Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I wonder how big the pile of money needs to be to make it her full-time job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Oh god, what is "something really good"?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So the Kickstarter just past 35k. And the 45k incentive is something cool.

"If we reach $45,000, Cucumber Quest will regularly update three days a week from July to December 2012."

Aw naw she din't.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Tea-San needs to do something like this already. I want to give him money. :(

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Well get that international version of kickstarter going and we'll be in business.

Kickstarter is not the only crowdfunding site in existence. Indiegogo, Rockethub and Ulule all support non-US projects. Yeah, they're not as big as Kickstarter so the money from people randomly browsing the Comics section of the site will be smaller, but let's be honest, how big a share of the donors can that be? The vast majority of the money will come from people who already read Gunnerkrigg Court.

PS There's a table with comparison of the options that these sites offer over here: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6369/the_crowdfunding_revolution_.php?print=1

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
At worst, she'll fall back to three, but for a longer period of time.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

some dude on tumblr posted:

Hi…
being reading your comic for a while and have realized exactly what’s been bothering me about it. I don’t mean to offend, and i hope this helps you. But, all your characters appear to be one dimensional, with the exceptions of Princess nautilus. Where i’ve seen her scared, sassy, and fanatic side. The main character has one side, through and through, hesitant and reluctant. All other traits about him (EVEN his fighting side, aren’t thoroughly explored) Unlike the princess, where I KNOW what she’s passionate about, what she specifically finds irksome, and where she shows a tamer side in the phase of real threat.
In the Captain’s reveal (the giant crab) you got rid of the conflict immediately. To sound even more pedantic: conflict reveals character AND there should always, in every scene, be a presence of conflict (of any kind) in a scene. So that it creates interest. Say that Captain didn’t like the protagonist (say he thought he was to puny, or overly protective of the princess) that would reveal a bit more about both characters, while simultaneously create more questions (short term goals-that keep the audience engaged) How will cucumber act to this hostility? How will the princess deter or stop the Captains aggressions or suspicions (say she tells him how cucumber saved her not to long ago, and watch how his attitude changes). I’d think it would feel a little bit more satisfying over all. Either way, i hope this is received well and of use to you. Take care. Beautiful art as always.

Armchair script doctors are the best!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Bell_ posted:

I figured he was coming for Cordelia anyways, since their ears are similar. It's been too long since we've seen her and Peridot, and maybe the Nightmare Knight bosses even her around.

There's also Dad.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Calico Heart posted:

Carrot just fell out a tree

This is the cutest poo poo ever

and its so preeeettttttyyyy

EDIT: What the gently caress do you mean I'm on the most recent page?

God drat. What do I read in the meantime?

Try Nimona.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Call me sappy, but I feel that might be a beginning of a redeeming romance.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

Took me a few seconds to notice it's makeup.

Don't think it is.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So are we getting two more months out of that extra 10K we gave? The 20K between the two final stretch goals was supposed to cover four months, so it would seem kinda crummy if we didn't.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This thread's title needs to change to WEBMANGA KYUURI KUESTO.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
please don't do a guilded age please don't do a guilded age please don't do a

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Saigyouji posted:

Threw this together but haven't a clue what the title should be. Ideas?

Marceline has spiky shoulders!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I need to know how Peridot got started with this whole minion thing and why Cordelia is trying for this whole take over the world thing when she's clearly not that evil.

Well, y'know. By our standards, perhaps. Using their world's scale, she's pretty much a blood-soaked dictator.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Q&A!

http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/84188698836/more-q-a-thanks-for-all-your

"i have a theory that Nightmare Knight is a big sweetheart and just needs a little loving and friendship. oh my gosh, i lovvveeee him so much… but then again, i always fell for those “mysterious types”

"Your theory is…well, it was kind of the point of the entire Caketown Castle intermission, haha. The Nightmare Knight is clearly a big, lonely baby, but he insists on covering that up with his scary, cliche dark lord persona. Why doesn’t he just drop the act and make some friends? We’ll find out!"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Cosmo confirmed for being a princess on a tumblr ask

Uhhhhhhhhh, no.

Q: All the disaster masters we’ve seen so far are men. Will we ever meet a female one?

A: Psst, we just did.

Doesn't mean it's Cosmo. Or that she's royalty. Glitchmaster could be female when she's not pretending to be NK.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rumda posted:

And how does that quote relate in any way.

That's the question Gigi answered on her Tumblr that you are now basing all your speculation on?

Like, Cosmo could be a girl. But I am puh-reetey sure she was talking about Glitchmaster there.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 27, 2014

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Sun would get an owie. :ohdear:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think the Pizza Grandpa might be the prin-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Okay, that wink-face was pretty freaky.