Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nomnom Cookie posted:

gently caress you it looks neat

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
grandma's basement.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cause ur hosed in the head

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
chipotle and whole foods (lol) both use sour cream in their guac and its loving disgusting

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

get yer some avocados
mash em
chop some onions
chop some tomatoes
add em
add some lemon juice
stir
chop some green onions
scatter on top
add paprika

ta fuckin da it takes about 5 minutes

also garlic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
:argh:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'll do it, can't be any worse than modding GBS - apart from the occasional 'neuter the poor' shaggposting the 'Pos isn't grotesquely right wing white privilege male libertarian.

neutering the poor would do more good for them than probably anything else. they wouldn't have to waste money on kids they cant afford who will also eventually become poors because their parents cannot fully support them.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bob's burgers is pretty good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I never watched arrested development cause it has way too much of an internet following like community or firefly

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that lockitron thing is actually pretty cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

well yeah it's a $200 gadget that saves you the utterly plebian task of using your keys, who else is it for?

it would be really useful for multiuser places where you don't want to hand out keys to everyone and don't want to spend the money on installing a keypad, or worse an rf system. but yeah for home users its in the same category as the nest. also ur right about the alignment issue.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

"the problem with French presses is they break and that's wasteful! so we used a mason jar so when it breaks you can just throw it out and get another!"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
plus you get to go to space

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

when the americans came back from mir, the doctors wanted to study the effects of long-term spaceflight (b/c the russians never really gave a crap about it and admitted they had just been using our old skylab data) and wanted the returning astronauts to stay still and not get up when the shuttle landed.

the hilarious thing is that contrary to initial expectations, the presumably macho military pilots were the guys who were the best at doing what they were told, and it was some of the scientist-astronauts who tried to be macho and "walk off of the shuttle" despite it totally skewing their medical data.

idk why that's surprising. of course the military pilots are gonna be more disciplined.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

Oh yeah, and here's a must-watch for 90's pinheads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJi0G_2VYA

related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvHvW5Yci34

this chick owns.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
only an idiot uses chopsticks in a world where forks exist.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"bluhhh bluhh bluuhh but my ~AuThEnTiC~ experience" :qq::qq::qq::qq::qq: - some whiney rear end nerd using chipsticks.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smart Car posted:

i just use chopsticks like a real 'merican by just shoving them into the meat

using them as a makeshift fork is acceptable if ur hard up for proper forks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

chopsticks promote slower eating and thus help with weight loss

sorry your fingers are so loving fat you need a literal shovel to get as much food into your mouth as possible

no they don't. the portions you're gonna be lifting into your face hole are gonna be the same unless ur eating something like rice which means your a poor bastard eating garbage.

chopsticks only exist because poor Asian people could only afford to grab some stick off the ground instead of buying proper utensils

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

knife in left, fork in right, anything else is dumb

wrong. knife in right, fork in left when cutting. switch fork back to right when not cutting and place knife on plate.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

flyboi posted:

b-b-b-but im left handed :ohdear:

then do the reverse

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i want to see shaggar take an hour to eat a steak

swap fork hand, pick up knife, cut, put knife gently on plate, switch fork to other hand, take bite
swap fork hand, pick up knife, cut, put knife gently on plate, switch fork to other hand, take bite

alternatively cut your entire steak up at once like a literal infant

I will usually slice a bit off the steak that I then cut into bite sized chunks. I then eat them along w/ w/e sides are w/ my steak.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or if I just want to pound the steak I will leave the knife in my right hand and use the fork in left to both hold the steak in place whilst cutting and to lift it into my mouth.

the act of switching hands both slows the experience and makes you look like you aren't there to shovel the food into your face as fast as possible. Letting you enjoy you're company.

Of course, if you are in England where the food is mush you would likely just fist grab a fork and knife and use them as shovels.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

dur posted:

i was gonna let this slide, but we left-handers need to speak up against dexteronormative bigotry like this. guys please choose your words a little more carefully in the future because this kind of stuff is really hurtful. thank and god bless.

left handed deviants can simply switch the two. this is good because it allows you to easily identify them when they would otherwise try to hide their genetic abnormalities.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

uh, the portions you're gonna be lifting into your face hole are gonna be the same

its the speed that's different. in addition it is polite to put your knife down when conversing w/ those at the table.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yes. I was correcting you that my post was about speed not quantity. putting your knife down and switching slows the dining experience.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

titanium spork in one hand, star trek pizza cutter in the other. both available from thinkgeek - stuff for smart masses

my parents got me a star trek pizza cutter for christmas. It owns.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

penus de milo posted:

americans discover microbrews, naturally assume they're the best at doing that along with everything else ever

its a safe assumption

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

tl;dr: a bunch of different americans independently claim they invented the hamburger in the late 19th century

it may or may not be an American invention, but America definitely perfected it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

who the gently caress cares about olds and cripples

that's the main demo for buses

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bespoke hotdogs are poo poo. Hebrew National or nothing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
overpaying for hotdogs is a uniquely sf/ny thing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

that stands for Lesbian Girls with Big Tits, right?

yeah that's always been my understanding

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
being on salary owns cause i only actually work like 10 hours a week maaaybe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
neil young loving sucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

penus de milo posted:

i think it's really perverse to be coming up with unobtrusive protective equipment that you can wear at all times to reduce injuries, it kind of implies that getting hit by a car is an inevitable and expected part of cycling

i dunno it feels like someone marketing a stab vest so lightweight you can wear it at all times around the house just in case a murderer breaks in

build roads better and this won't be an issue~

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
roads are for cars and other licensed motor vehicles. sidewalks are for pedestrians and, in residential areas, children on bicycles.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nobody wants bicyclists anywhere, but they still hang around like that smelly kid in school no one wanted to be friends with

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the one guy I know who is really into bicycles also doesn't believe in using an antiperspirant so maybe there is more to the smelly thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ugh, loving normies use the bicycle path. as a randian superhero I must only use the road to bicycle and everyone else must deal with it.

• Locked thread