Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I can't find anything particularly New Englandy about the Sierra Nevada Hazy IPA but it's fine as a beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BeerReviewBot/status/949796523281387520

this rules

nah
Mar 16, 2009

deadwing posted:

They're sincerely not that bad if you understand that you're going to get exactly what the label promises, it's like drinking sweetened, syrupy peanut butter and jelly, for better or worse

Sounds great

I'm not at all stunned by that Garagiste guy's behavior. He's always been a part of "that" group of beer geeks, long before I knew he made mead. His whole business is reliant on that sort of behavior. He's selling hype first and foremost. He's the Wakefield of the mead world

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Fellas I found the best brewery name and branding, no need to keep looking

https://sudsmonkeybrew.com

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Who is going to cycle ba day tomorrow

I'll be working it. Pouring beers and other stuff probably. Say hello

nah
Mar 16, 2009

What happened at CCB

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

My friend has reported back that Festival Only is a terrible dogshit beer. God bless, amen.

It's fine

Will I see you today?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i drank a bunch of beer at Hunahpu's Day. don't really remember any that stood out. they all just taste like loving beer at this point. the only beer i got twice was the Mexican lager from Hercules. i tried the BA imperial german chocolate cake from angry chair and it was horrific. i think that was the only stout i had

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Bourbon Barrel aged Blueberry Smores imperial stout

nah
Mar 16, 2009

this thread is finally good

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Brewing isn't rocket science, just look at how the Rare Barrel got their sour program up and running - 3 "base" sours malt bills, then add whatever fruit you want. Speciation, an up-and-coming sour brewery in Michigan, does the exact same thing.

Granted, if you're a poo poo brewer, your base will suck, but it's really not that hard for these breweries to brew one giant batch of a base beer and make adjunct changes to them after the fact.

The possibilities are endless.

Cycle has one stout recipe for every barrel aged stout

nah
Mar 16, 2009

in summation about the beer names, brewers are really loving stupid

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

You really don't need to reiterate how much better things would have been if she'd won.

all beers under the Hillary Regime would have to be poured like this

a reality only libtards would want

nah
Mar 16, 2009

my beer selection process at stores goes like this

1. find local hoppy beer
2. check date. if less than a month old, buy it
3. if too old, find sierra nevada
4. check date. if less than three months old, buy it
5. if too old, just buy coors banquet

nah
Mar 16, 2009

goons and neckbearded types really don't get how kids work. they also don't get how parenting works. a parent that brings their kid to a brewery or beerfest generally does so because their kids are well-behaved in those situations. and the vast majority of the time they are. there's an occasional lovely kid at a brewery/beerfest but there's plenty more lovely adults.

i've also seen a million more bored girlfriends looking at their phones at these events compared to bored toddlers. talk about abuse

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the main problem with a Tired Hands club is you wind up getting a bunch of Tired Hands beers

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Now I'm drinking garbage syrup at AC and anyone who drinks this poo poo is a loving degen with no palate imo.

he said before waiting 10 hours in line for a terrible Wakefield beer

nah
Mar 16, 2009

lager good, ale bad

nah
Mar 16, 2009

every one of those beers will taste bad

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i posted in the beer trading thread but no bites, anyway im looking to acquire like a case of New Glarus beer so hit me up if you want to send me that for some Tampa beers

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Untappd is actually a pretty decent resource for normal beers. you see some 6-pack at the store you've never heard of it, seeing if it's a 3.1 vs 3.8 should give you a good idea on what its worth. there's no website that is going to give you a good idea on quality for a whale beer though, don't even bother

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It seems that good breweries make good pumpkin beers and bad breweries make bad ones. Of course, some good breweries also make bad pumpkin beers.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Reminder that literally every smoked beer is garbage and if you disagree you're garbage

"B-b-but the Schlenkerla Helles-"

No bitch. No. Trash beer

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

People all have different tastes and like what they like. I detest smoked beers but I won't make fun of people for it or scoff when someone orders one at a bar.

If someone orders a smoke beer near me I grab my gun and shoot their head off

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Beer Thread 3: all the curdled milk bits will definitely be safe to drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The brewery i work for now does pretty much nothing but IPAs and lagers with some fruited sours or two to mix things up when needed. Just did our big first anniversary releases a couple weeks ago, which included our first BA bottles and they’ve all been received well. It’s cool