Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klades
Sep 8, 2011

KingSlime posted:

Wow the DS emulator is absolutely excellent.Though is it just me or does the touch screen seem slightly less responsive than it should be?

Regardless this thing runs at full speed and plays amazing on my note 2. Built in stylus, anyone?

The DS and 3DS use a resistive touch screen which is more responsive than the capacitive ones every other device uses, but I'm pretty sure you can't multi-touch with resistive and you have to physically press into the screen a bit which is why nothing else really uses resistive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Len posted:

How does Uplink run on the Nexus 7? The humble program tells me not well.

The issue with those games (the ones the Humble app says aren't supported by the Nexus 7) are really going to be about screen size and not performance.
I've checked on some of them, and they run fine. You may need to squint, and you may need to be pretty careful about being accurate with your screen pokes, but they will run fine.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Does it support controllers at all?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Drone posted:

My Steam popped up with a notification that one of my wishlisted items, the Season One pack of Pinball Arcade, is half off this week. I don't actually own Pinball Arcade, and only really wanted that pack in case it went on extreme discount during a Steam Sale. Even discounted, $15 was still too much for my blood for a pack of tables when the only one I really wanted was Star Trek: The Next Generation.

On a whim, I checked Google Play for pinball games. Turns out 1.) Pinball Arcade is available, with 1 free table, and 2.) they break their table selections down in to much smaller, easier-to-digest chunks, so I can grab my TNG table a la carte for 5 bucks. I don't think that's awful, and after playing a bit with the free table included with the Pinball Arcade app, I think it runs really drat well.

Unless you're playing with a controller, you should know that Pinball Arcade just generally works better on something with hardware buttons. It's probably not as big of a deal if you've never played another version of it, but the capacitive touch screen's input lag is a real downer for pinball.

The proper thing to do, of course, is to make a pinball controller with some arcade buttons and a shoebox and play the PC version with a portrait orientation monitor.

(Ok, the proper thing to do is build a pinball cabinet out of a really wide format monitor but the pinbox is second best.)

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Shwqa posted:

I heard a lot of complaints about the controls. Some people called it unplayable when it came out. I have no idea if this was ever fixed.

Clash of Heroes on my N7 felt like a hot mess to control compared to the NDS version. It was way too picky, for the most part. Trying to hold on a unit to delete them required absolutely no accidental movement at all from my finger or it would just cancel, and you had to hold your finger there for quite a while before it would decide you were doing it on purpose. And the swiping didn't always take very well either.
So it's either the infamous N7 touch screen problems or it's just a game that words better with a resistive screen or hardware buttons.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I think when we're at the point where literally every post in this thread all day, except two, were either about the game or about posting about the game it may have earned its own thread.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Potsticker posted:

I have not, thanks! I'm not a big fan of color picross/nonagrams, but I'm already downloading that second link to check out.

If you're skipping Hungry Cat for some reason other than having actually tried it I recommend giving it a shot anyway. I like it a lot better than other color picross games because it follows slightly different rules; Instead of the standard picross notation that indicates a number of consecutive filled spaces, ALL the spaces are to be filled with one of up to four colors, and the line notation indicates number of each color in the line, and if that color is all consecutive or not in that line.
You do run out of puzzles somewhat quickly but they put up a Tuesday puzzle every week which is a single large picture made up of 9 max size (15x10) puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Puzzle:
Hungry Cat Picross

Card:
Ascension

• Locked thread