Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Shorter Than Some posted:

There's more unit variety than shogun, though not nearly enough. It's the main reason I'm itching for Rome 2. It's been four games since we had one with some real faction difference.

Speaking of, assuming its next, how do you think multiplayer will be handled in Rome 2? I'm hoping they don't go the Shogun/Fots route of allowing all unit types from all factions to be mixed however you like, but I'm not sure how they would square multiple factions with avatar progression. Perhaps an avatar per faction?

CA has done some gamey stuff but I don't think they would just pile all the units into one big pool like they did with shogun 2 multiplayer. It just wouldn't make sense. In Shogun 2 all the different factions share the same units (with some stat changes), in every other TW game they have pretty distinct rosters.

An avatar for each faction would be brutal to level up and wouldn't make any sense unless each faction had a unique tree for general abilities. You probably just get one avatar and your abilities are generic and across all factions.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think RTW 2 is going to sink or swim depending on how open modding is. Without a doubt far more so than the last few games anyway. Think about it, this is the first remake in the series of a highly modded game. People are so used to all of the incredible features that were introduced in the big RTW mods that not having them in the base game is going to be a shock.

It will be less open to modding. The engine will be more complex than any before it and I don't think we will ever see the RTW massive scale of mods again. They even opened up ETW and NTW to modding by releasing as much as they could, but we don't see those kind of mods anymore. On the other hand they have sort of shifted more and more focus onto multiplayer, which I like. I loved Roma Surrectum 2 and I still play modded NTW but nothing will ever give their AI a real brain, and I really hope more and more people get into the multiplayer aspect of it. I hope they really encourage the drop in battle feature from both the player requesting it and the player dropping in.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Shorter Than Some posted:

I'm kinda hoping they find a way to incentivise drop in battles more, those things are great when you can get them going. I'd also like an option to be available for other peoples drop in battles when in a campaign yourself (not sure how feasible this would be though).

This already exists. If you turn on drop in battles you are not only prompted to ask if you want to call in another player into your game, but can also be requested to drop in another player's battle. It just pops up while you are on the world map. I've never seen it happen that much though.

Probably because people using the auto matcher to find drop in battles fill up all the slots. I don't think too many people turn on drop in battles because they are big babies that reload any time something doesn't go their way.

They need to add some incentive to get everyone doing them, maybe give units that fight in human battles 2x exp or something. Also add a rating system so you can vote down shitheads who corner camp or something.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 3, 2012

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone got some reviews of the broken crescent mod for Med2?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is there a way to easily change some global modifier for building cost? I'm probably going to play it with 40 units per army so if you know of a way to also cut upkeep across the board too that would be good to know.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

SeanBeansShako posted:

So NTW fans, how good is NTW3? seeing it is being made by the Lordz the classic guys behind 19th century Mods with games I must know.

Their multiplayer stuff (which was their main focus until recently) was amazing so I would at least give it a shot.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anyone know if it is possible to unlock more than 20 units per battle in Medieval 2? I got so spoiled by playing NTW with 40v40 armies that now the Medieval 2 battles look tiny :(

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

SpaceViking posted:

While we're on the subject, is there any specific thing I should be doing in Napoleon to not lose every MP match? It seems that all I get set against are campers, and I have no idea how to assault an army in a good defensive position.

Take 2 howitzers, if a dude is stilling still on some small defensive position you will blow him away.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Looks great but their AI will never be able to handle all the new poo poo they add.

They can't defend a tiny square fort intelligently, how can it manage a mega huge city with people coming in by sea and land?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rabhadh posted:

One of the reasons I never played Napoleon as much as the other games was I want to build my own empire, not have one handed to me like "here, fight amongst yourselves."

Almost all of the mods open up the minor nations for play if you want to go that way.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Arbite posted:

It was an evening to get it all to install but well worth it. They've modeled almost everything except for Skaven and Lizardmen.

Here's the intro video.

The biggest advice I can give is to use their linked torrent for the main mod and pray for a stable connection for the various patches, because they are big.

It's a fun mod, but Sylvania is probably the hardest to start with.
Like most mega mods on twc they can't organize information worth a poo poo so I have a question for anyone with it.

Are the big more unique units in the game? Stuff like big giants, hydras, ect. Or is it regiments of more normal soldiers?

There is some sub mod where a dude had screen shots of huge units but it isn't released and no where can I find a list of units in the mod, so I can't tell if these are units he added or are in the base game.

Please help me sort through all the poo poo.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Chomp8645 posted:

You know I don't really think I like the idea of 40 units per side becoming the norm. It could be cool for single player (although I worry about it becoming tedious), but in multi player a human being cannot be expected to manage 40 units simultaneously without pausing. It's just too much poo poo all over the place and I feel like it would either force people to constantly pause (except in multi player) or just not know what the gently caress half their guys are doing until the 4th consecutive archer group has routed to the same unnoticed heavy cav. Either that or in an attempt to keep some God drat have control over your army you just make it four groups of ten identical units or something.

Either way I just can't see that many units being at all easy to handle unless CA is about to blow up the entire strategy genre with some kind of revolutionary command and control system that's one step below direct neural interface.
Having 40 units and not being able control them all to perfection is exactly why I love it. When modders unlocked it in NTW it really got me back into the series. It forces you to accept that not everything will go exactly as planned.

The AI is always going to be worse than you at things like feinting, picking battle locations, precise arty fire, and lets face it basically everything. The only thing the AI can do better is control tons of poo poo at once, even if they do it in a less effective way. I'm willing to sacrifice some control because I know that they can never make the best AI.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Are they keeping the multi faction Rome idea from the first game? I know some people didn't like it but I feel like it did a pretty good job of making Rome seem like an actual republic with lots of different agendas instead of functioning as a 100% united dictatorship. Roma Surrectum added lots of great events to throw wrenches in your mix but sometimes it's kind of bullshit to just throw up a paragraph of background info and spawn a massive army out of thin air.

Before the Marian reforms the three faction rome maybe didn't make much sense, but after that most armies were going to do whatever their generals wanted, and the generals were also politicians doing whatever they could scheme up for maximum gain.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mans posted:

Roma Surrectum is fun as hell and doesn't focus too much on historical details while still maintaining a rich and detailed roster. You also have a lot of ways to deal with squalor that don't involve purging half of the inhabitants every few years via building suburbs and other auxiliary structures.

If you are looking for an awesome but accessible(well for a TW mod) for Rome, then Roma Surrectum is where it's at. Playing Rome is a seriously crazy/intense game where poo poo is constantly happening against you, as opposed to most nations just kind of farting around while you slowly snowball into a superpower. All the other nations are incredibly well done too, I had a great game as Pontus.

They also have a seemly sane forum layout with actual information, something that is rare at TWcenter.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Trujillo posted:

Not too much there but for anyone interested: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Arverni_Faction

Any word on how the multiplayer will work? I feel like the mediterranean is even better suited for an avatar campaign but no idea on how they'll make it work. I just want to be able to make an army of nothing but carthaginian elephants and iceni chariots, maybe with some naked fanatics thrown in for good measure.

It will hopefully work like every TW multiplayer before Shogun 2, you pick a nation and then have X many $ to buy units. If they want to leave in xp and special powers and that poo poo just make people pay for it in the unit cost.

Leveling up your army and having your units limited by the stupid avatar had no purpose besides adding a grind to multiplayer. But considering how every faction had the exact same units in multi I can see why they needed to add something. With actual unique factions they better dump the loving 'grind for retainers' garbage.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Can't say I enjoyed the shogun 2 naval battles but I really did enjoy the Napoleon and Empire naval battles. Especially with some of the mods that made it so line ships took much longer to build, which added some actual consideration of what types of ship to make instead of just 'build doom stacks of 1st rates'.

I'm interested to see how naval battles turn out in Rome. Maybe they will add some ramming ability which could be interesting.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Getting ready to go back and play some older TW games that I haven't messed with in awhile.

- Empire / Napoleon: I never really played much Empire or Napoleon. What mods do you guys recommend for them, if any? I'm probably more interested in the larger scale of Empire over Napoleon.

- MTWII: Played tons, but not in awhile. What mods are recommended for Kingdoms? I never played a Rome / Byz game and would like to try that.

Thanks!

For Empire I like A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita. Like everyone says the campaign AI for Empire is not so hot, mainly in how it deals with multi theater nations: it doesn't. I don't think any mod can fix this, and even though Darth Mod claims he makes all sorts of adjustments to stuff the CA devs said his changes are bullshit because they literally can't be done. APE: Terra Incognita adds some new features like manpower and supply which simulate extra resources needed to field armies and they are separate for each theater. This limits your main power base to Europe and makes your territories in the Americas or India rather difficult to hold as you can only make large numbers of troops in Europe and ship them overseas. The AI doesn't have to play by these rules of manpower and supply but they are still limited (as is the player) to creating local colonial(militia & indigenous style) troops in the Americas and in India. I feel like it does a pretty good job of making it feel like running a giant world wide empire is no joke, as opposed to just 'get money, spend it anywhere yeaaaaaa'.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1163

For Napoleon I would go with Darth Mod(he toned down the sperglord poo poo somehow). Napoleon is really such a huge improvement on Empire that actually the base game is probably the best of any TW to that time. Darthmod has a nice launcher that with let you turn on and off a bunch of poo poo easily, includes some graphical mods and bunch of different tweaks. If you computer can handle it, turn on the 40 units per army mod, it makes the game incredible. The AI full embraces it too which is excellent.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513599

For both games I 100% suggest turning off the mini map, and depending how good you are at RTS games, the unit flags also. Shogun embraced the fact that the AI will never be as good as the human and let you do legendary mode which turned off those features. Honestly I don't think it does much to Shogun considering how compact the armies are, but in Napoleon(especially with the 40 units per army) the battle will span across the huge battlefields(which normally never see action on more than 1/4 of it) and I think it really strikes a balance between how the player can manage a smaller group of units very well better vs the AI controlling an entire army somewhat poorly.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 16, 2013

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Carolus posted:

Ok, I wonder how the "officer" agent is used?

About the camera, I belive its a little different than earlier games in that before you just followed the unit overhead but in Rome2 they have said that you can follow a particular soldier and see it through his eyes with emotion, sound etc that he would experience in such a situation.

You could already do a first person view by hitting insert, if the dude was a cav you would see his horse as if you were FPS riding it. Pretty cool I guess but I wish CA would stop focusing on all this close in poo poo, I've probably zoomed in to watch the 1v1 fighting maybe a dozen times over the course of the series. I would much rather they focus on having the game look the greatest from the overview than on the ground level. Sick2Nasty motion cap synch kills and all that are cute but it limits the performance and I hate how the game just cuts units into lovely looking sprites after x many units are on screen even on max settings. I realize they can limit this with intelligent use of LOD but it seems like every game in the series has gotten lazier and lazier with LOD and instead just puts more units into sprites that look like trash.

Koramei posted:

Probably something like the foreign veterans in FoTS. Shogun 2's expansions really took away from the clear-cut agent roles of the previous games.

For those of us that never played S2 expansions can you elaborate on how they mixed up the agent types/roles?

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 27, 2013

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Two hands over the side of a horse holding a spear looks incredibly awkward.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

NoneSuch posted:

Sieges have always been boring in every Total War game and at this point I wish they'd just remove them. Dudes clawing their way up walls is dumb and I think there's better ways of handling it but god knows if the AI could deal with that. Anything is better than them just milling outside your walls for an hour though.

AI still doesn't know how to siege and it ends up splitting it's army up into chunks and attacking piecemeal in an unfortunate attempt to surround you which always ends up with them getting slaughtered. Worst thing is you have to manually fight those battles even if they're painfully easy and then realm divide hits and you get to battle against stack after stack dying pointlessly to your castle. AI isn't smart enough to realize that they could just starve you out and my army wouldn't stand a chance in an open battle.

I seem to remember having some fun with sieges in Empire just because blowing stuff up with cannons was fun.

Forget the AI even with all human players the sieges are not very fun. However they seem to be really mixing up how they handle sieges in rome 2, so it should be interesting.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Kaal posted:

RSII is awesome if you want to play as the Romans. The other factions don't have nearly as much attention paid to them though. I plan on playing through another Roman campaign in RSII once I finished my Averni campaign in EB. Sadly you can't really install them both at the same time.

Gotta disagree, I played through a few campaigns as eastern nations on Roma Surrectum 2 and felt they were not left in the shade due to a focus on Rome.

The previous poster summed up my thoughts on rs2 just like I would: not too much nor too little sperg & historical accuracy, but just right.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The dude who yells out "Triarii!" is my most salient memory of RTW. That, and "WAR DOGS!"

There was a slinger unit that had some outrageously hardcore "SLINGARRRRS" who never got enough credit. It always made me smile because, come on dude, you're slingers not hardcore badasses.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
A Warhammer:TW game?

My god if the TWC forums are bad now with only history spergs(and some legit modders), I can't imagine what it will turn into with all the Warhammer people descend to post about x, y and z. Probably some version of forum sperg accession like the end of 2001, except the star baby has a neck beard.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Randomly get thrown out of your own game and be forced to take command of some AI stack consisting of 3 light infantry units and one ballista 3 ballistae and one unit of light infantry. :allears:

The drop in was actually great at giving you real armies that were within the same size range of the human player. The drop in feature should be the #1 thing they work on because their games continue to become more complex and their AI will never keep up. I think it would be great if it was always on and it picked human AI substitutes based on the skill of the AI commander compared to the human substitute's online rank.

It could give you that sense of 'oh poo poo how the gently caress do we even beat this guy' that the Romans had with Hannibal.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 29, 2013

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

brozozo posted:

To be honest, that sounds like a pretty cool feature to implement. It would certainly add a level of unpredictability to battles. Perhaps tie it to the general's command attribute and his zone of influence. The unit's distance from the general could affect how zealously the order is carried out and how closely it is followed. However, I could see it becoming a very frustrating feature if it was implemented very aggressively.

The original Rome allowed you to place groups of your units under AI control, which would be neat to see return. I think something like that would be cool to have with the new 40 units per army system.

The 'Take Command' series is an American civil war game where the battles work like TW, only x50 in scale and scope, which has order issuing similar to what you describe. It's fun to be some lowly brigade commander and try to balance your orders with your own initiative. As division general the orders you issue down are followed/ignored by the personalities/abilities of the sub commanders and its a cool different type of rts game. Plays refreshingly different than trying to micro all your dudes into the right position at the right time, but you have to accept that some idiot commanders will screw your orders up.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 24, 2013

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

SHISHKABOB posted:

Why would you ever do that.

Because the AI is terrible and it's pretty trivial to beat it unless you put some kind of restraints on yourself.

In my Roma Surrectum 2 play-through I turned on the camera mode that locks it to your generals head(or a little above it, but still more restrictive than any of the later games), and turned off all unit flags/radar. Once the battle starts getting into full swing it was impossible for me to control units on the other side of the battle unless I ran my general over there. Sometimes the AI did ok, sometimes not. You could constantly switch units to/from AI control, and even if placed under AI control if you gave it a direct order it would respond to your command before doing anything the AI decided to do.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Top 5 TWCenter mods of all time right here. I love how the screenshots get more and more insane as you go, as if he knows if he hits you up with the mechwarriors and godzillas right off the bat it will be too much.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Sounds like you just pick the units with the best AP and win.

It sounds like if you pick high AP but low total weapon damage you would have a unit that would do less overall damage to less armored opponents than a low AP high damage weapon.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Grand Prize Winner posted:

How do you use dragoons properly anyway? It seems like if you dismount them near enough to the fight that they're able to dismount and get in formation in time to effect things, then their horses are close enough to get spooked and run away, turning them into an understrength line infantry unit.

Usually they are not so hot, but if you play some of the mods that allow you to have 40 units per battle having a mobile reserve actually becomes important because the battles rage across the whole map.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Azran posted:

Personally, I prefer pre-ordering once I either
a) get into a beta/demo and I like what I see
or
b) we know everything about the game.

Right now, there's been zero talk about the multiplayer system - for example - and that's one thing I'm interested to hear about. But at the same time, I like being able to pre order sooner when it's a promising game. Waiting for Wargame: Airland Battle to be available as a pre-order made me realize that. :v:

I think multiplayer is the only part of TW we don't have to worry about at all. The improvements since Rome 1 have been excellent every step of the way.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Sober posted:

Modders will expand the map all the way to China or Japan because CA something something antiquity is overrated something something I want to conquer Rome as Han China.

I doubt it, no one has been able to mod the world map since the last engine change from Rome1 & Med 2 -> Empire.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes. Its not that complicated really. When I first started playing years ago, I knew poo poo about history and got along fine.

also the sperger the mod the better. That is why Imperium Juliani is the best mod.

What is the story with the Imperium Juliani mod? I thought we reach peak horribad with the dinosaur/mechwarrior/predator/superman mod.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

Its just a scenario mod where you play as emperor Julian (some others but he is the focus), and the guy that made it obviously has a huge hard on for the guy.

Though I wasn't being sarcastic, its a really good (albeit spergy) mod.

Is it one of the sub mods for EB? Their forums are a loving mess and they literally name the different mods in ancient languages.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I think battlefield objectives are an addition long overdue. Especially for multiplayer, it was pretty lame to have these great maps and just have people set up shop in a corner.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Chomp8645 posted:

This was fixed a while ago in Shogun 2. All maps have dojos now (instead of only some of them), and if you control all the dojos for 10 minutes you auto-win. If you just collect the dojos then a camper will have to contest at least one of them, and the skirmishing almost always results in a full scale engagement because their only alternative is to throw units away one a time contesting points.

Huh I never knew they made that change, pretty excellent.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Alchenar posted:

Rubbish. In real life you win with what you have, whether it's optimal or not. The problem with the level of freedom Total War gives you is that you never have to let yourself get in the position where you have to make interesting choices. You just faff about until your doomstack is ready and then move onto the next province. Que 80% of all battles being autoresolves because it just isn't fun when you don't ever have to fight a non-optimal battle.

This is my #1 issue with the TW games, and probably most people who play them as well(due to how many people never finish a campaign). There is a real lack of pressure on the player to be forced into decisions where you have to compromise, like you said it's pretty easy to just faff about till you are ready. I think a lot of it is the AI not providing much push but rather existing as more of a punching bag for you to beat up on.

The decision to limit armies in a fashion that ramps up slower than your physical territory is a good way to have the player cope with scarce resources throughout the game. I thought the realm divide was a good attempt to address this problem, but was implemented in a pretty ham fisted fashion. Hopefully they will expand on the internal politics side of things (such as S2 generals defecting) in Rome 2.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Space Wizard posted:

If you don't own Napoleon, now's the time to give it a whirl! Since we're on the topic of Napoleon; have any of you installed LME? I'm kinda liking it so far, but whoever chose to edit in their own music is clearly smoking crack. As grognardy and TWC as it sounds of me, I don't want to hear the music from Gladiator when I'm sieging Istanbul with my blobs of Russian peasantry. Any ideas on how to revert to the standard music selection? :smith:

As far as Rome II goes, no announcement is complete without staring into the abyss:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?604488-E3-Video-Interview-Comments

At this point 'Prometheus' is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

If you want to get fancy you can crack open their music.pack with the Pack File Manager from TWC, replace the files and then pack it back up.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

PerilPastry posted:

Sadly, no. Supposedly, you need to edit your save game which I've tried with no luck whatsoever.

Have you followed these instructions exactly? (The last post). I've unlocked 40 units for all sorts of Napoleon/empire/shogun mods by editing the save.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?463295-40-units-per-army-and-LME/page4

And I think because Rome 2 is the same engine we should be able to unlock 40 also.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The people on TWC don't play multiplayer; they are the players who camp it up in a corner of a map or bridge with 8 artillery, then post on the forums how the AI is poo poo. They probably try the drop in battle once, lose, reload their save and never play another person again.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Jerusalem posted:

Which mod is this? It looks incredible.

Looks like Roma Surrectum 2, it really does make the battle maps look incredible. It also comes with some HDR injectors that you can tweak, and with some time and experimentation you can get it looking really incredible.

Gameplay is pretty good too, as Rome you are constantly having to prioritize and you never get free time to just build up and then roll people.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Those panorama shots are sweet but they are cheating big time on the unit count. I know originally they said Rome 2 would support 40 units per side but didn't they recently walk that back to the standard 20?