Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I really want a founders edition 3060, am I going to have to camp out on the discord/tracking sites or just give up and pay $150-200 above MSRP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Rolo posted:

If by camping out you mean setting a notification on your phone then going back to doing anything else then yeah probably.

Well that’s heartening; I’m working from home so I have nothing but free time

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

tragic_ethos posted:

The other FE’s have only been sold by best buy online, so that is the place to watch at launch.

I see it's already listed there, will sit on the page tonight. Thanks!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I like how Linus tried to review the 3060 and Nvidia sent him a broken card. Bodes well!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm waiting for the 3060ti drop, should I stay up or will they be released at a reasonable hour tomorrow morning? Discord I'm in says 9am is typical.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Don Lapre posted:

Don't worry, you will easily be able to get one all day tomorrow

on ebay and fb

I am actually fine with paying up to $550 for a 3060 FE but going by how much the 3070s are on facebook marketplace, that's not going to happen

I have the "flip my new 1650 super" discount waiting

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Just got an MSI 3070 and 32gb of Olloy RAM off of Newegg from the drop Discord for $700, thanks for the suggestion all. Will flip the RAM and my 1650 Super in SAmart for MSRP.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Kefit posted:

Finally managed to get one of the 3070 combos off Newegg, only to realize after placing my order that it's one of the gigantic 3070s (323mm long) that won't fit in a Meshify C case.

What are the chances someone out there wants to trade for a smaller 3070? Otherwise I'm considering just canceling the order (this would also save me the headache of having to return the lovely power supply part of the combo).

Lol I did the same and ended up with the honking triple fan MSI 3070 with integrated LEDs that might run up against the cable bar in my NZXT h500 case (it's over 12" long!). On the off chance that someone wants to trade for a Founders Edition, I'll pay for shipping...

Or maybe even trade down for a 3060ti FE as a holiday gift swap

change my name fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 2, 2020

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Kefit posted:

Actually it turns out the RAM combo and the PSU combo that just dropped come with different cards. The RAM combo comes with the mega sized 323mm card, and the PSU combo comes with a more reasonably sized 286mm card. I ordered the PSU combo, but for some reason ended up looking at the RAM combo card to confirm size after ordering (I guess I just assumed they'd be the same).

So I'm safe as far as card size goes, it turns out. Now I just have to worry about returning the garbo PSU.

Apparently Newegg will let you return bundle components if you pay for shipping, so I'm not too worried there. I did get a garbage HDMI to VGA dongle as a "free holiday gift" that I guess I'll toss in my closet forever

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Throwing it out there officially: My MSI Gaming X Trio 3070 (the honking huge 323mm one with LEDs and three fans) is shipping from Newegg today. When I get it in the next few days, I'm going to put it on SAmart to trade for a 3060 ti (preferably FE, but no worries if no one can snag it) and the cost of shipping since it likely won't fit in my case and I have a 550 watt PSU and want to maintain as much headroom as I can. People in this thread will get priority.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

gary oldmans diary posted:

Now wondering if the cards will drop on Best Buy in the next 60 seconds...
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=rtx%203060%20ti

Looks like :negative:

Someone on the drops discord is saying they reached out to a local store and were told 12pm PST, so who knows

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Best Buy. Right now. Funnily enough I looked away after the last F5.

Yepppp, I see a list of places I can pick it up but not actually buy online. Smart move on their part!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Extremely cool that it's in my cart, but pick-up is not available within 250 miles...

Same here and on the Discord

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I gave up on Best Buy after constantly refreshing and trying to lock down a store to pick it up at, my trade offer still stands

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

randoark posted:

What are you looking to trade? I snagged a Gigabyte 3060 ti (the Eagle OC) this morning from Newegg since I couldn't get my hands on anything else.

Is that the short two-fan one? If so it's perfect, I'm trying to get rid of this thing: https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-3070-rtx-3070-gaming-x-trio/p/N82E16814137603

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

randoark posted:

It is the shorter two-fan one but are you just looking to do a straight-up trade?

Yep, as long as you throw in like $30 to cover shipping. As mentioned I'm trying to really pare back power consumption since I'm running a 550 watt PSU and the 3060 is a much better fit.

No worries if not, I know the shipping is annoying

change my name fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 2, 2020

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

pmchem posted:

you had issues with that 3070 and a 550W psu? what's your cpu?

No, I haven't gotten it yet, but looking at PCpartpicker, this one draws 240 watts and pushes me over 400 total. I'm using a Corsair 550 watt gold+, but just want to have as much headroom as possible since I'm afraid of spikes if I try out 1440/4k gaming.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

exquisite tea posted:

AMD will have to rename their dual card tech to "Literally On Fire."

That's just catching up with the Xbox

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Animal posted:

Wanna thank thread denizen Cygni for hooking me up with a 3080 FTW3 from his EVGA queue! I owe you a local treat, I have to go on a work trip so if I can’t send something in time I’ll have my wife do it.

It was a huge PITA shoving it into an NCASE M1 but I managed to make it fit. Now I need to find an SFX PSU that has three PCI-E cables.

I’ll be passing my EVGA queue cards to people on this thread like he did, on a first come first serve basis when I receive the EVGA email notification.

Wow, they solved GPU sag!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Still waiting on my 3070 to ship from Newegg. The label was made and it's only coming from the next state over, but they're still waiting for UPS to pick it up apparently

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

UPS made a announcement this week that NewEgg was one of the businesses they are reducing the amount of pickups during the holiday season to avoid overloading their logistics system. They are only doing pickups from New Egg once a week so you are going to be waiting a bit longer to get it.

Ironically the crappy add ons from the bundle will all arrive on Monday, it's only the GPU that hasn't shipped

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

jisforjosh posted:

More in-depth and slightly more technical - https://www.techspot.com/article/2039-chip-binning/

And the absolute best-of-the-best chips get wrapped in gold foil and sent to Linus to drop

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Apparently Newegg paid extra to ship my free HDMI to VGA dongle here first, because I just got it

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I just got my 3070 from Newegg and holy poo poo it is enormous

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

bus hustler posted:

Does anyone actually find driving from place to place in an open world game fun?

I dont mean people who beat the game then get into that as their "endgame" groove because I totally get driving games, Truck Simulator, etc. but... the like 3 minute annoying forced motorcycle scene, I could honestly do with a jump cut and not feel like I was pulled from the immersion I guess.

Just replace all of the open-world driving sections in games like these with Burnout Paradise missions, problem solved

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Has anyone tested the 3060 ti on Minecraft RTX yet?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The best part is Cyberpunk was supposed to release in April so Ampere wasn't even an option, originally... :thejoke:

It does remind me of those bygone days when games tried to future-proof to some degree. :allears:

Also there is a time-limit for joining Step Up:

So you have to register the card with EVGA within 2 weeks of purchase and then opt-in to the Step Up program within 90 days of purchase. If you miss the first 2 week window, you can buy another warranty, but you still have to Step Up within 90 days of the original purchase!
:eng101:

Yep, I only found out about step-up after my 1650 super was ineligible unfortunately

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Xaris posted:

yeah 3060 TI is a great card for 1440p @ ultra 60-fps gaming. can even probably do 70-100 if your monitor supports it. the biggest hit is the lows are still there so it won't be consistent but with VRR that smooths out a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxDmoVAHs4

These look exactly the same to me (but is funny to notice that the 3070 was hitting higher CPU loads?)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

repiv posted:

Minecraft RTX is out of beta, so you can play it online with non-beta-users now

https://twitter.com/Minecraft/status/1336309900918599681?s=19

My 3060 ti should be getting here Thursday and I guess I'll play this until Cyberpunk gets a few more patches

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

sean10mm posted:

They're going full Crysis "we're loving with high end PC owners on purpose" lmao

Are you talking about the remaster? The original was optimized well (I remember playing it on my lovely Inspiron 1520) but it was never designed to support multiple cores so there was always kind of an unobtainable performance cap. I think there's a Linus vid where he's trying the original in 4k on a 3090 and is stuck at 70 FPS.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

bus hustler posted:

if traffic in california is that light in 2077 sign me up for whatever digital penis chips i need to get

edit: eh ill be 91 gently caress it

You're only 14??

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

jisforjosh posted:

Quoting this so you can't edit your bad math away later.

Oh god I just realized what year it is

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

nitsuga posted:

Cool, well I’ll make it work with my 1650S then. Kinda curious what it won’t be able to handle honestly. I know it’s a budget card, so turning down some settings and/or resolution won’t pain me really. Probably worth the extra cash for a better RTX card with a warranty in a couple years I suppose.

The 1650 super is... fine for 1080p gaming? I can run Doom Eternal on high with it right now without cracking 50 degrees. Only thing you're not getting is ray tracing, obviously.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

nitsuga posted:

Yeah, just forecasting I guess. What’s the game that’ll do me in on it? I guess I really should just use the thing rather than worrying about that though.

I think you only need to worry about unoptimized open world games. Apparently it only hits 40-60fps in the new AC on medium, but partly because that game is a mess

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If I'm up to date on my Geforce "game-ready drivers", should I just be able to drop in my 3060 ti and go?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

pyrotek posted:

Yes, but if you have unexpected problems after, uninstall, boot in safe mode, run Display Driver Uninstaller, then reinstall drivers.

Also, if you use MSI Afterburner you'll need to update to the beta version.

Thanks! I do have installed but will update just in case

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Got my 3060 ti in the mail, time to gently caress off forever down a Steam backlog hole

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Don't have Cyberpunk yet, but I did plunk in my Gigabyte 3060 ti Eagle, ran Doom Eternal on ultra nightmare, and... it's beautiful but this thing revs up like a jet engine as soon as it hits 40 degrees. No wonder the testing temps were so good, it goes from 0 to 2000 RPM

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Fauxtool posted:

does anyone know if the geforce now codes that came with my 3080 are locked to people with a 30xx gpu installed or can anyone use them? I have a few I dont need.

The instructions on the Geforce site say you need to log into the Geforce Experience Center, verify your 30xx series card, then put the code in. It sucks, I wanted to give mine away too.

Also lol oops, I just realized that the new through-fan design on the 30xx series is now dumping heat directly onto my CPU sink...

change my name fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Dell comes through, here's my Cyberpunk 2077 Starter Kit

i'm not leaving this room until 2021

I can't even play "click here" strategy games high, much less FPSs, good luck on not dying