Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
That's a fine lookin' OP.

Can someone confirm for me that the small Revoltech joints, the ones used for wrists, are 6mm? Might be ordering some to replace the wrist on my Alucard. Only problem is they don't seem to sell packets of the white ones that I need for some reason. Alternatively I could get Ed Elrick and take the spare white wrist from him by using his Automail arm.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Honest Ray posted:

At this point wouldn't it just be easier to paint a different one white?

Also, just wanting to say I love the new OP. You did a really nice job on it.

I meant I might get Ed anyway. The smallest ones are 6mm then?

I don't know how well paint will take to the plastic, nor if it won't gum up the joint.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Popehoist posted:

Are you still interested in trading me your spare revoltech alucard?

Going to have to pass, can ready do with some extra cash.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Mecha Gojira posted:

That's because the Ver. Ka has a different glow than the animation version. They only sold the Ver. Ka as an online exclusive.

Here's a link to what it looks like in comparison with the regular kit.

poo poo, what will it take to get an OVA version with the green frame? I like the OVA weapons but that just looks so much nicer against the armour.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Bimmi posted:

Does anyone recognize these renders? Are they from some videogame or did did we just get a preview of Real Grade CCA?

I can't answer, but I hope so! Sazabi matching that would be fantastic.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Bimmi posted:

Why should they? There's obviously a market for them.

edit: can't say I was expecting either of these:

Word is that HGUC Byarlant Custam and Hamburai are coming this year too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Zedd posted:

SEED HD airing in japan made it logical for them to pick the justice.
Seeing how the regular justice hasn't got a MG yet and the 1/100 looks like poo poo I think the RG is pretty cool if you like the suit.
It beats another strike freedom (though that one is coming sometime for sure).

Infinite Justice as well, they probably would have done Aegis if the frame didn't make the transformation inpractical.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Just sprayed the frames of my HGUC Gouf Custom, going to do it in the White Rose colours from the Gihren Assassination manga (that mangaka really likes doing Zeon suits in Gundam colours)

Sprayed white over grey Tamiya basecoat, so there's already a bit of lining marked out. Better than the two coats the white spray can says to do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Could still use some tidying up, but here's my Gouf Custom based on the White Rose

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Could still use some tidying up, but here's my Gouf Custom based on the White Rose

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I lke the scheme but you should get some putty and get rid of the seam line on the shoulder. And maybe trim down the flash on the waist pipe.

Yeah, I thought touching up the paint would cover the seam. Tamiya doesn't seem to like being applied with a brush, or being watered down, very odd.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Could someone identify this Figma? I like to collect cool mech design images so I'd like to label the folder properly.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ledenko posted:

So I like this:

I don't know my gundam mecha enough, is this a custom, upcoming, existing model? Please, help me buy something!

Edit: Ok, so I think I managed to find it - it's the Efreet, right? One of those that don't have a model.

Yeah, the Efreet Nacht, almost certainly a custom unless we've all been really, really good this year.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

MG42 posted:

Well this is unexpected.

Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann anounced!

Are these kits or figures? Already have the Revoltech Gurren Lagann, what would this have over it?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

So this is basically Bandai 90% abandoning MG at this point, right? :sigh:

We're getting the Jesta though, I don't know what else there is to be released right now, there's been plenty of AGE stuff, I may even get the Dark Hound.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm afraid it might be Palace Athene.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Ok, it's looking like I really need to get some of the Kotobukiya accessory parts. I mean, look at this :stare:

Is that a Kotobukiya mech or a Bandai kit? Pretty sweet whatever.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

RG Gerba Tetra? Seems unlikely when there's no HG, but I can dream.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Me! That's the black one with the lance right? Not got a Crossbone yet, and that's the one I want.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Red Bones posted:

m-m-maybe they'll take this opportunity to fix the inner frame?

Aww who am I kidding its just going to be an overpriced recolour.

With a lance! :dance:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is that Iron Man (or War Machine?) a kit? If so who makes it?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Rozen combo tickled me. Are those the colours of the Rozen Zulu kit though? I expected something much more violet, the torso looks like a stock Geara Zulu olive.

Could anyone help me identify the components of that one and the one with the AGE-FX funnels and Sinanju thrusters?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

It took me a few looks to realize this is an actual product. I'm really looking forward to the line.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Much appreciation for the added wrist articulation, you'll get much better poses. Plus you can evidently get the arms crossed. Might involve removing the hand though, hard to see.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Realized it's been something like a year since I built a kit. Before I place an order with HLJ, can anyone recommend somewhere to get kits in the UK? Maybe another store has sprung up since last time.

Want to get HGUC Gerbera Tetra now I know it exists from Build Fighters, Delta Gundam Kai looks like fun too. Might wait for Sengoku Astray, but I think there are a few more kits to wait for as well. Hopefully we'll get the 1/144 HG Turn X seen in the background of Build Fighters.

Edit: and how's the Byarlant?

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 5, 2013

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Am considering doing some kind of Gundam kitbash, could someone explain the All Gundam scheme to me, I've read about it in fragments so am not clear. Are the "universal" backpacks such as those used by Build Strike and Zaku Amazing interchangeable with the packs on stuff like the Wing and XX that have just come out under All Gundam?

And since part of the idea behind it is supposed to be part-switching between kits, are they fudging scale a bit so F91 Gundam(15M) parts can be put on XX Gundam (17m) and so on? Pretty sure OYW and 00 suits average closer to 20m too, with Nu Gundam being something like 22m.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Promising silouette there...

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I think their next big announcement will be an mg v2 and reborns, thereby completing their mission of destroying my wallet.

Do you think an MG Reborns is realistic? The transformation gimmick might be tricky to work with a full frame.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

A SAL package from HLJ will take about 2-3 weeks to the UK, right? Trying to pin down what kits I want to get back into things, and with Christmas coming up I may be at my folks for a few weeks. just a pain I can't airbrush where I am.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 25, 2013

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Then I found out that parts ordering isn't allowed in America anymore. :negative:

I guess that means parts ordering isn't allowed outside Japan at all? I was hoping to do a Reborns/One Gundam custom with One's extra frames without having to get both kits.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Will all have to wait until morning, nothing I want seems to be in stock at HLJ, looks like I can still get them at discount if I wait.

Think I want another go at Reborns, and a Stark Jegen seems cool. Thought about 00 Seven Swords but I have the 00 Raiser already, would just be for accessories.

Not sure I want to get an MG after so long, not sure what I would go for. It's 2.30am and I probably shouldn't consider spending so much until I sleep.

Edit: are there any good third party accessories compatible with Gundam kits, pretty sure I've seen them. Think I'd like to see what I can do to replace/modify the Reborns Cannon weapons in particular.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 29, 2013

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How is the MG Nu Gundam ver.Ka out of the box? I can't use my airbrush in university halls, but would like to perhaps take it apart and paint it later.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Muffinlord posted:

Search my post history in this thread- it's a great kit but if you've been out of the MG game a while prepare to lose knuckles on those tiny hands.

Am on my phone, but doesn't it come with fixed hands, without articulated fingers?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Think I'm just going to go nuts, order an MG Nu Ver.Ka and some HGs, separately so I get two SAL packages. What were those clippers everyone recommended?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oooh yeah, that 0-Raiser backpack wouldn't be anything but quite a bit of dead weight. The 00-Raiser's always seemed like a bad design to me anyway. The 00 itself is pretty good, but then they just keep adding kibble onto those shoulders to the point it gets absurd.

I think it would work better if the GN Drives were fitted to the shoulder, instead of on brackets (man do they lobe brackets) Part of why I love Reborns' GN elbows.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

S-Alpha posted:

Holy poo poo, how did I not hear that Bandai reissued that web-exclusive Banshee. I thought I missed the chance forever when I didn't order it back in early 2012.

I take back everything bad I ever said about you Bandai, even with the horrendous price gouging going on here. :allears: (Thank Christ for holiday bonuses.)

Sigh, too expensive, and too "in the US", though I'd really like one of the Unicorns with the green psychoframe. Maybe I'll paint the HG.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

To anyone who pre-ordered MG Sazabi vKa:

I hope you like shipping fees. :unsmigghh:

Surely it's just a tiny woman?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Edit; misunderstood the question, sorry.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

Pictures are up.

Mrs. Sazabi

Gundam Exia Dark Matter

And interesting enough, a new Build Booster.

New Booster A

Cool silhouettes, really looking forward to them, partially so I can understand how Nobel and Sazabi are even compatible. Is the Exia Dark Matter also a "kitbash"? Feel I maybe recognise the shoulders and feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Or it uses bits off all of Sazabi's frames maybe.

• Locked thread