Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Run 3 days a week
Lift 3 days a week

Eat fuckin protein
Don't fuckin drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't doing a lot of deadlifts at high weights generally ungood for you, anyway?

Also if you're too fat to pass a PFT you're too fat to drink :colbert: But I guess I can amend that to say "Don't fuckin drink all the time"

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I tried some of that L-arginine/NO-precursor stuff today before my workout and I did not like it, no sir I did not, loving creepy tingly feeling all over all the time, poo poo was weird and uncomfortable.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Well, vitamin E is also usually a liquid so it's gonna look a lot like fish oil.

I do a multivitamin, fish oil, postworkout protein, and I'll down a preworkout if I'm not feeling very energetic at 5am on a lifting day, which is usually every time. It's mostly just caffeine anyway.

E: oh yeah fish oil has a bunch of omega-3 fatty acids in it and they are precursors to/tenuously linked to stuff that's beneficial in a lot of ways, the wikipedia article goes waaay into detail if you're curious.

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 12, 2012

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

psydude posted:

You just need to party so hard one night that the resulting hangover slingshots you into a period of sobriety.

I do this about once a month.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I replaced most of my copious late-night drinking with sleep. Yeah it's super old-man-ish but drat if I don't feel a whole lot better all the time.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Guys I have to go run today, today is a run day.

I loving hate running, I hate it so much, I wish I could just not have to run and magically be good at it.

:(

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Well it's for exercise mostly, but I do want to get better/faster at my 3-mile PFT time, 24-ish is pretty "meh" especially for soon-to-be O's.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Welp just did 2x1 mile sprints in 6:20 and 6:58 sooooo hey I guess it went okay.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Cardio gets you laid again after you can go for more than 30 seconds at a time.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
The awesome transformations thread in W&W is really pretty loving cool, you should look at it. Fat people getting unfat, skinny dudes getting ripped, it kinda owns.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Any gym with a "no deadlifting" sign is not a gym I want to go to :colbert:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

TheUnhorse posted:

working on them literally every single day.

You already knew the answer!

HIIT and sprints will help you get your run time down.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I get into this cycle where I feel crappy because I don't work out, so then I don't work out because I feel crappy, and then I spiral into depression.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I loving haaaaaaate running during winter so I think I'm going to start doing the HIIT thing on run days. If I can get away with only running and hating it for 15-20 minutes a day instead of 30-60 minutes, I'm all for it.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Kaliber posted:

No, I changed my diet and not taking in enough fiber I guess so it came back when I took a massive poo poo. I go light when I do squats. Naturally have thunder thighs, can't be getting them any bigger or I'll never be able to fit into jeans again.

Yeah, I have this problem, it fuckin' sucks.

e: thighs, not rear end in a top hat

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
If you're the dude doing crossfit workouts in a regular gym then I automatically hate you.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Ran a 290 PFT today. First time hitting 20 pullups, first time running sub-20 minutes on the run. Feels pretty fuckin' great.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
50 minutes per 3 miles with a 10 minute break each hour, longest hike's 12 miles, 60-70ish lbs ruck. You should be fine. You been on hills or flat ground? Because Quantico is hilly.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
That's just the MUSCLE CONFUSION brah, it looks like crazy spastic flailings to the untrained eye.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

nuncle jimbo posted:

Alright, good to hear. It's fairly hilly around my house, and I make sure to hit the biggest hill around here (something like a 30ish incline for 500m) 3 times in the 4 mile loop. I use my framed hiking pack, is that close enough for the gear I'd get?

They were using the ILBE when I was there, but they may have gotten the new pack system; guys I know at TBS are using it now. I wouldn't worry about whether or not your pack is exactly the same. The biggest difference is that you'll have your rifle on one shoulder so you won't get to use that arm for anything else, but honestly if you're doing as much rucking as it sounds like, you'll probably be just fine (at least on the hikes).

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Buddy of mine took a bunch of Hydroxycut before a PFT (this was back in like 2003) and was super stoked that he got a couple extra pullups. Said he felt awesome and took off on the run...then I passed him at about the 1.5 mile mark and laughed as he puked his guts out.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I read somewhere (bro science heh) that small amounts of caffeine can increase aerobic exercise capacity, but we're talking like 25-50mg, not the 300+mg that you'll find in a typical dose of preworkout.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Benched my body weight for the first time ever today :toot:

(shut up bench has always been my weakest lift)

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

smertrioslol posted:

I remember when I used to like running. What the gently caress was wrong with me? It's finally summer out up here and I still can't get motivated to run. I just wanna lift weights faster or something I don't know.

Running to get faster is never really enjoyable for me; that's work. Running to go further at a slow pace is something I really like, though; I just go to my happy place and enjoy the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

smertrioslol posted:

It is like a cult of stupidity and ignorance.

Explains why so many mil dudes love it!