Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Alouicious posted:

i will stab this mentality out of your brain

Bears, Steelers and Raiders actually do look really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SA2K posted:

What are the best uniforms in each team's history

Millen-era black alternates obviously

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

i cant think of a black and red uniform that isnt awful

NIU? Arkansas State?

It's such a common color combination but somehow almost everybody fails to execute it well.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

The Lions' uniforms are still trash and they should go back to the Barry uniform at once.

Our unis are fine. :shrug: It's not like there's that huge of a difference between the ones now and everything else since the team added a logo to the helmet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The old Browns unis were also ugly, just less garishly so.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

this should basically be a banable offense

hmmmm yes we should definitely combine the color of poop with a color that almost nobody can pull off, with the design of a generic high school team. Best unis in the NFL for sure.

Maybe your Bowling Green pride is stronger than I thought.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember people here thinking the new Browns stuff looked good
Citation needed

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Shameful, TFF.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Some gems in this NBA/NFL jersey mash up-

http://imgur.com/gallery/HRygD

This is the kind of poo poo I think of every few months when I'm trying to wind my brain down as I go to sleep. Cool stuff.

lol at the Cavs one

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if the bills dont play with red helmets im gonna fuckin lose it

The NFL banned alternate helmets

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Supposedly, helmets have to be broken in to be more effective as a safety measure. I'd love to see a study of all the college teams that trot out alternate helmets constantly to see if they have more head injuries than the ones who don't.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Matching jersey/pants with a different-colored helmet always looks like a giant onesie to me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Surely if anyone should get chrome for automotive heritage, it's the Lions.

That's what the Pistons are doing this season for alternates and it makes them look like Default Team

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yeah, I've already got a home Woodson jersey.

But I'm probably gonna get a Jackson one too.

Is Seabass the only kicker in the league worth buying a jersey of? Cuz who doesn't love The Big Polish Leg.

He's retired now but at Lions games Jason Hanson jerseys are second only to Barry Sanders.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hockles posted:

Sort of. Jim Brown jerseys.

Jim Brown is more equivalent to Barry ones, but even sadder because of how long ago he played.

I've seen my share of Phil Dawson jerseys though. I even saw a Dave Zastudil one once.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kevyn posted:

Like someone once thought this would be a good logo for a professional team

That logo was fine. It's the uniform that was bad.

Also the Buffaslug was 2000s. The Sabres looked like this in the 90s:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If the 90s had a color that color was teal

Look it was a weird time, ok? A man scatting over Eurodance beats was an international star.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My favorite simple, classic uniform is the Bears'. I just really love that blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This country's military fetishization is horrible. However, every Army-Navy special uniform kicks rear end.

• Locked thread