Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Ate the pizza, walking around the sun all day, still alive, bowls feel slightly troubled, might be the 30 ounces of coffee, might be the cigar.

If I poo poo my pants, you guys with first to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I didn't poo poo my pants!

Neither did the dog, whom I gave a very generous crust too.

Also, I started using Waze and it rules for finding random little bbq joints. Just set it to "avoid highways" and eat your way to where-ever you are going!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Dude is an 7 year old bloodhound, they live to like 8-10 years. Little bro eats a bit of whatever makes him happy in the moment. Next year he gets a quarter beer at meal times and if he makes it to 10 he gets an entire cheesesteak whenever we order delivery.

Also, on to food safety. Let's say I put a ton of cream in my coffee. Now, the coffee is hot as hell, so does that like cook the cream? If I leave said coffee in the car for like 3-6 hours, it's still cool to drink, right?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
When are we going to get some GMO weed up in here? I want buds that grow with a cornhusk paper already around them.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
What was that jerky company goons were all nuts about maybe 3-4 years ago? It was some internet place that sold jerky that had a lot of fat in it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

poo poo. That is what I thought it was, so I ordered some. It it bullshit, dry, dull flavors, and too salty. I had hopped I had misremembered.

Anyone got a different online jerky place they like?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

mich posted:

http://vuakhobo.us/

I'm not sure how well their online ordering process works, I asked about it when I was shopping there in person and they said I should call instead. So it's not super convenient to order but it is really good.

That is some weird looking jerky and I am mistrustful as that stuff looks dry as hell.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Croatoan posted:

Dude i don't know what you're looking for as in dryness. I love Big John's and you thought it was dry however I've had a bag get moldy after 2 weeks in an office drawer because moisture so he tries to keep it as low as he can without making it last only a few days.

I think I just want more fat maybe? My gf has started buying jerky from whole foods and while it is expensive as poo poo, it is really excellent and I am going through a jerky renaissance and wanted to buy some in bulk to portion out and freeze.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Ok I will try your weird jerky that is hopefully not like "pork floss" which was pretty awful the times I tried it.

Recommend me a specific one though, the site doesn't list ingredients and idk what there version of "original" is.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

mich posted:

Pork floss is not jerky, it's to eat over rice or congee. This store does carry various flosses, but there are jerkies too.

http://vuakhobo.us/category.php?cPath=21

Try these (caveat, I go through and sample a bunch whenever I visit Southern California and buy them, so I can never remember exactly which ones are my favorites but I think these are some of the ones I like best):

1004.辣果汁牛肉乾Spicy Fruit Flavored Beef Jerky Kh?B?Ướp Nước Tr Cl Cay
This one is a bit spicy and a little fruity/sweet. Pretty sticky on the surface. But it's one of the softer/chewier ones which I like.

1001.辣牛肉乾Hot Beef Jerky Kh?B?Cay
Less sweet than above, a bit less soft though. The 1002 right after it is the non spicy variation.

1034.檸檬草牛肉乾 Lemon Grass Beef Jerky kH B Ướp Sả
This one has lemongrass. Good for Vietnamese papaya salad.

Thanks!

But, it looks like the site doesn't seem to be secure, so I don't want to give them my CC info, is their stuff sold through other vendors?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

HELLO I AM AN AMERICAN GOON ON THE INTERNET SHOPPING FOR VIETNAMESE BAK KWA FROM SINGAPORT BUT I AM AFRAID OF CHINESE HACKERS AND YOUR SITE DOES NOT HAVE THE 'VERIFIED BY VISA' LOGO ON IT SO I CANNOT BE SURE IT IS SECURE AND AM UNABLE TO TRUST YOU WITH THE DETAILS NEEDED FOR MY $25 PORK FLAWS TRANSACTION WOULD YOU PLEASE INFORM ME : DOES ANYONE OTHER THAN YOU SELL YOUR PRODUCT SINCE YOU CAN NOT BE TRUSTED?

More or less my line of thinking. I travel for work and get cc fraud done to me often enough as it is, no jerky is worth resetting all my auto-bill pay stuff.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
No idea, didn't even know that was a thing. I will look into it, thanks!

I really should just make some jerky, but I suspect our hound will loose his mind if the house smells like meat for days.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Our guy is a purebred bloodhound, I have seen him wake up from a full "snoring snorting leg kicking" sleep in response to me opening a bag of prosciutto in the same room.

Oddly enough he sleeps through normal deli meats.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

pr0k posted:

dying from a nightmare TB scenario.

This seems to be the most likely human race endgame at this point, there isn't really any good way to stop worldwide antibiotic misuse, might as well enjoy poo poo while we can.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
What did I miss?

Also, going to be in New Orleans for a week or so. I'm staying by Canal and Bourbon streets and should have most evenings free. What should I eat and drink? For once I have coworkers with me and they are pretty open if unadventurous without prodding. My goal is to eat a gallon of gumbo at a minimum and maybe get drunk and vomit on the street at least once.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Thanks! I am so excited not to be on the road alone anymore! I haven't been excited about a gig in forever.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I like frog legs but don't find the idea of whole frogs appealing. Mainly because we have this mounted frog skeleton kicknack and them little fuckers are boney as poo poo.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Good fried chicken beats any other chicken and worrying about aerosolized droplets of chicken juice seems insane, as I imagine most people do not wash their hands to anything resembling the proper time and method after handling said chicken.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I wish I could use a frier but my gf is a ~~~*traditionalist*~~~ and I am not even allowed to spatchcock the poor bird.

I might do it anyway, get all hopped up on rum and bust of the back room yelling and waving a machete.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I tip the lady that checks my receipt at Costco

Nice loving callback.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Croatoan posted:

I do the exact same thing with boiled peanuts. Works like a charm. the weight of the others helps them flatten out and after they freeze you can stack them like books in there.

Even the idea of boiled peanuts in general is so loving puzzling to me that I can't even get my head wrapped around someone liking them enough to freeze them and then presumably re-boil them at a later point when they have a hankering for the gross little things.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I have found my taste for bacon to been waning over the last few years. I am getting old and all, but it has started to just taste overwhelmingly salty most of the time.

I will still eat pretzels till my gums bleed, so idk what the bacon issue is.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Thinking more on it, is "nitrate free" bacon loaded up with more salt? I have never looked into the process but they have to get the stuff cured somehow.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Hahah holy poo poo I just got so full of smugness I might have to cut my boots off.

That is loving amazing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you seem pretty upset about a thing being on top of another thing

lol, that isn't "pretty upset". For that let's talk about what chili is or the exact definition of "a club sandwich".

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Rurutia posted:

No. I took a pasta making course in Italy and there's an entire subset of pasta they do that's eggless.

Sadly I only know of this from Achewood.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I disagree, drinking skim milk is gross and lame as gently caress in any circumstances.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
That's kinda dumb to get fussy about as couldn't you say that pretty much anything could be addictive if your brain is wired that way? I compulsively buy fishing tackle when I'm stressed out at work, I don't think any reasonable person would say "rubber worms are addictive ".

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Until I see evidence that someone has sucked dick for a bowl of Sugar Smacks, I'm not going to believe that sugar is addictive above and beyond the ability for any pleasurable thing to become "addictive".

I had a pretty lovely day yesterday, and now three bags of Strike King brand double tailed Menace Grubs are on their way to my house. Upon clicking "Submit Order" I immediately felt a wave of relief wash over me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
You guys ever bought fishing lures?

Have you ever bought fishing lures..........on weed?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

In this scenario, am I on weed or are the fishing lures?

Both baby, both.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Assuming any of those scenarios ended in an orgy, which itself ended in a traditional brunch buffet, I would totally be on board for the whole thing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
We keep talking about doing a CSA, but both our work schedules are so weird that we would end up wasting a ton of it. Even as it is now, a lot of overly ambitious shopping leads to our neighbors goats eating like kings on all the fruit and veg that we end up wasting.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yep, while burger is a classic place for a runny egg, we have to face the facts: it's 2017, and the "lets put a runny egg on loving everything" fad is finally losing steam.

No way, runny egg has always been great and will always be great.