Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

The Aphasian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh_nyP0zpSM
A few Skyrim AI glitches all at once; scripting errors, inability to climb a foot-high ledge, confusion about whether they were trying to kill me or not, pathfinding, and that really annoying one where NPCs will start conversations while you are fighting and you have to quickly exit the conversation to regain control, while the enemies wail on you. Bastard really wanted those fragments.

This all seems fairly normal to me, just one question: Do you have the Fragments of Wuuthrad still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Cauldrons are reliable one way phasing devices in Skyrim. Flip one over, put it on the floor, and jump on top. You will almost always fall through into the room below you! Or just fall to your death if you're outside. Also works by pressing one against a wall in your hands and using the speed boost shout.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Elephantgun posted:

I managed to youtube it and find it. Apparently it's called "Morphogenesis" to this person, might be the glitch nickname.

In any rate, holy poo poo this is hilarious. You can find the other models in the "related videos" on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgaByAczTH8

Ahahaha the gorilla jesus christ.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Chamale posted:

Egyptian Pharaohs would be given random names as well in that game, usually based on real Pharaohs, but occasionally you would get a succession of rulers named "Bubba".

I think that might be a reference to something.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

EGSunBro posted:

So the same guys who made the other earlier WWE 13 glitch videos made another, and this one is way more glitchy than those last ones. Here it is

The entire game just sort of... falls apart. How this thing got released is beyond me.

THQuality. The world lost a great source of comedy when they shut down. :(

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

oh jesus christ this is absolutely incredible.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

Here's what happened to my D-Dog.

I didn't know MSG:V was susceptible to cartridge tilt.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Right? In Skyrim, there's always a gate or door or some poo poo that won't open and breaks the quest.

Thankfully, this issue can be fixed by carrying a pot in your inventory. Or a plate. Any beveled object really.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Here's a video showing it on a console:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx7HJ5GMX0M

(beaten, but my video isn't two hours long with no timestamps :colbert:)

Yeah. IIRC the explanation is due to the physics engine only checking collision every x frames, mixed with the way bowls/plates/pots are coded to let stuff sit in them, and good old fashioned clipping. Beveled objects aren't actually strictly speaking beveled apparently, hitbox wise. Instead, they've got a side(which is invisible, where the lid of the pot would go for instance) flagged to let stuff clip through it. So object is dropped into bowl, touches the top side of it (actually an invisible, intangible lid), bowl lets object in.

So, pressing a plate to the wall at the right angle makes it possible to slip through thin objects because you moving forward squishes the plate, yourself, and the wall together. The game checks collision, sees "Plate obstructing/clipped into wall, check plate", is told "Dovakiin(and/or)castle wall is on open side, allow into plate." And you slide through both objects. Next time Collision is calculated, it'll go "wait why are you a foot into the wall, get the gently caress out of there" and eject you/send plate flying at a thousand miles an hour as a deadly projectile.

The larger the object you use (cauldrons are the best I think?) the more leeway time you get, and the faster you're going the better due to the game only checking collision occasionally(so it doesn't choke itself on calculations). Plate+Speedshout gets you through almost any wall in the game, doors can be beat just by sprinting at them with a bowl.

I encountered this by accident during my first playthrough. A fight in a bandit fort with plenty of Fus-ing had left everything strewn around the floor, jumped backwards while firing shots at last bandit to gain distance, landed on upturned cookware, fell into basement. I was extremely confused.

Also I think it was a troll they had in the basement? I died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

General Specific posted:

Classic kendo response.

:perfect: