Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Jebediah posted:

I'm about to go on a boat ride to Freeport. This will be magical. I'm a little tired of CB belts and shoulderpads, so I am going to try some charmed animal pet kiting in the Karanas.

Go to EK, drag yellow griffawns/gorge hounds/etc to Guard Sara by the farms right by the bridge, befriend animal before they die, then snare/nuke the 20-30% health high con to death.

The whole being able to charm enemies guards assist on, and then having them automatically unaggro is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Anyone around for an invite? Made my first lil' druid in gfay on this server, Axford parked in Gfay - already getting camped by some weird twink who seems to be roleplaying, this is fun.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

So who's got a twink they can park in Mistmoore just to kill that gently caress Bush?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

HEY VAPER posted:

He's a 1 million plat twink with an Oggok Cleaver, so basically nobody on the server.

Right, what we need are multiple people exclusively on camping Bush's corpse duty. It's a hard job but that's classic EQ for you.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Have I mentioned how deeply I loving hate this guy? Welp got 99% to 33 in a Mistmoore group before ~classic~ PK ruined it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Just FYI Bush's shaman 'Jeremy' is 33/34 and (currently) geared poorly - or at least ran from my poor rear end when I came at him in SK today. I suggest people with mid-30s alts look out for that name.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Arakan posted:

Guys I took a nap, ate dinner and came back like 7 hours later, PumpkinLatte is still in LGuk, my god.

Does anyone know Makavel in real life because he's the most likely candidate to die at his computer I've met lately, literally never not seen him online in a week.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I know that we have a certain cultural identity that people want to uphold, and I definitely don't want new members that are going to complain about dick chat or tranny jokes

oh i thought i was playing with goons so i didn't have to hear constant 'faggots' and 'tranny jokes'

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

onesixtwo posted:

So, the guild choices on Red are now officially:

1) SLMADUNKATRON, for social and leveling needs amongst goons and friends to goons
2) Eternal Light, which is getting a new name, because Darkhorn doesn't want to be associated with being an AZ feeder anymore with its new ex-Azrael heavy member base. Ironic, truly.
3) WhateverthisnewEx-EL-HardCore-Guild is going to be called. There are really good people going into this, but gently caress
4) Holocaust, for when you just don't give a gently caress and want to afk on raids every sunday.
5) God's Work, whatever the hell they are doing other than killing everyone and anyone now, they recently split from their holo alliance because why not.

politics!

precisely why I still just want to be in a goon guild: none of that drama.

eke out fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 20, 2014

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mourne posted:

If I were to roll a toon on Red (never played pvp) is there any requests to classes to try and level up? I've got some free time on my hands and was thinking Shammy, Mage, Chanter, or Necro. Any advice? Reading the thread, it seems as though I should avoid gfay. Is there any support structure for newbies through a goon guild? I haven't played in many years.

Goon guild just went through drama as a bunch of people split off to pursue guilds they could actually, feasibly raid in - but /who all slamdunkatron and you'll see anyone online, most of us can set you up with some basic plat for spells or a handful of newbie items. (also ignore pwnz0r telling you not to roll as he is in like the .01% of the highest-end of the server)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

RZ was better, but I'm sorry red server is still better than blue server even if you just want to kill dragons. It's a lot more fun when things are settled with violence instead of variance and petitions. Yeah it's a topsided pvp server that's been stuck on kunark since forever, but for the most part bored people who play fungi pvp twinks are also lazy so they tend to stick to crushbone/mm/unrest. There's other places to level in Everquest.

Yeah, PVP* outside of the twinks in four or five leveling zones is pretty fun

*stalking people until you can safely murder them by surprise

• Locked thread