Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dr. Honked posted:

When I went to university, we were not allowed to learn c because it was not yet officially recognized as a computer language by the British computer society. C++ was invented about a year later I think. We were taught pascal. I've never ever used pascal for real or ever seen it outside of academia. I'm sure I've told this story before so thanks for reading. Cheers. Also I am typing this on a blackberry PlayBook and it's very baf

dr honked youre p cool and tbqh i wouldnt mind spending an afternoon with you if i was in the area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Anal Tributary posted:

yeah turns out you can't move to the bay area with $50 cash + $200 in your bank account

who knew

crank that linkin park

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
anal tributary look at what inverse ickarus has to deal with nancy badcoder

you realize nancy badcoder got a job with a big successful company and writes horribad code all day for months

inverse ickarus is now on the chopping block

rly makes u think

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sulk posted:

is there a book on algorithms/data structures which is actually comprehensible without needing to know a shitload of math

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

baxate posted:

Honestly, you probably have a good shot at getting a job with the University IT department. They like to hire students.

lol if you hire students at university to do anything IT other than deskside cjing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sulk posted:

welp

look bro you can 'get' red-black trees and hashing and whatnot but you wont 'get' how to use them at scale on anything significant unless maths

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

who did you used to be

A Big Fart

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gentle Autist posted:

Just tell Sulk to get out

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean

middlin tier

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
didnt read the last 700 posts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ahhh spiders posted:

you're worthless

:ironicat:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

chemosh6969 posted:

What's the best programming language for an up and coming private dick that will have to hack into cheating spouse's emails and corrupt company/government databases when I need proof to crack the case wide open?

gbs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
whats reddit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
JVM is hiding out in barcelona because he never paid any taxes on either delta heavy tour, lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qntm posted:

what the hell is a monad

youre dumb as hell

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hey guys check out this poster whos literally never touched the subject of philosophy ever, lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

tinselt0wn posted:

academic bs

are you mad because you're poor, or stupid, or both ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

its gonna be a nightmare.

ur luns. show them to me

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

please move out of your dirt and rock human-broiler known as tucson

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ronald Raiden posted:

yea im working on it, now that I graduated im planning to leave around the end of this year

i know, do it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Panic! At The cisco posted:

that's why the iphone 5 will come with built in projector this changes everything

and preloaded with a non-deletable copy of avatar

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this thread is so bad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

etcetera08 posted:

all the whining about being a programmer and how much the industry sucks is pretty funny to me, a (admittedly naive) 22 yr old who is jumping from his english major at a liberal arts school to a cs minor and self teaching a buncha other poo poo so i can actually get a job. knowing how to program puts you in a much better financial position than a lot of other skills, at least in the usa.

lol if you go to college to learn how to program

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

0xB16B00B5 posted:

people tend to laugh at idea guys cause they expect some top tier developer to come and make them millions for like 10k and sign make them sign an nda before they explain their facebook clone

:thejoke:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

*giggles* he doesnt know how to use the three equals signs

BOOOOOOO

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i dont read this thread but

http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/residentadvisor/c-net-developer-online-music-magazine/d0yvwQwZGr4O5oeJe4efaV

c# web 'developer' job at resident advisor in london

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
you have come to a world called pager duty *whipcrack*

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

that fuckin' keyboard

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

gucci void main posted:

Fortran in FUBU

rip

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this thread is loving awful

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im just gonna leave this here:

http://bluehackers.org

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

polpotpi posted:

cobra insurance sucks but its better than nothing

yes just let me pay $300/mo for insurance

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dur posted:

yes please, where can i get this $300/mo insurance

you have to lose your job

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Max Facetime posted:

this is why I put “smart” in-front of “95% white” in my tirade, as I think having enough smartness to be one of the TechBros is the main differentiator here rather than skin color

smartness is also why being called “retarded” is such an effective slur against a computer toucher as it straight-up threatens to take away the privilege that the smart computer toucher has been enjoying

shut the gently caress up you stupid loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

tim cook : not doing our job on the language front? check this out mates ... *releases new pedofile emoji in the LGBTA emoji group, with 4 hair colour opinions*

don't do this thanks