Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
From the previous thread:

keiran_helcyan posted:

But then in Chapter 12 and 13 it's back to the same linear corridors, nonsensical plot, and soap opera character acting. I agree it improves a fair degree in Chapter 11, but looking back on it I probably would have been happier if I just stopped. At least in chapter 11 you get a free roaming world and some side quests to just screw around with the battle system for a while though.

Chapter 11 being open-ended and dropping the plot while the others are linear soap opera corridorfests makes me think that each chapter represents each game in the series somehow.

Also, when will SE try their hand at making an open-world sandbox Final Fantasy ala Elder Scrolls? I want to run around as a Moogle Black Mage with a 10-foot sword. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The GIG posted:

I've been thinking about something like that. We haven't had an Ivalice Alliance game in a while, so just drop it there and watch the people throw their money at Square.

I was thinking either Ivalice or something in Vana'diel. I like the idea of them taking one of the Vana'diel countries and making something that's more to scale, with villages and hamlets and lots of places to explore and really flesh out the world and the local politics and whatnot. :3:

On the other hand, it'd probably be consoles only. No PC modding community. :(

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

I was gonna praise Nomura for the Advent Children re-designs but it looks like he didn't do them. The movie may have sucked but the music and visuals were very nice I thought. Tifa especially was a lot more respectable with her dress and breast reduction.

Of course, there's also Barret and his mesh shirt.

:gonk:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Walk->Quicksave->Continue->Repeat

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is up with her elongated noodle arms? :psyduck:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
As someone who only knows Zack from the side stuff in FF7 (where his entire character was basically being the base for Cloud's delusion), why is his being #1 a good thing?

Also, which Cid placed? There's one for practically every game.

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 19, 2012

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Baalfrog posted:

Also, why is "this is my story" before "this is your story". I mean Auron was the greatest character in the whole game. Unlike Tidus, Auron has character, he has a proper goal in the game and during the game he is a center of a major plot twist. He is the best thing in the game drat it. What is wrong with people who think Tidus is better than him :/?

I didn't even notice Tidus was on there, and he outranked Auron? What the gently caress, Japan? :psyduck:

Silly Voodoo posted:

Hope and Vaan are both higher than Vivi? I disapprove of this ultimately pointless list! :argh:

Galuf is on there though, that's pretty neat.

Hope, Vaan, and loving Zell are all higher than Vivi. Why are the most annoying characters beating Vivi in a popularity contest?

The female character list is going to be awful, isn't it? :ohdear:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Isn't Vaan the only reason we didn't just start the game as Balthier or a hobo Basche wandering the streets of Rabenastre?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like the remixed FF3 songs they added with Crystal Tower, especially the boss remix. I really hope that the whole CT line ends with a fight against some manifestation of the Cloud of Darkness.

I also want the FF6 dungeon to come.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, I've seen it. In dungeons like Totorak and Stone Vigil you will be physically incapable of going to the boss area while someone is watching the story cutscenes. There will be a barrier that prevents players from starting the encounter.

Was that added in 2.1? I distinctly remember instances where 3 people would fight the boss while the 4th person was watching their story cutscenes.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I don't get this at all. Why is the world map representation the same as what you see when you enter the map in-game? It just looks so awful and out-of-place. :psyduck:

The rest of the cities/towns aren't like this, right? Right? :ohdear:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

[...] it cements in my mind that SE's corporate structure and approach to development is broken.

We're entering Year 8 of Versus XIII's/XV's development, and we still have no idea when we'll see it. Broken is a severe understatement at this point.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ilifinicus posted:

Further FF6 Android trip report: nowhere in the game I've found that tells you what your Blitz inputs are. I've had to guess or Google them.

Blitz inputs were always found on the ability screen. They're not there in this version?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I can't tell if Locke has breasts, a beer belly, or is pregnant. :psyduck:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

This needs to be Monk gear in FF14 right loving now.

I'll settle for it being a boss in the next Castrum-type instance.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone been successful in modding FF4 Steam? Would really love it if they modded it so that it played like every other FF4 release and had none of the bullshit changes.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

Coming soon, the cup noodle expansion. Now every hunt is tied to a reward cup noodle recipe that let's you cook what you just hunted with your cup noodle for exponential amounts of delicious treats.

I've heard there's been serious issues in the beta as none of the testers can seem to find the perfect balance of meat, egg, and shrimp.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

pichupal posted:

I want an XV mod that lets you set Gentiana's photobombing chance to 100%

This, but she makes funny faces and mocking gestures.

ROFL Octopus posted:

You get a dece and badass looking katana for beating it. It’s way worse than endgame greatswords though and its slightly higher HP boost doesn’t matter when you can eat lasagna and get +4000 HP lol.

Shame on you if you don't immediately switch to Cup Noodles for your boy Gladio asap. :colbert:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

So I know FFXV has had a ton of updates since release. Have any of them worked to sort of smooth over the patchwork story presentation, or have all the story additions come in the form of the character-specific DLC episodes? I'm considering jumping in on PC. The story isn't really the most important part here, I guess, given that I've been spoiled on the whole thing by now anyway, but I'm still curious if the presentation of it has improved at all.

They reworked an entire chapter of the game because people complained that it was long and awful during the original release. The Royal Edition (and the Windows release) expands the game's final chapter a bit. There might have been other things, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just spent 20 minutes in Balovue Mine shooting the Aramusha to death with Prompto. Really was quite a painful ordeal, but it's worth it for the Bow of the Clever this early on. Now I can engage in Absolute Bowshit, it's gonna be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Do any of the supplementary materials confirm whether King Regis is the same person as Lord Regis, mayor of the generic city in Sonic 2006?

I need to know this so I can know whether my mod to replace Noctis's bros with Sonic friends can be considered canon.

Would that make Elise the Oracle?