Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

prefect posted:

just like the reebok, pepsi, and pizza hut ads that they "were making fun of"

actually taking the money is the best part of the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

also not as funny as when lf bought that dude khakis

when/what was this

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol, I found our government agent

the government can't afford my yospos-approved figgies count

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

all mahabis products (including slippers and soles) are designed for comfort and relaxation at home; these are slippers and not shoes.

they are designed to be worn indoors and for light outdoor use ONLY (such as collecting the bins, nipping to the garden etc.). In particular, the detachable soles are designed for light outdoor use ONLY. Any use beyond this is at your own risk.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ok so people are spending $110 for a space game space ship

what does that $110 actually buy you? is it even possible to play the game?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jeesis posted:

Is this worth posting about? It looks like yet another single board computer with a arm chip. But this time they have a laptop. No idea why you would want a laptop with a arm chip though.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

bunny already did it better

https://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3657

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Endless Mike posted:

why do male characters get a bonux to anal intrusion?

"accustomed to anal sex"

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

enotnert posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/screechdragon/loaded-dice?ref=thanks_share

this came across facebook tonight. . . tl;dr

"high rolls mean more, so let's make pint glasses, and make nerds think it's cool to chug a pint everytime they need to roll a dice"

on the bright side, increased alcohol poisoning

like playing d&d doesnt already result in excess beer consumption

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mister Sinewave posted:

If I had presold a shitload of widgets and now China dude was promising me they could make for "under $10 each, totally" but I presold them for like $14, I'd be breaking out in a nervous sweat and breathing into a paper bag.

what spread would you need to feel comfortable

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Endless Mike posted:

honda ridgelines are exactly what consumer trucks should be (except like 10-20% smaller)

Sagebrush posted:

yep. that's why no one buys em.

e: like americans in general, basically every car on the market today would benefit from being 10-20% smaller, too.

the honda ridgeline is a fwd minivan platform with a couple of braces welded in so it doesn't turn into a pretzel the first time you try to tow something

despite its considerably limited capabilities, it gets worse gas mileage than an actual body-on-frame truck from general motors

edit:

2016 ford f-150 (full size pickup)
19/26 city/hwy mpg

2016 gmc canyon (midsize pickup)
22/31 city/hwy mpg

2017 honda ridgeline (minivan)
19/26 city/hwy mpg

(the ridgeline also costs more than a canyon or an f150!)

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 29, 2016

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

this time it's not quite as loving stupid though

they're laying tiles in a pedestrian square, where motor vehicles will only occasionally drive over them (for maintenance etc)

maybe the technology will turn out to be useful after all

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
smartwatch sales down 51% year on year

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

a clause like that only protects you from that specific factory from selling knockoffs. any other factory you didn't sign a contract with can make whatever they want unless you've filed for an invention or design patent

but why would they make something on their own when they can just run a second shift on the original production line and claim it's an entirely separate business enterprise with no connection to the first factory's beneficial owners

since the courts don't really work in china, people get pretty loving shameless about contract terms

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

i suspect a lot of the stories of foreign companies getting owned in china come from people who were basically shooting from the hip and hoping for the best instead of consulting actual lawyers with relevant experience beforehand

in countries where the courts work properly, showing up and shooting from the hip actually works

that's why people complain about contract enforcement in china, and not, say, the united states or germany

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

if anyone is actually interested in this type of thing you should read china law blog

funny you should mention it

here's a choice pull from the most recent article on china law blog

quote:

yesterday, one of our China lawyers got a similar email from a foreign buyer asking us essentially the same question. I discussed all of this with co-blogger Steve Dickinson and his response was “that’s what’s so cool about Chinese companies. They tell you what they are going to do. These two Chinese companies are saying if you don’t choose us we will steal your product. The choice is up to you. It’s up to our clients to listen”

I guess that is true. To which I can only ask whether you our readers agree that doing business in China and with China is only getting tougher.

there's the last ten years in chinese civil law development, right there: they used to just steal your product and not warn you. now they threaten you with ip theft up front.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fishmech posted:

no, i'm pretty sure showing up to court int he US with no clue about local law tends to work lovely

if i make a contract with a manufacturer in the u.s. i can count on its fair and equitable enforcement whether or not i have any local allies in the area. worst case scenario: i have to hire a local lawyer

the situation just aint that pretty in guangzhou. you need extensive expertise and advice, local and overseas, just to avoid being ripped off from the outset

edit: gently caress, fart simpson appears to be one of these people who actually does scm or contracts management and still denies there is a problem?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Synthbuttrange posted:

gosh mom its an exciter not a speaker!

you want a loudspeaker membrane to be as light as possible. the ideal membrane would be masless, just moving air around without dampening anything with its own inertia

what do you think happens to audio quality when you use, for example, a 100 lb wooden tabletop as a membrane?

i remember people trying this poo poo with window glass, and it kinda worked. i can't imagine it works worth poo poo with a table or a wall or whatever

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sweevo posted:

it's dildo shaggins

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cocoa Crispies posted:

don't some cities have compost collection separate from trash and recyclables?

collections for compost, not collections of compost.

(i don't need to process all my garbage into compost before i give it to the garbage service to process into compost.)

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

pr0zac posted:

good lord that lady in the background of that image has some skinny arms

why did they shoot it with the model entering/exiting the bathroom!?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Alan Smithee posted:

Can someone please explain me the difference between liberalism and neoliberalism thanks

great society vs the trilateral commission

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lol it uses non-standard bag refills

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sniep posted:

weren't those awful? the rich ppl I knew growing up seemed to hate theirs and I don't know anyone now who has one

you have to buy special bags, and taking your trash out less often is a terrible mis-feature

who wants to pay money to have a garbage can that smells 10x worse than usual?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shifty Pony posted:

the people you have to watch out for are war re-enactors. they are the people that will do things like demand the black guy be assigned to digging the latrine ditch instead of playing an officer because that's more realistic.

civil war re-enactors disturb me on a fundamental level. people who sign up to spend days at a time pretending to be traitors fighting for the continuance of human bondage should probably be arrested on the spot just for the sake of public safety

see also: wwii re-enactors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

JawnV6 posted:

horrific supply chain that kills workers, needlessly specced when a cheaper non-food-grade plastic would do fine

I want to know more

post more

• Locked thread