Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Personally, I love it, though I mourn the passing of the XTREME 90's script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Finally! I've been looking forward to seeing the new Panthers logo on stuff and it looks great; really just a phenomenal redesign. I wonder if/when they're gonna replace it on the stadium, cause that's gonna be a bitch.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Good Will Punting posted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/sheet-drops-on-new-nike-uniforms-at-1100-a-m-et/ - Panthers helmet possible leak?

Damnit, I'm going to have to wait to go to the gym until after 11 and now I'm gonna be stuck with the lunch time crowd. Oh well, I can't wait any longer! :(

I like this, but only if it's an alt. Silver supremacy.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Captain Geech posted:

KEEP POUNDING

I won't hear anything bad about Sam Mills :colbert:

I'm pretty happy with the Panthers stuff. My hope was that they wouldn't change anything other than the logo, and it looks like that's exactly what happened. I do agree that removing the panther from the shoulders would have been ideal -- I think it looks okay on the pants -- but otherwise, I'm pleased with it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Heaf posted:

The biggest shock will be the sticker price, $100 for a "gameday" jersey?

Wait, is that just your basic replica? Jesus.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yeah, you can always pick out the Panthers knock-offs when people go for the blue alts.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

ShimSham posted:

Which shouldn't be alts because lets face it, they're awesome.

I agree! They're my favorite as well, and we only wear them once or twice a year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

oldskool posted:

The NFL only allows you two uses of an alternate jersey per year. Unlimited use on alternate pants for some reason.

Honestly I've never noticed the difference before, but the Cam jersey is Carolina Blue as it matches the UNC color. The Panthers apparently wear some other shade that I don't know the name of, which is where the problem lies with the knockoff manufacturer.

I believe it's technically referred to as "electric blue" (in case you forgot the Panthers were 90s as heck). I'd say it's kind of a cross between Tar Heel blue and Hornets teal, which has probably helped it not look super dated.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

japtor posted:

I was checking out the hats again last night and noticed they had some buzzwords the MLB caps didn't have (afaik):

Anyone have one and can tell whether it feels any different than their other caps?

I have one and it doesn't feel any different to me. Maybe a little more flexible than my MLB caps, but that's about it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Farchanter posted:

I've noticed that, for whatever reason, New Era fluctuates wildly in size. My best-fitting hat is a 7 3/4 Phillies hat, but I also own a size 8 Phillies cap and 7 3/4 IronPigs cap that are really snug on me.

Yeah -- pretty much all my New Era hats are the same size, but some of them fit much better than others. I think they're hand-made, so I guess that accounts for the variation.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Febreeze posted:

That too. The collars ending halfway around looks terrible as poo poo.

Real glad the Panthers somehow avoided that.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I also think the new Dolphins logo is as good an update as it was gonna get, but the old one is such a classic that pretty much anything looks bad in comparison.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I like it; I think the new logo looks pretty good in action. Then again, growing up a Hornets/Panthers fan has predisposed me toward loving anything teal.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Tired of it. There's some amazing things that could be put on a hat instead of some really lazily done effort. I only get pissed about this because I see so many other NFL teams get some awesome throwback/alternate gear, and nothing is done for the Browns ever.

I think the Brownie elf is cool as heck and criminally underused, so yeah, I agree with this.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I would definitely be down with a blue Panthers helmet. Not every week, but as an alt it'd be fun.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

As a fan of none of these teams, I think the Vikings look fantastic, and the Dolphins look pretty great as well. Jacksonville...eh. The helmet gradient is weird, and all-black uniforms have always come off as very high school/amateur to me. (Insert Jaguars joke here, I guess.)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It's really weird because I hate the color orange, but yeah, the Dolphins uniforms are missing it in a major way. The font is terrible and uninspired as well.

Also, the tramp stamp is dumb, but college basketball and football uniforms have been doing that for a few seasons now, so I'm used to it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't understand starter jackets.

:frogout:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

That's not too bad, honestly. I think making the logo a little bigger and more visible was a good idea, though this admittedly took it too far. Apart from that, however, I feel like fans of the current helmet can't complain too much.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The tweaks to the helmet were fine, but wow, that's some arena league poo poo. Thank god Nike hasn't touched our uniforms.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

I know Arizona got in trouble because used a gradient with their numbers last season. Now they use red on blue, but I don't know if that constitutes "contrasting colors"

Under Armour designed some horribly tacky Wounded Warrior uniforms for us a few years ago that had invisible numbers from a distance/on TV, so we had to change out of them before the game started.

Ended up being a good thing, because look at that.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Faltese Malkin posted:

Speaking of USC, I was happy that Under Armour made those changes to their uniforms last year. I think they have one of the better helmets around and and it's nice to see their jersey's finally catching up.

I agree -- I think this is the best uniform we've worn in decades. Our original UA set had excess piping, as well as striping that was just too cluttered and modern. We've simplified our jerseys a great deal, so now they're clean and match the traditional look of the helmet.

My only gripe is that we don't currently have a black uniform, which is a glaring oversight since it's actually a school color and not some novelty gimmick for us. However, Spurrier hates them, so I don't think we'll see them return any time in the near future.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Can't help it, I love the old school drop shadow on the numbers. Considering it's the Browns, I'd say these are pretty good.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

nerve posted:

i cant think of a black and red uniform that isnt awful

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Get a red helmet already.

We used to wear one full-time and it's a fan favorite (even says COCKS on the front!), but Spurrier apparently hates the very idea of a non-white helmet. :smith:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They aren't bad per se imo, just immensely boring. Like why doesn't it have some cool gold shadow poo poo on the numbers or stripes on the pants or something.

Yeah, gold accents of any kind (drop shadow, striping, etc.) would elevate these from terrible/boring to at least alright. As is, it's like a really bad ripoff of the Bears throwbacks.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 30, 2015

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So Louisville revealed the uniforms they'll be wearing in their season opener against Auburn.

Typical loud Adidas insanity, but I think I unironically love the radioactive devil cardinal. It's just so drat ridiculous I can't help but appreciate them putting it out there.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Speaking of anchors, Vandy's new helmets are awesome.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Eh. The worst part, by far, is the wordmark on the legs. That might have looked okay on mockups, but it's awful on a moving human being. Remove that alone and the uniform improves quite a bit.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

The Panthers just revealed their Color Rush, which is pretty conservative since the pants are the only new element of the uniform:

I think these are among the best of the bunch so far, probably because it's not some insane departure from what the team already wears. I really love our blue and wish we wore/incorporated it more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Panthers need a new helmet, the speckled grey/silver is kind of 90s. I don't really know how you'd improve it though. Maybe Nike will come up with something not terrible. Even then I doubt Jerry Richardson would go for it.

I don't mind it, but it doesn't really match anything besides the whites. It sticks out too much with the all-blacks and it looks a little off with the color rush set as well. Too bad the NFL has stupid rules regarding alternate helmets.

• Locked thread