Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It’s called a magnetowid in polish cuz you use it to wid magnetic tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Computer viking posted:

It's a videospiller in Norwegian because it spills videos.

Truly, the english language is a needlessly confusing mess in comparison.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yeah torrenting music was never really viable. The real way to download music was looking for blogspots with links to mediafire uploads.

This no longer works because google no longer serves websites made by humans

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ooo, I don't know about that. In the late-70s, a lot of disks I used were super suspect. 'An Elephant always forgets' was a meme at the time.

They had memes in the 70s?!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Chainclaw posted:

The bigger impact piracy had was forcing newer, worse DRM schemes into games and hardware. 3DS games, especially at launch, had load times because Nintendo was so upset about piracy on the DS, they put a way too expensive DRM solution into the hardware itself that really made it frustrating to develop for. We couldn't treat the cartridges as cartridges anymore and just load files when we needed them, every file read came with an expensive DRM check, so we had to treat it more like a spinning disc system, shove a level's worth of content into a zip file so we could load it with one DRM check, and then unpack it in memory to get to the content.

Second hand knowledge but QA-ing that era of games was apparently just as miserable, with Nintendo needing to deliver weekly cartridges instead of anything normal for file distribution

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

The Sausages posted:

One of the things I like about GOG is you can bypass galaxy and just install a game or two and play it until it's done with rather than be confronted with Yet Another List To Scroll Through that does something to my burnt out and possibly undiagnosed ADD brain which leaves me spending more time trying to choose and then just moving on to something else rather than just watching/reading/playing.

I found this while trying to see if mp3 players built into the cassette were actually a thing like I vaguely remember, it's pretty nifty even if it's obsolete at release.

Mixxtape Is A MP3 Player Masquerading As The Good’ol Cassette Tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DVQDnc7oBA

I just wish someone would make an actual new good tape player like they do new turntables. I havw a hankering to collect physical music but vinyls are so loving expensive & shipping overseas is a nightmare

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Also...uhh...maybe DON'T include this close up of the nasty AF original headphones?

Edit: gently caress it, I bought it. Who knows what I'll do it it, lol. Maybe just occupy a spot on a shelf, IDK.

ill pay you 10$to put these on your ears

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
When I fly KLM I exclusively drink wine because it's the only liquid they'll give to me bottled rather than pour it into a cup.

But it's such a dogshit wine. I hate it so much. Each sip makes me want to die inside.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mr.Radar posted:

The full CRD episode featuring that Toshiba laptop is out, part of his Quick Start series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMwLbIQlOg

Surprise, it's a home theater PC laptop!

lmao jesus christ the Qosmio. the most bizarre series of laptops to have ever existed

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

LimaBiker posted:

Indeed. And in the case of Europe, to receive a neighboring country's TV channels, you also needed to point the antenna towards that country's TV transmitter. In the VHF days the range could be very large, so many people within about 150km of the border would have either multiple antennas that were stationary, or a rotor mounted antenna with a little dial/clock on top of the TV set to set it to the right compass bearing.
Those are Switzerland/Liechtenstein electric plugs which also backs that. A lot of these countries is 150km from the border

Whenever I was on vacation with my mom the hotels would have some weird channels. I was introduced to Spongebob in german and after all those years I just can't loving do it in english, not my sponge

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
To get that out of the way: this also concerns turtles, alligator, capybaras, and puffins, which are all water-dwelling animals and thus edible on friday

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

KakerMix posted:

Because people are dumb as heck and also ignorant. I'd really like to print out a beef-style protein matrix at 80/20 with perfect marbling and no puss, bacteria, fungus or viruses, and no gristle.

I think it's really down to people just don't understand what "meat" is and how it's harvested. It's going to be like diamonds, lab grown are objectively superior in every way so then ~natural~ diamonds shifted their focus to the imperfections and somehow that makes them more ~real~. Meat will be the same thing.

So will you add the pussy in the next iteration or is it a separate product

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Wasabi the J posted:

Eunuch my nuts I nick ur concubines

The eunuch thing has always seemed ill conceived to me because I got castrated two years ago and I gently caress like a tiger

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
and from the other side if i lived in a harem with all my whims catered to i would romance a handsome harem guard with soft skin and in built contraception for the thrill

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Big Mac posted:

Hell yeah, I love this thread.
This is the best place I could imagine to ask - does anyone know about this very strange concept cell phone a friend of mine had? It was a glossy black thing, about the size of a pack of gum. It did this little slide open, didn't have a keypad, just a weird dial that sucked. This would've been 2005-2007 or so.
I can't imagine he stuck with it long, and I've never gotten it out of my head.

EDIT: ok I googled it right this time and it was a Nokia 7280. drat that thing was dumb as hell in a texting centered world.

I really miss phones like this. As a kid I used to buy magazines about cellphones and was delighted reading about weird poo poo they came up with this month

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Dicty Bojangles posted:

My grandmother was a piano teacher her whole life and slipped on spilled oil at an Aramco gas station in the 70’s, breaking both her forearms. Aramco settled and paid for her recovery plus damages, and she took the extra money to buy herself a full-size pipe organ, which had always been her dream. In order to house the organ in playable state she had to convert her attached garage into a second den - the organ den - where she practiced organ the rest of her life until she had to move to a nursing home in her 80’s due to dementia. Until her death at 97 she could still play Bach études when we walked her to the upright piano in the hallway outside her shared room at the home, although she had long forgotten our names and faces.

Your grandma loving rules. Rest in power

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
having an opinion on snoopy is unimaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
poo poo... what about smoking weed? :ohdear: