally solid in the 90's. Then came the first Spiderman movie with that godawful Saliva/Nickelback song and comic book movie soundtracks have sucked ever since.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mierenneuker posted:

"Come With Me" is only the third best Godzilla: The Album song, after "Deeper Underground" and "No Shelter".

No Shelter is amazing and I love how much that song rails against the movie it is on the soundtrack on.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

Heh. I admire the audacity. That Van Dam is not Jean-Claude, but wrestler Rob Van Dam

This has the look of a movie that was filmed in exactly two indoor settings, and one of those is definitely an abandoned warehouse.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mantis42 posted:

it's not even about nurses or essential workers, it's about a bunch of new york media people making a movie about themselves

I was always told people in New York were self absorbed but for them to make a movie about literally that.....wow.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Maybe it's the perspective but it doesn't look like Kong is holding on to the building at all so I think he is going to fall first.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

In honor of Yaphet Kotto, here is one of the best movie posters ever

I have never seen the movie. Does a speedboat come out of the crocodile's mouth at any point in the movie?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm not sure what's more inhuman; the symbiotes, or Michelle Williams hair.

Speaking of hair I am sad that the toned down Woody's wig from the first movie. It still looks atrocious in the poster but the wig in the first movie was a thing of a beauty.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I read this article on longform a while back and explains how Bruce Willis (and others) are in so many stupid low budget never seen movies lately. Quite an interesting read

https://www.vulture.com/article/randall-emmett-movies.html

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

That looks on par with Mummy 2 special effects.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gripweed posted:

I don't think most of their songs are about UFOs either.

Floaty off the first album is about UFO's. That's about it.
They should do a cover of Pixie's "Motorway to Roswell". It would fit well

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

I feel like you could get close if you went cyberpunk with Gotham or used certain real and current Asian metropolises as inspiration.

This is pretty much what a Batman Beyond movie would be.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

live with fruit posted:

It gets silly but Forever isn't camp. It's actually very easy to read it as a continuation of Keaton's Batman and the themes Burton explored. Batman and Robin, on the other hand, I will not defend.

Forever had Carrey who was hamming it up to levels never thought possible and Tommy Lee Jones trying to outham him. It was the full blown campy stupidity that Batman and Robin was but it was definitely heading in that direction.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The producers knew exactly what they were getting when the got Carrey to be the Riddler. I'm pretty sure the only direction he was given was "just do all those funny things you did in Ace Ventura and the Mask and don't worry about anything else". He was hired to play a Jim Carrey character and that's it. Jones on the other had is inexcusable. It's okay when a serious actor decides to ham it up but it really came across as pity and pathetic as it looked like one actor was pissed off at another actor for outhamming him. Jones was playing less a character and more of a 4 year old trying to out tantrum their sibling.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
All these movies are trying to put the Man in Batman, but maybe they should focus on putting the Bat in Batman. Makes you think

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Idris Elba in Time 2 Punch in

Feel bad for anyone who didn't see him in Time 1 Punch in

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Amityville IIID is right there!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what is up with all these pinnochios

Public domain?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I thought the movie was called Robert Eggers, which granted is a strange name for a shirtless viking.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Some serious mid 90's indie film hoping Miramax picks this up vibes just from that poster.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Inzombiac posted:

Expectations were low but christ

There is no low low enough.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gripweed posted:

The next few pages of this thread could just be post-Frasier Kelsey Grammer movie posters

I'm just going to assume Dove.org is the soap company's website and do no further investigation.

edit: also I am going to assume that Grammer voices the kid. Again, will do no further investigation.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Life goals right here. To eat pizza everyday and everywhere.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

This poster is sending out some mixed messages about tone and what it is about (besides Iceland having fish)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Vintersorg posted:

Is that for real? I don't believe it.

Considering the movie I would believe that poster is for real.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hate the argument that "it's MODOK so of course it's supposed to look goofy". This argument is done to shut down all criticism for something looking bad.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1635660299150794753?s=20

They wanted to make a chupacabra movie but didn't realize if you take away the cabra, it just means the succ

I thought the abomination against nature was eating the kids arm and was wondering why the kid was so chilled with getting his arm eaten.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Classic poster for a movie that impressed me for doing a lot with very little.

For me the problem is it feels like the movie will never live up to that poster.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gripe time: I know that it is common for posters not to have the actors name align with the picture under said name but for one hot second I thought Charlie Day was doing yellowface before I recognized that it was Ken Jeong and Ken's name is next on the poster.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I haven't watched a Transformers movie in...ever. Is there a reason robots have lips?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

The human dude seems to be growing straight out of the shrubbery.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Each person on that poster looks like they were put there in a different resolution.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

King Vidiot posted:

Before I scrolled all the way down I thought they were making a new Ginger Snaps.

I wish!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Every time I look at the poster I keep expecting to see dead bodies behind him.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

On the one hand we don't have a telepathic link to our pets but on the other hand there isn't widespread cannibalisms.

Movie owns and so does the poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

el oso posted:

John Malkovich likes to stay busy

These all have the feeling of someone who got paid a good amount of money to do half a day of filming.