Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So are the Seahawks apparently the only dudes with drastic changes since Nike is right next door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Colts kept the shoulder stripes, I'm happy.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Schwack posted:

The Seahawks are in a movie? Why ???????????
It's these dudes:

Equipment by Schutt for some reason.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Colts fan here, I don't want to drop a bunch of cash on a new jersey until I get a better idea of our team this year, and wearing my ol' Peyton authentic just feels wrong. If I just wanted to pick up a Reggie Wayne or Pat Angerer knockoff, would my best bet be shootjerseys or whatjersey? Or just Google shop? Consumer report sites seem to heavily frown upon shootjerseys and those Panthers jerseys a few pages back look kinda shoddy but I figured I'd ask.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That kid looks so loving forlorn.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I picked up a Reggie Wayne and BJ Raji from whatjersey and it send me a confirmation email without asking for an address or credit card info. Is this normal? Also can I pay just one shipping cost for both?

edit: I've never seen the flywire look that bad on the Colts uniforms, jesus christ

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

are those things we'll see on television or fanart from a guy who just learned about lens flare

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SteelAngel2000 posted:

100 dollars for gloves :stare:
I picked up a pair of the (old) official NFL gloves from the local Reebok outlet on Sunday. Ten bucks.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My gear from whatjersey finally got here and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Authentic Reebok Clay Matthews on the left, new B.J. Raji on the right. The only major thing is that the sleeve stripes are fabric instead of screen-printed (which is apparently a common thing for Packers knockoffs) but for 35 bucks I don't think my buddy is going to complain too much.

My new Reggie Wayne, with a replica Reebok Peyton on the right for comparison. I wear a medium so I got a 44 (which is listed as "small" on the site), and it's a tad bulky.

My friend's Andy Dalton came out probably the best of the three. It looks beautiful. The swoosh is even stitched way better than on the Wayne and Raji jerseys. Gonna bust these out for tonight's game, I'm pretty pumped.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Like I wrote above, I got a M (44) from whatjersey and it's on the big side. If I did it again I'd have gotten a S. The tag says 44 G (grande/large, I'm assuming), so I think the sizes just aren't translated well onto their site. Also because there is nobody who thinks a 44 is a medium.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Please let them play the Eagles/GreenMan hybrid high school team from earlier in the thread.

edit: oh they actually mention that in the article

Hazo fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 1, 2012

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

forkbucket posted:

Alright, so I've done "whatjersey.com" and frankly they were very very very very below par... What, if any site(s) would goons recommend for ordering a jersey (that will get here within the next few weeks)?

Do I just suck it up and order the smallest size on Whatsjersey.com or do I find another place?!
What did you get/what was wrong with them?

Rap posted:

id probably use fuckershirts.net
Is being a jerk when someone asks about knockoff jersey sites supposed to be like your gimmick or something?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I actually don't hate the new logo but the old one was still the best ever.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ehud posted:

here have a mock uniform based on what we know so far

helmet

From the description I thought the Away jerseys on the left would have way too much aqua, but having the orange undershirt and the shoes really balance it out. The Home uniform looks pretty meh.

Also I'm really surprised they went with white facemasks. I thought pretty much nobody but KC did that anymore because of the glare issues, especially in a place like Miami.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Aniki posted:

More clues about the Vikings uniforms became available today. It looks like the jersey will be a darker purple. Supposedly the pantone color didn't change, but the jersey material is a flat purple instead of the shiny purple on their previous uniforms. The collar appears to only be purple, so the awful two tone Nike collar is gone and there is a darker yellow/gold scripted Vikings wordmark below the collar. I haven't found anywhere where the 6th clue has been posted yet, but so far the redesign is looking very good. I think the helmets may end up being a flat/matte purple, which would match the uniforms. I'm kind of over the flat/matte craze, but it could be a good way to achieve a darker looking purple.
I'm confused, I thought the "shininess" was pretty much eliminated with the new Nike materials, and I don't think Minnesota was one of the teams that kept their old designs.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Has anyone actually gone back and looked at the amount of holding calls this season and compared them to previous years, since that was ostensibly the point of the NIKETM FLYWIRE TM stuff

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Mitchell & Ness makes the best ugly hats.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

RumbleFish posted:

I would definitely be down with a blue Panthers helmet. Not every week, but as an alt it'd be fun.
That's pretty much the only thing I didn't like about those mock-ups, but yeah if it was an alt sort of thing I could get on board. Having trouble thinking of teams that actually include off-color helmets in their alts, though (not counting throwbacks and stuff).

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Font looks unique in a cool way. I need to see more of the helmet before I decide whether or not I hate the fade.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Love the way the new Phins logo is laid out on the helmet. If I didn't know what it was replacing I'd say it looks amazing.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Febreeze posted:

I feel like the awful color blend makes the Jaguar decal stand out really uncomfortably instead of blending into the helmet.
No see it's "emerging from the shadows" like a jaguar on the hunt

never mind that the jaguar on the helmet is going into the shadows so

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dan is so loving cool

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

After seeing it in motion I'm mostly sold on the new logo. But I agree that more orange would be great, and, as Toussaint tacitly pointed out, the front name is horrible and needs to go back to the old cursive font.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah, stroke it with white instead of yellow and it looks fantastic.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Of the batch my friends and I ordered last year, I thought the Dalton jersey came out the best. In your opinion, how close did they get? I don't follow the Bengals closely enough to be able to tell.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Eifert Posting posted:

That's actually close to perfect. Where did you get it?

You see that stripe closest to the numbers on the shoulders? That's the part counterfeiters always seem to forget.
We placed our order with Whatjersey. The only mistake they made was with the shoulder fabric with my friend's Packers jersey, but the rest of ours came out great, the Bengals being the best.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Those aren't even the right Dolphins logos, would not buy

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Anybody know what the difference is between jerseys listed twice on Whatjersey?

http://www.whatjersey.com/index.php?ProductID=Product-120513074696462

http://www.whatjersey.com/index.php?ProductID=Product-120713030397312

Sometimes I wish the Colts had a bit more "jersey history" so I could get some kind of sweet throwback or something but I'll just chalk it up to getting it right the first time. (Still think a small horseshoe on the chest like in the Reebok replicas would be cool though.)

Hazo fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 23, 2013

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That Navy uniform is loving sick

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

DJExile posted:

Ehud posted:

Orange is the best.
:hfive:
Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what the Browns come up with for their new uniforms next year.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I love the double standard at work for judging quality of NFL and AFL uniforms.

No, really, I'm not being sarcastic. I love it. Those Kiss uniforms loving own.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

oldskool posted:

I love the orange helmet:

More teams need orange. I say that as a fan of a team who's colors are the literal opposite of orange.

oldskool posted:

I'd even take a bit more of a gradient instead of a seam midway down.
Agreed. When the first images came out it sort of looked like a more gradual gradient, and I thought it looked kind of cool. Then when non-photo-studio shots were released it turned out that yeah, the abrupt gradient looks awful.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

shiksa posted:

has anyone ever heard of this site? The selection's pretty enormous, they have custom jerseys, and offer *~*free shipping*~*. Just wondering if anyone's ever ordered off of it, if anything ever came, you had a black SUV full of men in black suits shake you down a couple days later, etc.
Poor Collie's been hit so many times he's having an identity crisis

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Anals of History posted:

Got it. Glad they're providing real benefit.
Aside from making dumb Duck Dynasty commercials and trying to buy Kevin Durant, Under Armour pours an extraordinary amount of money into actual research and development for athletic wear. Half of Nike's poo poo (dryfit, etc.) is just a ripoff of UA materials and designs.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Everyone I've talked to today, regardless of how much they care about football, thinks the Navy uniforms were totally loving sick. UA nailed this one.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I ordered a Luck from whatjersey back in December and it just got here in June :downs:. I got a Reggie Wayne from there a year or two ago and it didn't take nearly that long. Not only that, but this time they only sent two out of the three we ordered and stitching on Luck is horrendous, but it's actually more accurate to the on-field jersey than Wayne's. I'll see if I can get some comparison pics up tonight. Earlier in the thread someone also suggested oknfl but the group I was with voted for whatjersey instead so I can't comment on that.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Weren't the Packers one of the teams who opted out of the Nike Flywire and other "enhancements"?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

So the AFC South might have three teams with white helmets and blue logos, and then the Jaguars gradient.

Aniki posted:

Are there any NFL teams that are changing their uniforms and/or logos this year?
Browns I thought

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

EVGA Longoria posted:

Also, please bring back the GIANTS on the helmet. I will never not love GIANTS. It's what I grew up with.
:agreed: I thought I was the only one and I'm curious what Febreeze thinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Alouicious posted:

that'd be super underwhelming for the Panthers
Colts only changes would be white facemask and wraparound shoulder bars. I guess they could make it exciting by playing at M&T Bank but I'm pretty sure everyone would die.

• Locked thread