Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Why does everyone want so many dogs, ugh. Dogs are gross and needy. If I could have like two or three more ferrets though, that would be great. Just like a pile of ferrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

notsoape posted:

Speaking of such things, do you have an email address :ninja:

That I do. Malmat.c (at) gmail (dot) com

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Citizen Rat posted:

Cats are nice for dealing with the odd mouse, but honestly they are little poo poo & destruction factories. Dumber than a box of rocks to boot.

My cat is smart -- he knows more tricks then my boyfriend's dog -- and has never actually destroyed a thing in his life. :colbert: Obviously cats know you're a dog person and act accordingly toward you. You will forever be treated with condescension and poo poo by cats, you dog lover.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

RazorBunny posted:

My husband and I are discussing whether or not to continue the treatment after today's dose. There's no signs that the cancer spread beyond the amputated leg, and taking him in every week for bloodwork is starting to be problematic - both from a cost standpoint and because of work issues.

I think we're probably going to stop the chemo, and just be vigilant about any symptoms that might indicate that the cancer has recurred.

:(

I feel you on this. My ferret's insulinoma got so bad it was basically a choice between surgery or putting him down. I opted for surgery then, even knowing that the tumors will grow back. He won't have surgery again, and when his symptoms start to come back he'll only be on meds as long as they can keep him happy and comfortable, but no longer than that. You can treat and treat and treat and treat, but a miserable life spent in and out of the vet's office constantly is no life at all. You guys have done really great by Husker, he's a lucky dawg. :)

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Why does everyone care? It's her dog. If it fucks up his coat, that's her problem and does not even affect the health of the dog. Even if it affects his ability to self-thermoregulate, obviously she's willing to address that.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Got home from work earlier to find some dried blood spots on the floor, including one large patch. The ferrets are all accounted for in their cage and the cat was confirmed to be spotless after a thorough flip-him-around-a-bunch-of-times examination that he did not much care for. At first I was concerned he had peed blood again, but then I realized that my house doesn't smell like cat piss and the scent of the stuff was just coppery.

The obvious explanation is that the cat hurt himself somehow and diligently cleaned all the evidence off himself to save face, but wasn't willing to lick the floor clean. He's got an impenetrable poker face, though, so I doubt I'll ever get the truth out of him. :colbert:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

SuperTwo posted:

If I could combine the two I'd have the world's most perfect dog.

Or more likely, the world's worst dog. Stupid, stubborn, and unsnuggly.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

paisleyfox posted:

I think the picture is from Taiwan? I don't really know, one of my fb friends who speaks Chinese was translating it on a breeder's "wtf" share. v:shobon:v

BONUS~!

A webpage for a online Shiba breeder. http://www.myshiba.com/Shiba-Inu-Shedding

They have 25 breeding females and 5 studs. :psyduck:

Who all live outside in crates, therefore no shedding. :downs:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Aravenna posted:

MSNBC is having a Lock Up marathon today (it's a documentary reality show about prisons) and the one that was just on had a segment about a cat adoption program at one of the prisons. The prisoners, even ones on death row, adopt a cat from a local shelter. It saves a cat's life and gives the prisoners something to focus on that will give them affection and companionship. Prison kitties. :3:

I love seeing that on the show. Even murderers love kitties. Almost everything they do is to make their cat happy.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Skizzles posted:

Wake up your dog.

Also I leave you with this picture of an indignant Trophy I stole from Gar's G+:

Trophy is basically a Pixar character. Fuggin' magical.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Does anyone else ever have issues while browsing Penis Land of their pets getting envious? I just want to tell all the adorable pretty kitties (and the occasional tiny pom-pom dog) on screen how beautiful they are and also that I love them, and my cat keeps getting all up in my grill thinking that I'm talking to him or that I should be.

YOU ARE NOT A PRETTY CAT LIKE THE ONES ON THE INTERNET. GEEZ, LEAVE ME ALONE. <:mad:>

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Or antlers, if you can get them. Very stick-like.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

I present to you: animals with bows.

My boyfriend's dog, who does not like the bow of shame. :saddowns:

My cat, who is a dapper fucker and gives no fucks about wearing things.

Also, they both have so much love for the magical land of ~outside~.

Cat loves the new house we just moved into because there are windowsills to sit on.

Dog also enjoys watching nothing go by out the window.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:3::3: It may sound weird I know but this is the best loving thing to do. It's even better when the cat just accepts it and glares at you, or doesn't even look up and just kinda clenches his paw and squeezes your fingertip, like Tux does :kimchi:

I can confirm that this is the best. It's great having a cat that lets you mess with him. Dem feets. :3:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

TVs Ian posted:

Can you be moved out now and save that puppy please? Not gonna lie, it makes my gut clench to think what your parents might/could/would do to/with him as long as he's in that house.

No, she needs to wait a few months until they are sick of the dog for being a dog. They need to think it was their idea to foist Gumbo (best name) off on her.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Bash Ironfist posted:

Frankie ... House Gremlin

Now I'm just imagining him living in the basement, coming out only after everyone has left to clean up the scraps left behind, squinting at the light as it shines down into his mismatched eyes.

:solanadumb:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Any time anyone in my office brings up some pet-related problem (aforementioned sago palm, my recent adventure with ticks, etc), one of my coworkers always has the helpful suggestion of getting rid of the offending pet. I'm sorry you hate animals so much, lady.

When she says this poo poo, let her know that next time she makes a mistake she's just going to be fired for being a hassle. "Oh, you formatted the cells wrong in this spreadsheet. We're going to have to let you go, that was mildly annoying."

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

notsoape posted:

K I actually shut down the thread because really I don't want to a) upset or b) incur the wrath of dogladies :tinfoil:

Actually, I wanted to ask something in that thread but never got around to it. I think the article said one (or more) of the dogs had been there for 18 months. If I'm even remembering correctly, is something like that common? I get that show people may have lots of dogs, but it seems dumb to own a pet you never have around, even if it is only a trophy dog.

e: I would love for the dogladies to pay $10 to sign up so they can berate us. That always works out so well for people.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

notsoape posted:

It is pretty rare in the UK and Ireland, but more common in the USA. It's basically for people who don't have the time to 'special'/'campaign' their show dogs across the US or Europe or whatnot, so they pay a pro-handler $$$ to do it and take care of all the grooming, training, conditioning etc. Pro-handlers also have way more weight in the ring, so for people who want their dogs to be 'winningest' (that's apparently a real word, who knew) its pretty important that they're shown by the pros. I can't imagine sending a dog of mine away for one month let alone eighteen, but different strokes etc.

So basically, they want all the glory and titles for putting two dogs together to gently caress, then foisting the results off on someone else to make the winning happen. That is certainly a thing.

:black101: BURN THE SHOW RING TO THE GROUND :black101:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

demozthenes posted:

I've never seen a Catahoula outside of a working home here in New England, but they are becoming a fad breed, so I expect we'll see hundreds of high-strung understimulated ones in shelters within a year or so. It's a shame, really, I like them and they are real workhorses and good all-around woods dogs in general. When I see a merle dog that isn't an Aussie cross, I just assume that they were some backyard bred designer mutt; merle seems to be the ~rare~ fad color of the moment.

Well, they ought to just ship up a bunch from the south, because I'm agreeing with Super that they're everywhere down there.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

CompactFanny posted:

I'm a straight female whale who has five ferrets, 2 rats and 2 cats. Uhh, I don't know. Am I secretly a dickgirl? :saddowns:

:hf:

Three ferrets and a cat. By all accounts, I should be smelly, obsessed with anime, and painfully single. Wanna come over and watch Sailor Moon OMG KAWAIII DESU~~~

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

demozthenes posted:

Good old Massachusetts just passed a law banning breed-specific legislation statewide, so of course our local neocon tabloid went off the rails about it, Nancy Grace style. But...is it just me? Or does the omgvicious pit bull plastered across the front page of thousands of papers statewide look more like a Staff than an APBT? I'm not quite the pibble nerd that other posters are but that face looks pretty Staff-y to me.

Either way, Menino going all :qq: is always good for a laugh.

vvv He's also been bathing in self-tanner lately, it makes him even more clownish.

Loling at the comments about LOCKING JAWS and ONLY VICIOUS THUGS (minorities with tattoos) OWN PIT BULLS.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

cryingscarf posted:

Has anyone here gotten a barkbox before? I finally ordered my first one for Dex after months of debate and now I cannot wait for it to get here. I am a fool for mystery items :(

One of the bloggers I follow gets them, and they always look so awesome. It's a good combination of toys and treats, including ones that will keep them busy for a while like antlers. If I was employed, I'd totally sign up for my boyfriend's dog.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

I'll just tattoo it on my face and then when anyone asks if Moses was a bait dog I can just mash my face against theirs until they get really uncomfortable and leave.

Yesterday, I saw one of those tiny smug SUVs with a bnch of ~I RESCUED A PIT BULL~ stickers all over it, and my eyes almost rolled out of my head. Brb, going down to the shelter to adopt an oops litter dog without so much as a scuff on it that was dumped because people got bored of it so I can get my sanctimony on.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Super Dong Island: Revenge Of Penis Land.

Way funnier than anything is allowed to be. Also, please no. :(

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Kerfuffle posted:

Ahaha what. That dog looks completely fine. He could use some more muscle mass, but body fat wise it looks appropriate. SEVERELY UNDERWEIGHT.

SEVERELY NOT YET OBESE

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Chido posted:

No! I refuse to watch that show because then people will make fun of my nieces and I dressing up the chickens :ohdear:

Dressing up animals is a crucial part of childhood...and sometimes adulthood.

I paint my boyfriend's dog's nails, so I speak from experience.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Captain Foxy posted:

I MUST BARK BUT SOFTLY SO NO ONE WILL SAY NO BUT STILL LOUD ENOUGH SO THAT THE OFFENDING PERSON KNOWS I WILL KILL THEM

Sounds like my boyfriends dog.

IF I BARK QUIETLY IT DOESN'T COUNT

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Friends on Facebook just posted asking if anyone wants their pug.

"We don't have as much time for her anymore." They just had a baby, but have had the dog for at least two years.

"She's wee-wee pad trained." So you don't even walk her and somehow don't have time for her?

Ugh.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Captain Foxy posted:

How does a pug take up any time at all? It's like a floor rug that wheezes and farts occasionally.

Oh I get it, they never actually housetrained it so it's probably making GBS threads and pissing all over their house and they 'don't have time' for that anymore. WELP SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK WILL WANT THIS :downs:

I mean, I'm assuming this is the case. I've never met anyone whose dog uses wee-wee pads accurately.

Also, who wants a pile of dogshit sitting on the floor waiting for you to clean it up? My boyfriend's dog poo poo in the house once and he cleaned it up immediately, but the house stunk like rear end until we aired it out.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Asstro Van posted:

Maybe the couple realized that when your dog is "wee wee pad trained" it's only a matter of time before you find your toddler playing with fistfuls of poop.

Thanks for that image. :barf:

Send me this cutie, plzkthx.

e: the puppy not the gargoyle

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

pastor of muppets posted:

But goddamn, why do I have to feel so bad about saying no to an adorable puppy? :smith:

But it looked really healthy! You obviously missed out on a good thing :downs:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Springly posted:

So I found out about Dog Shaming today, and it was pretty funny for a bit, though some were like 'aw your dog has seperation anxiety/needs exercise. And then....

:psyduck:

Kibble with cheese on top? :barf:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

cryingscarf posted:

I just saw this on FB and I don't believe I have seen it mentioned on PI yet! Apparently this dane is the new wold's tallest dog. I cannot stop staring at how funky his body structure is, especially his mile long straight front legs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/great-dane-michigan-named-world-tallest-dog-article-1.1158804

Watching him walk is painful. :(

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

RazorBunny posted:

The thing that has always baffled me about people who go to those lengths to win is that they're essentially admitting failure - breeding alone can't get what they're aiming for, so they have to resort to extraordinary means to get the look they want. Why would anyone want to breed from an animal whose physical appearance was surgically or otherwise altered? It can't be passed on to offspring.

Maybe they're ascribing to the Lamarckian inheritence theory of genetics?

That is to say, maybe they're really loving dumb.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Fraction posted:

Person #3: 'If ur dog is a nipper n isnt good with children/ppl or other dogs then they aint trained properly. GOOD OWNERS HAVE GOOD DOGS......SIMPLE!!!'

:downs:

Good owners have good dogs, guys!!!!

The amount of people who believe this is sad. When we were arguing about my cat and his dog not getting along perfectly, I asked my boyfriend if he thought a dog that didn't like other dogs was just a bad dog. You know, as opposed to having its own limitations that you need to work around. He basically believes that dogs that aren't good with other dogs are bad dogs not worth having. Nevermind that they can't help the way they are and if they are kept properly it won't ever be a big issue, but animals that can't get along like it's some kind of ~magical peaceful world where everything gets along~ are bad animals. :downs: It's annoying because he's a really intelligent person, and if he can't even have rational thoughts on the subject and acknowledge that animal behaviors are really more complex than that and vary between individuals, there's really no hope for the general population.

By the way, my cat is bad and I should be punishing him when he lashes out at the dog in fear (complete with terror pissing). Also, the dog is crated during the day when no one is home, why can't the cat be locked in the bathroom with his dishes and litterbox? So much :downs:, boyfriend.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

gently caress All Dogges Forever And Ever.

My boyfriend's dog snores like a pig and smells like a butt. My cat sleeps on his face cutely and smells like nothing. :smug:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

necessary voodoo posted:

Shelters seem to either go full PIBBLES ARE POOR MISUNDERSTOOD ANGELS THAT JUST NEED TO BE TAUGHT FIGHTIN IS WRONG AND SAVED FROM THEMSELVES :qq: :qq: or just what no that's not a pitbull it's a boxer lab healer akita mix what are you talking about!!!

:byodame: THEY JUST NEED TO FIND JESUS :angel:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

Ohman I am looking forward to Deaf Dog Progress Reports. I would scream impotently at a deaf dog until I imploded so watching people that can actually deal with them fascinates the hell out of me.

Sometimes it's nice having a deaf pet. I know my ferret wouldn't listen to me anyway, so I like to pretend that he would be totally obedient and good if it wasn't for his deafness holding him back. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

You guys, let me tell you how dumb my cat is.

He's a fat pig food whore who scarfs down his food in .4 seconds, so he barfs every few days from eating too goddamn fast. If I don't get to the barf within about 10 minutes to clean it up, he will re-eat it. :downs: The other day, he barfed in the litterbox and I didn't realize -- this is going exactly where you think it's going.

That fat moron ate his own barf out of the box he pisses and shits in. He also ate a good amount of litter apparently, and I realized all of this when he barfed it all up again. Animals this dumb don't survive in the wild.

• Locked thread