Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Frankston posted:

Liverpool 13/14, made from recycled condoms.

Fully expect to find that kit has more evidence of scoring than Liverpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Polidoro posted:

^^^^B-Rock's just helping a fellow African

I'm just saying small fields are bad for teams who play passing football or at least play with the traditional wingers who run along the line and cross it (most teams from the time of that expression). On a narrow field it's easier to mark the wingers, and it's easier to kick it to the big lad on a shorter field.

Just as a fan of the last team to still try playing a good old english 442, a narrower pitch helps deliver a cross onto a big man's bonce.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Scene: Players at the local having a game of snooker

Gerrard: Snookered mate. Lets see you get out of this one Luis

Suarez smashes ball straight into the black

Gerrard: Luis mate thats a foul

Suarez: Absolutely not, I do not touch blacks

[canned laughter]

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am kinda concerned with setting up a massive academy shortly after gutting smaller teams ability to hold onto youth players and get a fair price for them and then also the probable vacuuming up of anyone with talent who can get a visa or has a euro passport. I can see it being very bad for anyone who isn't city.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

please respond posted:

I found the worst commentary ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBkkXurF-SQ

made it to 1:34

The commentary for the first goal was terrible but the actual play was pretty good. Also that's nowhere near as bad as Ray Hudson.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

Enrique was talking about this on twitter afterwards and called Joe Hart "the best keeper in the Premier League". Whilst that is an arguably correct opinion, you'd think he wouldn't want that kind of statement getting back to his own dressing room.

I wouldn't be too worried. With Reina's form he would go to punch him out and miss.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

if he appeals he wont get banned until the appeal is heard.

I hope he appeals and gets sentenced to playing him missing the penalty and crying before every game he ever plays.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

msj817 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZc4hzjBk8k

Probably could use a few lessons in sportsmanship

This should be the punishment for diving in every league.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Didn't see this posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0ZLyBkMmU

Leeds are scum.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Our stores at work stock flares and every Christmas some apprentices nab some expired flares to let off on NYE. Every year our construction manager/head kicker tells everyone not to do this but somebody always shows up with no eyebrows or something. My personal favourite was a guy who grabbed a proper smoke flare and let it off on his balcony without checking wind direction or anything. Cue fire engines being called to a high rise with an entire floor powder coated in orange.

Don't fool around with marine flares, no good will come of it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

real_scud posted:

Wait they actually like him down there? Goddamn are Australians dumb.

Sorry we appreciate pure football.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Drogadon posted:

Playing on gravel or asphalt and going home with scrapes all over your legs is like a badge of honor for most kids. I know I loved it, my mom not so much.

The only place at my chool to play football during lunch breaks was a 3 meter by 10 meter concrete corridor with cinderblock walls on each side.

Between the tree and the red roofed building here in fact: http://goo.gl/maps/8EptJ

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Koesj posted:

Ah yes, the exercise yard. A nation of convicts indeed.

(We had an unmowed field behind the low fence at my primary school with a pond next to it, guess where all the balls went)

To be fair, we did have 2 cricket pitches and another 2 rugby fields but we weren't allowed to use them during the week due to our groundsmen preparing them for the weekend.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Screen Error posted:

Was it playing in such cramped conditions that created your love of Stoke's open and expansive brand of football?

It was actually our head of football telling me 'Don't try and run with it, you are bad at dribbling. Kick the man then kick the ball, both as hard as you can.'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

s0meb0dy0 posted:

It's an interesting take on it. It definitely explains why the keeper and another Columbian talk to him. And him showing fair play/maturity will get him to Europe faster than goals will. Not that he can't move whenever he wants and make as much as he dreams.

And it really makes sense considering his kick LOOKED like he wasn't going for the goal.

With paragons of footballing virtue Barcelona as role models for european football I don't see why he needs to show either fair play or maturity.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm impressed you didn't manage to get Liverpool or Suarez into this post.

Also you were awfully quiet after the Shawcross 'performance' vs Sweden

I slept instead, it being on at 5am and me not expecting him to play. I heard he wasn't too hot though and it doesn't really concern me. I know how good he is for us and that's whats important.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ninpo posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If stoke only gives one gift to football lovers, its our manditory squad participation in Movember.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

Saw from the comments that Jose Mourinho's first name is pronounced with a J not H. That's almost 10 years of mispronouncing his name...

Maybe I am missing something but isn't a J more of a sh sound in Portuguese so his name would be more like Show-say.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I don't know why they edited out the pommel horse in the original.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I love how he sort of just wallows over, as if he has a special agreement with gravity to make him fall at the same speed he moves forward.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I wanted to share the vid of Stoke going to North Staff but its behind a paywall :(

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

I like that the right winger just knocked it past the fullback and ran on like a proper lad.

I wonder how many years it takes to make trailing a leg to catch against the fullback an instinctive response.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Knew what that was going to be before I clicked. Still clicked. Still laughed.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

The spectacular flight of Sepp Blatter would be a great name for a documentary

If it was about him having his assets seized then sent on the run by a team of hungry lions I would agree.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

The Mash posted:

For £24m I'd expect him to at least hit some of the notes tbh

If thats the performance of a clinical striker I would hate to listen to Chamakh.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

luvd posted:

Are you Craiglen in disguise? You're a wee bit obsessed.

I was going to say Kenwyne Jones but he actually scored a goal last weekend.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

I couldn't even remember who that was next to Kagawa. How many games has Buttner had for United? I thought he was supposed to replace Evra.

Isn't he like 17 or something though. I thought he was around the same age those young fullbacks who have been making a good showing for Liverpool.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Taff posted:

I knew it was a power glove.

I wonder whether he had it hooked up to anything

His glasses are actually a virtual boy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Babby Thatcher posted:

always glad to see some sides other than the usual successfully find a fanbase in new markets...

Sign them up Tony!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Babby Thatcher posted:

he knows what it's like to be involved with genuinely terrible shooting

A :stoke:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
While its cool to see teams changing their pitch specifically for us its kinda funny to notice that they clearly haven't scouted us recently since we are very rarely using long throws anymore.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Party in the UAE posted:

Maybe that's BECAUSE teams are scouting ya

I am pretty sure its because Geoff Cameron is a much better RB than Shotton and Delap is permacrocked now.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jyrka posted:

So what would happen if players just walked off in a proper match?

Sanctions because money is more important than the players dignity and wellbeing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
When diving is punished as harshly as fouling I will feel the same way about both. Going over cheaply is hardly ever punished and it stinks.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Party in the UAE posted:

Thats loving precious. Every shirt pull, every clip, every shove is a foul by the letter of the laws. Don't see too many of those called regularly. And I'm not just talking about stoke here.

A shirt pull doesn't usually result in a goal. Last game day Man City got given a penalty for a dive outside the box. Every team shirt pulls/shoves ect but most teams don't have a Bale or a Young who looks to go to ground every chance they get.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hmm, an aquarium as a wall close to a pool table. What could possibly go wrong?

He also has a fish tank as the floor of his kitchen right?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Thirteenth Step posted:

And every other day by the looks of things

I just think its nice that Germany have such cheap tickets that vagrants can even go and watch their team play.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Looking at that all I can think is Koscielny saw the football sniper in the stands and is saving Dzeko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Esposito posted:

I would imagine at the premier league level they would get at least a shirt a game; probably even more than one, in case something happens to a player's shirt before half-time. Shirts are constantly swapped, thrown to fans, torn, stretched, auctioned off at charities, etc. I guess if they wanted to keep it, if it was a particularly momentous match or something, they would do that too.

The top level Stoke hospitality seats include a match day shirt per person.

• Locked thread