Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I got DirecTV when I moved to a new house and don't have Fox en Espaņol because I didn't buy the stupid Spanish package full of Mexican poo poo.

gently caress YOU DIRECTV, I'M MISSING THE LIBERTADORES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Polidoro posted:

I just saw a Neymar vs Bolivar comp, and I hope Neymar slips in the shower and breaks every bone in his body. Doing all kinds of tricks when you are winning 6-0 is a lovely thing to do.

Would love to see him play against and Argie team and physically abused by some dude that looks like Cata Diaz' younger, mentally slower brother.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

Fox Deportes is the best channel for the US. Here's a list for all other countries.

The good thing is that since Mexican teams are out the announcers are Argentinian... biased as gently caress but at least they know what they're talking about.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

That is cool. Who knows where I'll live by then, but if I'm still in Miami I'll get some good games.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Pizarro out for this round of qualifications for Peru. I don't think we can beat Colombia right now, and this is a heavy blow. He just signed for Bayern too, he should be very motivated.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Peru lost, as expected. I loving hate the attitude of the fans/players. They say that the loss was 'unjust'. YOU loving LOST THE GAME. It's not about justice, it's about who loving wins.

Stupid loving country full of stupid loving people.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Thanks for the kind words my friend, but I can't stand the attitude of most Peruvians. It is despicable. gently caress them.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Farfan out of the Uruguay game because he has some kind of stomach flu. People don't even wanna play for this country I swear.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

New Brazilian stalwart Romarinho doing it big in the Libertadores final

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This is awesome. I wish my grandma were as passionate about football like this lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoBXWedzzs

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I have seen games at around 4pm EST. It's always good to check livesoccertv.com for listings.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

That is awesome

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Riquelme Pecho Frio!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Boca's hinchas are outside the Bombonera protesting Riquelme's departure, they broke one of the stadium's gate and they are going inside the stadium. :stare:

Argentina.txt

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I wanted to post about Calero earlier but it's just so loving depressing. The guy used to frequent a restaurant I used to work at a couple years back and he was extremely polite, huge as gently caress too. RIP dude.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Polidoro posted:

Peru was playing a 25-year-old Ecuadorian guy in the U-20 championship, apparently. This is the best tournament!

Proud of my country. Apparently his dad "didn't remember" when his birthday was. loving classic.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Is there any good place to keep up with Copa Libertadores in English? ESPN has a segment, but it doesn't seem to get updated very much. I'm not a big fan of football, but after watching a bit about Corinthians and Flamanese, I want to try to keep up with this season. South America seems far more entertaining than all the other leagues. One question. How come the FIFA Club Cup doesn't seem to get much respect? Like I said, I don't know much at all, but other than the UEFA Europa League, it seems like every major league has their best teams show up. I'm not sure why Corinthians/Chelsea was considered meaningless by the forums when just reading about the lead-up makes it seem like it was the most important game they would ever play.

Your best bet is Fox Sports en Espaņol really, that or online streams. The Copa Libertadores is absolutely mental and a very entertaining tournament, I definitely encourage you to follow it.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Brazil's government sucks (as every other LatAm government). What's new.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Magrov posted:

It was a 300m range nautical parachute distress flare similar to this one.

Video of the incident. I saw a better one in the news today, with a high-def closeup of the guy who shot the flare, but couldn't find it.

Same thing happened in Peru back in 2000. A kid with down syndrome was hit in the face with one of those from across the stands. Died instantly. The thing was still on and going when it went through his face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAbSoi-IGts

I remember watching it live and, gently caress, it was horrid. One of the only times where they cancelled the game over something else than crowd violence.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Fights? Latin America? You guys are fans of El Loco Abreu, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rIrUeqZ8oY

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Watching Real Garcilaso vs Nacional and Abreu and Recoba are making late cameos. Cool with me.

e: Garcilaso to the next round! Good for them. The team is three years old.

Weaponized Cum fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 10, 2013

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Good game last night. Newell's has Heinze, Lucas Bernardi, Kily Gonzalez and others playing for them, wouldn't surprise me if they go all the way.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Marco Etcheverry recently said Venezuela are only good for producing telenovelas and Miss Universes, oh boy it'll be really funny if we beat them today in La Paz.

Remember when Bolivia made it to the WC '94 and he got a red card in the first game against ze Germans and suspended for the remainder of the tournament? It was glorious

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Arriba Peru!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

If Peru wins I'm gonna get lovely tonight

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

The Peru team is a testament that no matter what team you have on paper, if you don't have loving BALLS and character when playing, you might as well roll over and lose.

Also Suarez is a genius, a very evil one, but a god drat genius.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

cisneros posted:

Both Colombia and Ecuador are pretty bad, yet they're going to the world cup.
edit: By the way, Peru should really try the altitude scam, Ecuador used to play at sea level on the best stadium in the country, with about 50% more capacity, and the only reason they switched to Quito was because the new president was from there and also the federation owned the stadium, but it worked, it even switched the local league champions to the altitude cities for about a decade.

We tried it and our own players couldn't handle it. It is extremely treacherous, plus a player in the local league passed away a little while back. Eighteen years old.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_beautiful_blog/2013/07/peruvian-soccer-player-yair-clavijo-18-collapses-and-dies-during-game

Seems like the ambulance did not have a defibrillator. What gets me mad is that there is money to invest in these things, just no common sense/desire to actually make things better.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

He gets the jo-b done that's for sure.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

In Peruvian football news, Universitario (my team, hell yeah) won the league with a team that averages 24 years of age. Let's hope that some of those youngins can become decent players and don't descend into the depths of alcohol and whoremongering like every other Peruvian player ever.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Plenty of promising careers have died because of lack of professionalism, does that count?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Anybody follow the Peruvian league? Inter have signed Andy Polo, is he any good? Thanks.

The Peruvian League is poo poo, just look at how the teams perform in the Libertadores, it's pathetic. Andy Polo does belong to the team that won the league this past year, and is very young. He is very talented and with the right mindset and environment, he could be a great asset to any team.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

joepinetree posted:

Anelka just signed with Atletico mineiro. The real question is if this means they are selling Jo.

Might get back on FIFA just for this. I used to play with AM, fun team!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Drogadon posted:

Pinto is out as Costa Rica manager. The federation refused his conditions (none of them regarding salary). He wanted to revamp the youth league system and get more control over his staff.

Farewell Pinto and good luck wherever you go. Can't wait until we lose to Belize with a loser like Ronald Mora at the helm :suicide:

it is proven that the people that run the FA's are a bunch of shitheels.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This final is shite. Nacional are a disgrace.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Brasil vs Argentina is gonna be on in a couple hrs, under 20 south american championship

if you have Bein sports you can watch it

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

hecko posted:

LOL @ Alianza Lima.

they're absolute poo poo and have delusional fans

they're kind of a even worse arsenal, they have absolutely no talent whatsoever in the squad

their players also fight their own fans: http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/...-1789173?flsm=1

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Libertadores ftw

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

boca vs river today, at La Bombonera. Should be a good one.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Told you it was gonna be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/riots-delay-el-clasico-tapatio-as-atlas-fans-attack-chi-1705138060/+bubbaprog

good week