Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

What mindphlux said, Wales is gorgeous and much less touristy (that said we got great weather there.) I'd also be letting down the family if I didn't mention Cornwall, my time there was some of my favorite hanging out of my entire Europe trip.

I figured Glasgow was a family thing but don't go to Scotland without going to Edinburgh. As for London if you're there for just a week I'd stay somewhere central, spring for an oystercard and not worry about things. Being able to bounce all over zone 1 without worrying about fares and whatnot was great. We stayed right by the Earl's Court tube station and it was pretty painless going anywhere in the city proper, most of the time we walked out then tubed around once we were tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Congrats internet friend, that's amazing.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

mediaphage posted:

No those are hookerounds!

(hookeround...hookeround...hookeround)

Hook-hook-hookeround.... I HOOKERRRROUND!

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

re:wiki: For those who asked why I went on a deleting spree someone asked for me to delete his recipes from the wiki. Not another spam attack or anything.

Toast fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 27, 2012

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Squashy Nipples posted:

If you can find the places in Florida where New Yorkers spend the winter, you can find some good Jewish delis.

So, basically Florida then...

But yeah, same as above but with decent Italian. Everything else... really hit or miss.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

While Satchmo sings 'Wonderful World' over top...

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

mich posted:

It's a silly thread, whatever. It neither excites me or offends my sensibilities.

Nor mine, I don't understand how we're all elitist food nazis for not thinking it's the second coming of jesus though.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

I told myself I was done commenting on this but come on man.

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Basically, if you hate on chickencheese, you don't cook enough to want to cook easy when you go home.

Wow, this is just a braindead comment. As if there was some correlation there in relationship to this topic...

I've got nothing against easy/dumb food, I make it all the time. However I don't feel the need to post in depth recipes for simple nonsense I put together when hungry and not feeling like an effort meal.

And seriously man? "As a professional" ???? Turn down the self-importance a notch, you're a food professional, not the space pope.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Since it's been discussed in the other thread, are we going to get GWSSS started? The earlier I get my santee the more likely it is that I can head across the border and ship from the states for timely delivery if he/she is american.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

An observer posted:

Hahahaha, that's perfect. I can try to write up an effortpost for my country, but I've never made an effortpost before -- is there a good example of one on GWS someone could link me to?

http://tinyurl.com/cdv2faq

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Seconding soup, I had all mine done at once and it was terrible for about a day. Fooding returned to a careful normal pretty quick though.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'd love to get an extruder. I have a standalone electric pasta roller, but extruded pasta would be awesome.

For years I have wanted a ravioli maker, I have no idea why the idea just calls to me.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Vegetable Melange posted:

But ravioli is simple: make pasta dough. Portion fillings. Fold over/lay on another sheet, cut. I wanna make some tortolini in this bitch.

I know, as I said I have no idea why

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Plenty of the cheaper slicers work perfectly fine unless you're somehow using it every day.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Soup's on!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3517430

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GrAviTy84 posted:

you risk a bag blow out.

That's what happened to me that time I had to eat at Taco Bell.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

just keep scrolling posted:

If you no longer have a fever doesn't that mean it's done being contagious?

Up to 7 days after symptoms appear I believe.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Happy Thanksgiving American folks, may your food comas be satisfying.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

bartolimu posted:

"Well, I can't sell it, I can't eat all three kilos myself no matter how hard I try, and I know you'll appreciate it, so here." She gave me about a kilo of it.

So jealous, wish I even had a decent local cheese place. Only dedicated place is really douchey and overpriced.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Yawgmoth posted:

Mostly because canadians pay their service people something approaching fair to begin with, whereas in the states it's $fuckyou/hour.

Pretty much, afaik very few places in Canada allows service staff to be paid any less than the standard min wage (and most of my waiter/waitress friends make at least a buck or two over it here, (to way over it for fancier places)) Even in cases where it's a two tier like Alberta I think the difference for tip earners is less than a buck (last I heard it was 9.75 in Alberta and 9.05 for people who serve booze?) and that's in our biggest "gently caress you poor people" province.

Also, wtf... tipping chat again?

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Clavietika posted:

For Winnipeg Goons, Livingsocial has an Arkadash coupon right now for $40 for $80 to spend on food. You can also use the coupon on a Wednesday when they do the fixed price menu for half price. :aaaaa: I'm too poor to afford it right now but I have my fingers crossed I get it for Christmas!

e: I went there once on a Wednesday for the fixed price menu and the theme was chestnuts. It was ridiculously good, apart from the serving of soup being disproportionately huge compared to the rest of the menu (Not including the gargantuan slice of cheesecake they served for dessert) and I ended up filling up on it and being unable to finish my entree or dessert, despite reeeally wanting to eat dat cheesecake. Shoulda got the salad. :smith: But I guess it's not the worst problem to have, I got to snack on delicious chestnut goat korma after we got home.

Seriously? Ugh... shouldn't spend that cash either but yum.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

therattle posted:

I'm sure she had fascinating facts and opinions about vaccinations.

I had a first date with a girl a while back and the topic of vaccinations came up. Long story short apparently because she never had most of her vaccinations the fact that she's never died means it's all a scam to make money and purposely give children autism disorders. I started to try to counterpoint but then I just asked for the cheque.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

I never got smallpox or polio even though I never got vaccinated, that's proof that vaccinations are a scam

Essentially her argument yeah, oh and also: "I won't vaccinate my kids for ANYTHING"

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

The Canadian one is so much better. The host knows his food but isn't a pro chef so he doesn't interject with stupid "I'm so clever" comments every five seconds and doesn't really mug at the camera much other than the odd corny joke. It's also a wider variety of establishment most of the time though the focus definitely is on the same sort of local neat place.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

No Wave posted:

Egg yolk is as close to flavorless as a food gets.

This is wrong, you are a broken shell of a human being.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Condolences to you :(

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Casu Marzu posted:

Nah, some idiot has been crapping things up lately talking about how s/he absorbs cheffy knowledge by proxy.

Lame

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Yes, I too miss the days when this forum was active with great cooks and sillyserious competitions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

I don't have 7 hours to kill browsing the forums at work these days so I generally just lurk occasionally but just wanted to say thanks for all the fun if things do go down the tubes.