Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ahmeni posted:

lol switching to an ecig is not quitting smoking

you can say whatever you want, and i'll know how much better i feel

also, gently caress you for being the dick that actually pipes up with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

anthonypants posted:

we pre-sold a bunch of product for way less than it costs to make them and all we need to fulfill those orders is another $15 million, and that's why we need vc money

hehehehe enjoy ur model 3 preorders fellas :wink:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wikipedia nerds have done the work

quote:

As a result, at least 192 litres (51 US gal) of sea water per minute would have to be passed through the system, and this system would not work in anoxic water.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yes its one of the most dangerous things in common use today and will never ever ever be flown on international flights so if you want to make a side business selling the o2 carts hilariously marked up dockside in the Bahamas, you could stack paper

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
heres one intended for emergencies i think

basically its a solved problem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

i was dumping air at regular intervals

stealing this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

in fact one of life's underappreciated pleasures is farting in a wet suit. depending on which way you're facing you get to feel it either work its way up your back, between your shoulderblades, and out of your neck seal (or into your hood), or if you're head down you get to feel it climb up your leg and out your leg hole or into your boot

quote:

Later on, trying to deal as best I could, wiping my rear end at every opportunity, I discovered another wonderful use for rear end-hair - ventilation. I attempted to launch a fart, only to have it get stuck between my asscheeks. Apparently, with no hair, the two pink twins can get vacuum sealed together, and the result was a frustrating fart that slid up and down between my cheeks like a lost gerbil.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
k2 has a 20% fatality rate

everest is the central park of mountains

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
And i mean, sharks, i suspect theyre a fairly solved problem no? Super lean optimized minmax fish-to-poop converters, pretty much, right?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
byford dolphin and sl-1 are my two favorite

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i read and reread that social autopsy thing and all i got was a bunch of back patting on how awesome they were to be Chicks In Tech or whatever, and I have no idea what the product is or does.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the tactical top thing is super funny b/c dudes literally ran out of gadgets to carry around so they reinvented some

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

keyboard vomit posted:

Why do nerds want a chunk of metal to sit on their desk

sometimes real engineers that build something real will take a little trimming of an I-beam or a spare bolt from a bridge or building they help design, and turn it into a desk ornament or paperweight.

this is cargo culting of that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

*tosses fedora on rack, missing it*
this, m'lady, is my every day carry top

the more horrible realization is that i think that some of them carry it as a nod to Inception

like its EDCing a blue and red pill

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

no slippery dick, voted 1

turn ur monitor off!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what i don't hear from a billion startup kids and people in older dwellings: "Man i want a god drat smart air conditioner with an app"

What i do hear from them: "i want an air conditioner that works with a casement window"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

maniacdevnull posted:

When I lived in a basement apartment I just took the entire window out and tapped up cardboard from an old coke box #lifehack

i just built a thing like this, 1/4" ply. i put it in the emergency egress window in the back of the bus and used vatozone hood pins to keep a quick release thing in case of fire

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

surebet posted:

aluminium in cars is good (more predictable crumple pattern iirc & rust resistance) but lomarf at making any kind of blade with it

that thing is going to have the durability of wet toilet paper

I think its a bit situational maybe. like iirc aluminum taken closer to / over a deflection/load threshold gets like super-weakened compared to a piece of steel that hits the same loading per unit of strength? if that makes any sense?

like with the aluminum rails on the pickups, sure they'll be great as long as you never wail on it, but the first time you did the whole drop-a-spool-from-a-crane-thing like they do in the truck commercials, the Al frame is ruined strength-wise, whereas the steel one's just bent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fishmech posted:

i want someone to bring back those early 90s laptop trackballs that snapped onto the side of the device

hell fuckin _yes_ trackman ps/2 supremacy

remember when we didnt understand ergonomics or computers at the same time and put trackballs on the screen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god drat it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
1.7 billion solar road cells all individually tweeting that their subscription has expired please click here to renew

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
:awesome: i've done the math and the only thing it'll see is tire pressure, my tesla clocks in at 34 psi and this solar panel can take 75 :awesome:

semi truck with 18x100psi tires and a 45,000 pound load shows up in town

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That whole concept is really loving stupid and dude's just trying to get everybody to pay off his spot welder.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

soup dispenser
moooods

"strolls over to breakroom for a couple of pumps of clam chowder*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

is that the movie with the clearly attractive girl that is positioned as "ugly" because she wears glasses and overalls, or a different one

or is it the one with the punk motorcycle dude that is a secret poet

youre thinking of She's All That. 10 things is a taming of the shrew remake

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just buy a fuckin keffiyeh ffs, they have 9000 colors and look rad as hell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah its not that horrible. my trifecta for this era is 10 things, mean girls and but i'm a cheerleader

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it also literally exists today sold by another company for cheaper than he's asking

https://www.missioncritical.cc/products/babycarrier

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Syncopated posted:

adult babies who listen to witch house? that probaly does exist dude

C H ∆ N G Σ M Σ D ∆ D D †

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also a good one yes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BattleMaster posted:

I'm having a hard time understanding why they couldn't have put all four sensor types in one generic unit instead of having to be cute with 4 different models with cute names that individually do very little

and that is why you aren't a product director at a kickstarter wank factory

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

I can't tell you how important it is to have up to the minute reports of the temperature of your refrigerator

paranoid super cynical worst-cyberpunk-future-reality devils advocate:

remember there are now smart fridges that offer software control and no airgap between the internet and the temperature controller system, including provisions on some models to do a full on compressor reversal for a defrost cycle.

What if you needed a realtime IoT thermometer to make sure alt-right people didnt get offended by a tweet and retaliated by turning your fridge up above food-safe temperatures for 3 hours in the middle of the night, for weeks or months at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Endless Mike posted:

knowing the temperature and humidity of your humidor is a good thing, though not so much that you need anything more than a cheap $10 digital temp/humidity gauge with a digital display that you can check once in awhile (as long as it's closed, neither will differ too much with even passive humidifiers). that it doesn't do the latter makes it kinda pointless for that application

just make a turkey type thermometer that goes in your humidor and pops up THROW THESE OUT if it gets out of range

• Locked thread