Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6G2E8dgWU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Powercrazy posted:

Yea victorian era industry was pretty cool.

they really knew how to build poo poo back then too. there are steam engines that ran 24/7 for decades without ever requiring a single component replacing.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

bob arctor posted:

when they were talking about the four horsemen of the apocalypse people just got that poo poo wrong cause no one said they'd all pastel colours and poo poo.

death's horse is pale green in the original greek

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

depends how many brown plastic gears he has glued to his oilskins

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

shitfarter

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

a broadway performer and a broadway critic! oh god what possible interest could these totally different people have in common?!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

maniacdevnull posted:

idk, the idea of worf having to hit up internet strangers for money because he doesn't have 28k seems kinda sadder. the man spent like 10 years on two tv shows and then went on to be in 4 movies

yeah, like 15 years ago.

i mean tv/movies can pay well, but at his level it's not "never have to work again" well

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Resplendent Spiral posted:

No more like

*This is frame 3,753 of simpsons episode 12 in season 4, as you can see the coloring has a very brief shift in tint and

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

So Wikipedia then

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

so whats to stop me from making a kickstarter for something nerds will pay good money for and then going "cya later shitlords" and keeping the cash for myself?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Ian McLean posted:

Seriously go gently caress yourself man. What do you think this thing is: https://class.coursera.org/algo-2012-002/class/index

loving sick of negativity from stupid mother fuckers that don't even know what they are talking about.

Go gently caress yourself. Tired of being mocked by people here. Statpedia was doing just fine without all you mother fuckers giving me a hard time.

You all need to just play this video over and over again until your brain melts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wui-PNqJrxs Then after you watch that video, consider the concept of embracing positive constructive feedback.

You loving people are just bringing negativity in my life that I do not need. Someone mentioned bipolar... well no I am not bipolar. Being on these forums is like someone just constantly jabbing you in the side with a sharp stick. Just loving jabbing and jabbing and jabbing you in the side. This is the point where I snap, and say gently caress off.

When I am not on here, just expect me to be learning and researching stuff like this: http://www.dwavesys.com/en/dev-tutorials.html so that I will continue to stay ahead of the game. gently caress you and your primitive algorithms.

I will be a billionaire. Statpedia is the most beautiful search engine on the market. Search results are displayed on search for anyone to see without even having to click on anything, and time is only going to make this display better. Statpedia is first class. And when the statpedia code is reused with a landing page showing a different logo than "Statpedia", this search engine will be the foundation for any niche search topic on the internet.

Then, once there is all these micro niche search engines for varying topics, I can bring them all together for the macro search, and make more money than Google because my search is better, more intelligent, more beautiful, and cleaner.

So go gently caress yourself man. I need to afford my $50 million dollar house in Laguna Beach before the age of 30 or my entire life on this planet is loving worthless.

Just for the record... there isn't anywhere nicer on this planet in terms of weather, food, beautiful women, and nice stuff than Orange County and some parts of North County San Diego. UCI is in my opinion the best campus in Southern California. I can go anywhere for school. I am not surrounded by ghetto LA scum like USC. I loving hate LA. They are trash and full of fakeness. UCSD... I loving hate eucalyptus trees. Those things just pollute their poo poo everywhere. I might as well be living in India or China going to UCSD with all those lovely eucalyptus leaf droppings everywhere comparable to people letting their children poo poo on the streets.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2012/one-hundred-under-fifty That's right... UCI is ranked 4th in the world, and best in the country for universities under the age of 50.

If I want to go to Stanford... I don't even have to apply to Stanford. How? Here is one possibility: Nicely say to someone that I want to study at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, and it is probably not much more than filling out a few documents and being in good academic standing. Then... if I am up at Stanford, all I have to do is show that I am likable and competent to right person, and I am in their school (IF I WANT TO GO THERE). Not that Statpedia isn't interesting enough on its own to probably get me in Stanford; even if they do not see the full vision. Where did the previous director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center get his PHD from in Elementary Particle Physics? UCI.

Time management? I have set up Statpedia in such a way where it runs itself. I hardly have to lift a finger leaving my schedule completely open so that I can do whatever I want while it continues to grow in size and scope. Even now with what has been developed, the amount of statistics entered into statpedia 50 years from now is incomprehensible. There is a statistic for every possible thing on this planet. How many cats are in your neighborhood, how many fruits and vegetables the average person ate in 1952, if you look around your room I am sure you can see something that you can make a statistic out of. The foundation has now been established so that anyone in the world can upload a statistic of anything thinkable.

Even if I do not know everything, I will continue to hire and work alongside intelligent people to get things where they need to be.

It won't be brains that get me there, I can assure you that. Who earns the big bucks and why? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59-C4hZJ8o

I will be at the top of the food chain whether or not anyone chooses to acknowledge so.

For all of you who have been nice to me along the way, I say thank you, and apologize for this post.

R.I.P. Ian on shitstarter forums. Peace.

i'm sorry too

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

now go home and get your loving shine box

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

mods namechange posted:

can i have this in stat form

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Ian McLean posted:

So... do you guys actually think I might have a shot if I ramp up this profile and seriously put some effort into it? https://angel.co/statpedia

no, because your silly website is a stupid idea to begin with

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ian, who do you think is going to use statpedia? because academics aren't going to touch it with a bargepole. so you're basically aiming at lazy journalists, and people who need one more useless "fact" to pad out their latest tedious fwd: fwd: fwd: email

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

SporkOfTruth posted:

e: anteater snype

MODS!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Ian please do not end your saga. I've been following this thread since u got here and i want a conclusion.

conclusion: ian died on the way back to his home planet

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Vicas posted:

i wanna see ian work in a steel mill. he'd probably come up with a new way of making the steel in about a week and get all pissed when no one listens to him about it revolutionizing the industry.

no he'd come up with the idea of coming up with a new way to make steel. then he'd expect people to give him money while someone else came up with the actual idea

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Fabricated posted:

Good job at starting on stuff you should've had done before you ever put your kickstarter up.

no way! coming up with the name and what it looks like is the hard part. making the hardware is just boring details, you can do that poo poo in three months tops. i guess you're just not an ideas guy

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

has anyone suggested throwing ouyas out of helicopters yet?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Ian McLean posted:

Can this forum be hidden somehwere. All these pictures and this thing are showing up everywhere on google when I search for statpedia. I am going to cry.

maybe you should have worked on your lovely little site more instead of just slapping "Founder and CEO of statpedia" all over your online profiles and then going round begging for money

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

duckfarts posted:

sex with yospos is like waiting for godot

waiting for GOD! OH! :gizz:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

sorry guys, it turned out to be more complicated than copypasting the arm core a bunch of times in the fpga software. thanks for all the money though

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

did you try installing ubuntu?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol this guy is in the military

a literal childe soldier

are you really surprised, considering the military is basically for people too stupid to get into the police?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

30 times more than statpedia got

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

so god made the human body using haskell?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Proteus4994 posted:

i kinda want it to get funded just to see what ian shits out with his funding.

e: i mean i know it'll be nothing but still, wanna see it

he will add "experience with attracting venture capital" to his remume

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

Werthog posted:

FINALLY, A CRASS GIRAFFE

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

sports posted:

ian buy all of the old lehman bros paperwork and put it in statpedia

then you would attract attention from whistleblowers

might need a bit more than $323 for that

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

ian, be honest. are both the $100 backers you?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

:ssh: nobody tell them that robocop was about what a shithole detroit is

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

TURBO BUTTON posted:

at my last job the boss got machine learning mixed up with distance learning and kept trying to get me to do one of those stanford online courses about machine learning

i kept telling him that it was entirely irrelevant for someone writing bank software in rails but he kept pulling a face and going "hrm, no, i really think you should learn this, it looks useful"

i went to college with someone who had to give a 20 minute presentation about security in online banking. he got confused over what a "firewall" was, and so spent 15 minutes talking about sprinkler systems and fire-proof building techniques

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

people said losethos was the most boring crazy person ever. ian proved them wrong

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

axolotl farmer posted:

god says i will be a millionaire
god says please give me $20,000
god says please give me $500

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i liked the bit where someone pestered him for ten pages to post his drawings, then he posted this

...and claimed it only looks bad because his scanner broke and the camera loses some of the fine details.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

"i don't have time to draw both arms, this code i found on pastebin won't steal itself!"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

flyboi posted:

will wheaton...glorified blogging about nothing

and this is a surprise because

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

flyboi posted:

oh my god this is hilarious that kickstarter is such a scam all they're doing is burning the "fixed" rom that's out on the internet to cartridges and cashing out

quote:

AN NES CARTRIDGE

are there really people who say NES as en-ee-ess? lmao

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

the official pronunciation of GIF is "jif" but that doesn't make it correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

flyboi posted:

all his final builds use eeproms which still, suck total rear end and die after 10-15 years

they don't die after 10 years, that's just what the manufacturer guarantees the contents for.

there's no real reason they won't last 30+

• Locked thread