Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Flame112 posted:

Jesus christ this game has the best drive-by mechanics. Every single mission where you ride shotgun and mow down hordes of other cards is stupidly fun. I haven't seen cars flip so easily and explode for no reason since Crackdown.

Yeah, if someone modded in an infinite drive by murder mode, I'd jump on that immediately.

Oh and the social hub works fine for me as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Athenry posted:

Best thing is when you hold the action hijack button in a car; Wei will open the door and hang out. This means you can drive down the sidewalk and brain people with the door. Timing's kinda tricky, but fun.

My favorite trick to use getting into a car is when the valet brings me one, and I get in before he gets out - I like to imagine that he's absolutely terrified, feeling stuck in the passenger seat while a deranged lunatic takes him on a joyride through the streets of Hong Kong.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Timeless Appeal posted:

I've re-started this game back up with the intention of finishing and possibly doing the new DLC. I have to say that the biggest tip for new players is to read the reports. I mostly ignored them on my first attempted playthrough, and that was a huge mistake. You really don't understand how loving insane Wei is unless you read the reports. My concept of who he is has changed.
As it stands the game is a bit bizarre in how the relationship stuff is treated. When you go out with Emma Stone, she talks like you guys have gone on a bunch of dates. Wei's reaction to Tiffany seeing someone else is also weird. They probably should have just eliminated the dating aspect all together and just have the girlfriends be oddly well-developed NPCs who appear for a single mission each.

I'm working on a second play through of this game and I don't think I ever read any of the reports...guess I need to go do that!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

404GoonNotFound posted:

Just be glad there weren't any roundabouts, or players might've quite possibly killed themselves.

There was an early PS2 game called The Getaway that was an open world, 3rd person game that was set in London. IIRC, it had roundabouts in it, and driving was....awkward. Mostly because, while there were a bunch of different cars, they seemed to fall into two categories: slow as hell, or fast and impossible to control.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I just hope we get a sequel, personally.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

The Duke posted:

I'm also playing this for the first time. I'm about 80% done at the moment and just had the most amazing glitch. I spiked a guy off one of those tiny fences that ruin your police score on every mission and he flew about 15 feet in the air before landing in oncoming traffic :lol:

Yeah, the physics in this game are pretty good, but when they go wonky, the really go - especially when it comes to ragdolling. On the rare occasion you get thrown through your windshield after crashing a car, it's pretty impressive how far you can fly.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Poppleganger posted:

I hate that he complains about how he has a lovely life. It's like I would take him for a ride if I could but the game doesn't let me.

Actually, if you get in the car quickly enough as the valet is pulling up, you can take the guy for a joyride. I've done it a few times, I like to think that's terrified in the passenger seat.

Paracelsus posted:

The Bond car from the DLC mission is really neat, but I find I can't really use it to drive around because it is actually too fast to make corners, or even curves, in a normal fashion.

Am I a bad player for finding vehicular homicide the optimal strategy for clearing drug bust sites? 8-ish dudes at once is a little much to take on normally.

8 isn't a big deal, but some of the later ones where it's closer to 20, with weapons, yeah - it's much easier to just run over a bunch of them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

You also get guns sometimes when you're busting the drug gangs and hacking cameras, I think 4 or 5 of those involve shooting.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

To max out Triad, you really need to go back and replay earlier missions where you got lower exp. I think it's through the social hub, and it is a bit of a slog, but it's really the only way.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I just wish they'd decide if they were going to make a sequel to this...

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Narcissus1916 posted:

About the only real disappointment is that there was no resolution between Wei Shen and the triad he worked for. Him being undercover. doesn't actually affect the main narrative at all - and i'd love to see how Conrad reacted to the news.

It has been awhile, but I thought at the end the new Triad boss (Jiang?) demonstrated that she knew who he was. I took that to mean she understood his intentions to get rid of violent crime, specifically drugs and crimes that really victimize people, based on what happened to his sister. She would have the authority to keep the Triad off of him. Maybe I am theory crafting, but she was definitely aware of his identity at the end, and presumably looking for the same kind of understanding with the police that Uncle Po previously had.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

They added some great music to Payday 2 recently

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Chortles posted:

I'm not nearly sure about authentic, but great yes. :allears: For me AC4's grandness is in the shanties/songs, for me AC3's is in the tomahawk moveset (the most goddamn fun I had with a melee weapon in the AC series) and Connor.

Where Connor falls short: lacking a meat bun in his hand. :colbert:

The best song in the game is actually one of the tavern songs, but the shanties are great.

Do we know anything about the sequel yet? I am assuming it will be like GTA where there may be a bit of crossover, but that the characters will mostly be new.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Look how wrong you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-lBydebg6w

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Kilometers Davis posted:

The fact that it's not on consoles and not single player absolutely blows but at least it's not some kind of f2p moba. They haven't completely lost their poo poo! Hopefully this will fund a real next gen sequel.

As long as the general mechanics and gameplay are largely unaltered, I'm pretty hopeful for this. Sleeping Dogs was great, even on KB+M, this really boils down to a question of content and if it's pay to win.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

drat, I didn't get into the Triad Wars beta. Really hope that game turns out well.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

This game really needs a sequel. Maybe not with the same characters, or the same setting, but drat do I want another run through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I know it's unlikely but I still want a sequel to this game.

• Locked thread