Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Liar posted:

Agreed. I don't know what else they could really do with the poster in terms of originality... Probably because I haven't read the book and have no goddamn clue what the movie is about beyond teenagers killing each other for other's entertainment. I guess it could be a poster of one child stabbing another in the face while someone watches it on TV with their kids, but I doubt that'd be acceptable in terms of a poster being marketed to kids. Blandness doesn't equal awfulness.
If it helps I watched the trailer a month or so ago in the theater and it looks just as bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

There have been three Punisher movies which all bombed. They're not going to make another one for a long while. As for Spawn, I doubt you will ever see another Spawn movie with any sort of real money behind it. That IP is just too 90s I think.
Disney/Marvel bought the Punisher license back recently from whatever studio had the rights. Supposedly they're considering making a TV series or miniseries or something out of it, rather than another movie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Am I the only one who thought that was Gerard Butler at first in the Bourne poster?
Nope.

Butler better get his act together, because his job is being taken by Renner now...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jon Voight IS..... a film projector screen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

"Hey, throw some more poo poo in the background!"
"Like what?"
"Some crappy Captain America clipart."
Scarlett's head is a mess.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I see Captain Kirk's taking time off to cosplay as Justin Bieber?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

First poster for next January's Quentin Tarantino film, 'Django Unchained':

Pretty strong cast that includes Leo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Kurt Russell, and a few others.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

couldcareless posted:

Wasn't there some multi-part Tiny Toons episode with this same name?
Yeah, I watched that as a kid, it was a movie-length episode that they released on VHS

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Was this the one where Plucky and Hamton act out National Lampoon's Vacation? They get all the way to Disney World just to ride the Monorail and go home. :roflolmao:
Yes that was the one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Slasherfan posted:

Someone is about to shoot themself in the head.
I think Michael Douglas has been possessed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Noxville posted:

I think it's been mentioned here how bad the Minority Report Blu-Ray cover is but man I saw it in-store today and it looks even worse in real life.

I don't think Tom Cruise is such poison now that they want to make him look not like Tom Cruise so I don't know what the hell happened here.
It looks like they took one of those non-copyrighted posters they have on the side of the Redbox machines and slapped it on an actual release.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

"AND WHY ARE WE KIDS, SUDDENLY!?!?"

Another separated at birth cover:

This is one of the few I've seen where they're clearly not even trying to avoid it being a ripoff. It's the exact same font and almost the same background.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

That's a bizarre cast.
I think Robert Downey Jr was originally attached to play the Wizard.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The MSJ posted:

International poster for Total Recall. It's probably good they didn't repeat the Deus-Ex-ish teaser design now that Human Revolution is being made into a movie itself.

That future London background is still far too similar to Deus Ex: HR's version of future Shanghai:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jasta posted:

Holy poo poo, Topher Grace! I hadn't heard about him in aged so I figured he died or something.
Nope he didn't die, just his career.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sigourney wishes she still looked like that.

There's also no way those are their actual bodies, it seems like they just pasted the faces on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Every BMX Bandits poster is amazing, holy poo poo.

This looks like the cover to some Intellivision game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Alternative pants posted:

Wasn't that also the first time "Star Trek" was said in any production, movie or tv series?
I believe so.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Twilight series has pretty low budgets, and bargain-bin CGI. It hasn't improved at all since the first one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Why is the Tooth Fairy wearing some peacock costume?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I've been disappointed in the lack of space combat so far in the trailers. I mean they did it perfectly in the opening scene of the last one, but after that we don't see much more of it, which is really too bad considering I like their updated designs of Federation ships.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Is this new Trek movie mostly going to take place on Earth?
Hard to tell. My theory is that the climax will though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You'd think with all the apocalyptic Earth movies being released around the same time, the Star Trek posters would try to differentiate themselves by looking like... I don't know, Star Trek?

The Spock image is somewhat evocative, at least.
I really don't get the marketing campaign for this movie. The previous one made a ton of cash and showed a lot more things on the posters that screamed 'Star Trek'. This time around I've seen a grand total of one poster with even one shot of the Enterprise. It's all very surprising, but it does make me wonder if someone believes this movie is somehow a tough sell? I don't get it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

What ISN'T wrong with that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That somehow manages to be worse than the Chris Kattan movie poster.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

An actual spaceship in a Star Trek: Into Darkness poster? Why I never!
Yeah I have to say that I didn't think that would happen. They've really made all of the posters generic as all hell.

That ship is giving me 'Excelsior' vibes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Yeah, I had to check the dates and size of the Excelsior to see if it might be that. Perhaps Nero's ship ends up spurring on "the Great Experiment" in transwarp early that it produces this...thing.
It would make sense. I figure that ship is probably part of some secret Starfleet black project to have an answer in case another Narada shows up in the heart of the Federation, annihilates a whole fleet, and blows up an entire planet. In a similar vein, Excelsior was probably conceived as an answer to the Cold War between the Federation and Klingons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Meteorman looks like it was originally meant for Eddie Murphy, but he was too good for that sort of thing until the unfortunate Pluto Nash

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Originally it was going to be mega-budget blockbuster about the Lone Ranger hunting werewolves, then John Carter flopped and they rebooted production to make it more grounded. They only just started filming last year, but they somehow managed to release a teaser last summer.
If I also remember correctly, production was shut down at one point because it went over budget.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sheldrake posted:

It has Claire Forlani and Ron Perlman, I think. It's not very good.

Not as bad as City Under Siege, though, because nothing is.
Somehow Christopher Lee was in the Moscow one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CaptainHollywood posted:

Javier Bardem is Nicholas Cage.
Cameron Diaz is doing her best 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' impression

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh I just think its just simply people wanting to make something fun on the internet for their fans (also to make money) and at least To Boldly Flee attempted to end a character that by that point had gotten beyond stale. It failed of course.
I still think Doug underestimated how stopping NC videos was going to affect site traffic. He wanted to do something completely different, but the fans weren't on board with that, surprise surprise.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Strange Matter posted:

Constantine is amazing purely for casting Peter Stormare as Satan, which is the best casting decision in the history of comic book films.
Eh, I don't think it beats RDJ as Stark.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

axleblaze posted:

If you think any comic book movie casting is better than JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson, you are factually wrong.
Yeah that's up there, he just fell into that role.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ozmunkeh posted:

I recently remembered there were plans to make some more Jack Sparrow movies so I asked Google only to find that not only had they already made one but that I had actually seen it. Try as I might all I can remember about it is that Lovejoy played BlackBeard and there was a fight in a wine cellar. Were there mermaids? lol
The first one is a legitimately great movie. Anything in the second that falls flat is instantly redeemed by Geoffrey Rush's entrance and, a few set pieces aside, the third is mostly trash. The intro to the third is a wonderful scene that belongs in a much better movie.
They're already working on a 5th one that is coming out in 2016 I believe

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The whole Venom plot could have been an entire movie...but they half-assed it and threw in the Sandman stuff and the ongoing conflict with Harry from SM2, creating a gigantic mess. Raimi was a little obsessive with the early ASM villains though, from what it sounds like. He was prepared to make the Vulture and his daughter the main villains in the fourth one, which sounded like a really terrible idea. I think there were also rumors of Mysterio?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rirse posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Robert DeNiro looks like Robin Williams in this poster?
Some horrifying Williams/Cranston hybrid

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I was hoping this was Volcano II

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That looks nothing like Arnold from that distance.

also Antonio Banderas looks terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Vegetable posted:

This one's coming out this year.

Good to know Kate Hudson isn't dead, seems like she disappeared for a few years there. Then again she's an awful, awful actress.

Franco seriously needs to make that Pineapple Express sequel he thought up in This Is The End with Seth Rogen.