Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The GIG posted:

Is it just me or are the strategists the best characters in the series? I love how most of the stories end up "drat you Zhuge Liang I've got you this tim- GODDAMMIT HE GOT AWAY! :argh:"

If I recall correctly, Zhuge Liang is seiging a Castle Sima Yi is hanging out, so he just starts sending ancient Chinese insult gifts (I think women's clothes was one) to him to get Sima Yi to come out.

Zhuge Liang is pretty much the best dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Samus would probably work out pretty well for a Musou Character too.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Zhange He is a "fabulous boy" alright. It's totally different.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
So far I'm enjoying 7 empires! However, screw every allied officer with the Lockout stratagem.

Quit locking me in newly captured bases you jerks :argh:seriously though, it has happened literally every time my allies have used it

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I just started a Evil Ruler play though and man getting all your good officers sniped by other kingdom's recruiters because 6 of them are all angry at you is kinda the worst.

I guess I could probably fix it by just throwing parties 24/7?

Dramicus posted:

I had the best spear and all the damage buff items too. How do you increase your damage beyond that?

I'm guessing having an elemental effect that deals damage based on max HP?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Lunethex posted:

Since Yu Jin is going to be a new officer, I saw this and thought it'd be good to post. It's always the small things like this outside of the games that are pretty interesting!

"Cao Cao was extremely disappointed to hear that Yu Jin had begged Guan Yu to spare his life. After Guan Yu was defeated by Lu Meng, Yu Jin was set free. However, after Cao Cao's death he was ordered by Cao Pi to travel to Cao Cao's tomb in order to pay his respects. At Cao Cao's tomb Yu Jin saw that there was a depiction of himself begging to Guan Yu to spare his life. Unable to bear the anger and shame, Yu Jin fell ill."

Ancient Chinese burns are always the sickest of burns.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Sakurazuka posted:

Next doesn't really do much with the story after a while, so it's basically you just taking over every territory followed by a CGI of everyone celebrating. Which is kinda how the older games handled it if I remember correctly.

Man I miss the hell out of each faction's HOUSE PARTY CGI cutscene at the end of each campaign.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I think I have timed out on exactly one mission in Dynasty Warriors, and I think that mission was one of either 3 or 4's Nanman Campaign maps because of the combination of being way young and getting way lost somehow.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It's going to be Lu Bu masquereding as a giant Cucco that if you hurt Diao Cucco he will go on a rampage.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Yalborap posted:

Good sir or madame, I do believe you mean :getin:. Some of the teamup dialogues alone would be amazing.

I can't wait for Millardo Peacecraft to wage a war against Funnels AND Chinese/Japanese Mystics, all the while he swoons over Lu Bu's fighting.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Bloodly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPK1s7KtLW0

Here's the trailer. Of course Impa is Zhou Tai.

As long as he can dash cancel out of a jumping attack to go super fast around the battlefield, I'm okay with this

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Dramicus posted:

Why does Japan hate us?

Because we don't throw our money at them.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Bloodly posted:

Seems weird to talk about Zelda Warriors here. But I'm asking because I'm wondering whether the mechanic used for bases in it-Kill X enemies to reveal the captain, kill the captain, claim base-has been used before now?

This has been more or less the same as all Dynasty Warrior Gundams.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Bloodly posted:

And have them all fight AGAINST each other? How would you pull that off?

There's also a lack of forces on Dracula's side to make playable other than the man himself.

If you add up the amount Castlevania villains in the DS games that's something like 5 or 6 playable Dracula Side characters. Add in Shaft and Death

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
There's also Orochi 1 for PC. Though I think there's no place to digitally buy it now.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

pvax posted:

Is the consensus that SW4 is still OK and full of good times on the PS3? I've never played a SW game and really dig some of the characters from my time spent in WO3U (xbone) and I don't have a PS4 yet. Is it mainly just less dense packs of peons and a little less sharpness to the graphics, but otherwise the exact same game?

Ive been playing it on PS3 and it's fine. The amount of dudes on one screen isn't as many as you would hope, but it looks and plays just fine.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Policenaut posted:

Oh my word, Dragon Quest Heroes looks so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTXBxHMJAPg

Square-Enix, hurry up and announce this for overseas c'mon I need this.

I thought they did already announce it coming overseas?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

SeanBeansShako posted:

Can somebody tell me the secret to taking down those Big loving Robot bosses in Gundam 3?

Use Charge Attacks a ton. I think each giant boss has weakpoints during some attacks that show up that if you use a charge attack on instantly downs them. Other than that, there's not much, Mobile Armors are basically the worst.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Guan Yu With A Chaingun is my favorite Avenger

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Also,
If you want to due a ton of Triple Attacks, Wang Yuanji will build the gauge in like 5 seconds against large groups.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zaphod42 posted:

I really wish Favorite weapons didn't exist. Its like they finally realized they could let anybody use any weapon and that'd be real cool, and then put in all the work to make that happen

and then at the last second some bozo wandered into the office and said "hey wouldn't it be cool if each character had a special weapon they could do special attacks with?"

Good job defeating the entire point :doh:

A lot of it seems more like that they wanted characters with clone movesets to still be somewhat unique, but since they got rid of essentially every Clone moveset in 8(XL?) or so, yeah it's pretty meaningless.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Pureauthor posted:

You're going to get FE1's crew, Awakening and Fates, and you will like it

You might get DLC FE7 and FE8 characters if you're lucky

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
DW9: The Phantom Pain

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Lunethex posted:

When and where will Lu Bu be pursued?

Maybe the secret to the open is world is that you will constantly be pursued or pursuing Lu Bu

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Dw11 will finally use that insane Anglo-Saxon name change translation.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
gently caress it I'll play it a third time if it adds anything resembling a reasonable amount of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The DW8 empires DLC movesets are cool and like technically they got backported to DW8XL but they don’t have their EX moves iirc in DW8XL for whatever reason.

When will the DW team quit being cowards and just give me DW gameplay for battles in a ROTK game