Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

one of the biggest matches of the season against your biggest rivals
Nah, mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

Biggest relevant* rivals calimero
You lost three players to barely scrape by Anderlecht and still only end up in third place with one match up, congrats.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

You're shifting the goalposts, which Kujovic will want to do once even Lokeren accidentally stumble through your paper defence to score ten goals

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

Just to show how fast football can go sometimes, the Belgian starting XI during EURO 2008 qualification:

Top row: Anthony Van den Borre, Peter Van der Heyden, Karel Geraerts, Philip Clement, Thomas Vermaelen, Gill Swerts, Stijn Huysegems, Kevin Van Den Bergh.
Second row: Bart Goor, Philippe Léonard, Gaby Mudingayi, Thomas Buffel.
Last row: Mbo Mpenza, Luigi Pieroni, Stijn Stijnen, Silvio Proto, Geert De Vlieger, Wesley Sonck, Timmy Simons.
Well, that's a thoroughly depressing line-up.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Hallowed Turban posted:

loving hell, full contact? Those guys must get concussions like mad.
That's kind of the point with American sports.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

They apparently want to make a team of robots that can beat a human team by 2050.

We shouldn't be worried just yet.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

"I'm too old for this poo poo. :manning:"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Frankston posted:

Benteke's goal against Malaga today

The guy broke his collarbone
I could watch that all day. :allears:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Scott Bakula posted:

Was the Traore bouncing off Drogba gif linked in this thread because I wanted it and couldn't find it. If anyone could post it I'd appreciate it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

quote:

Previously, De Bilde received a suspended two-year prison sentence in 1992 for head-butting two boy scout leaders and, four months before the Porte incident, he head-butted one nurse and punched another when he was denied access to a hospital room his father was in, having suffered a brain haemorrhage.

De Bilde – who campaigned for a European ban on cat and dog fur – was fined by the club in 2006 for missing a match to mourn the death of one of his dogs

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This is English football, for some reason the world loves it more than any other league — one thing is a real aggression I would call it. Another thing is duels that are handled in a certain way and I think the referee did very well.

From minute 1 to minute 95 there was a real fight — a football fight between Benteke and Ivanovic.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

:siren: SCIENTIFIC PROOF THAT BELGIUM IS GONNA KICK THE poo poo OUT OF SCOTLAND NEXT WEEK :siren:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13omoi_red-devils-fans-in-scotland-make-us-proud_sport

And the song at the end: Fred et les Garçons - Quand les Belges (gagneront la Coupe de Monde) (When the Belgians win the World Cup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7WAFIzzG0E
Stop embarrassing us in front of the cool nations, belgend !

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

You mean cool nations like the Scotch who we are going to bash next week? :smuggo:
They aren't even a real nation.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

It was for England, bwahahah.
Hey, come on, let them have their jokes. Imagine having to live in a country that has Joe Hart in their squad. I'd mention some Scotch players, but I don't know any.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

eeS. posted:

Rule #18 – With the exception of the goalkeeper, everyone plays upfront.
Except if the keeper is bored and decides to join in.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

Crosspost from the Belge foot thread: Anderlecht manager offered the Belgian press some cake and champagne the day before their match against Kortrijk, hoping really bad they wouldn't lose after losing to Olympiacos, Club and Benfica. They lost 0-1
For context: Anderlecht is the United of Belgium, only even worse.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I always liked the 2002 Nike ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLtgxLtnU-I

and the rematch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc_X9Jfvkw0

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I love how that was only a yellow card :wtc:
Welcome to the JPL. :smugdog:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Well his ankle is broken, so at least he doesn't have to serve up his 3 + x match ban.
Just a few torn ligaments, turns out.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

That whole thing looks class, some more photos here: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131208_00876812
Not even artsy black and white photography can make Hazard look like anything but an ugly little goblin.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Somehow realising that slide tackling a little girl wouldn't go down well, Suarez cooled his rage on the unwitting Spurs players.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Don't ever post any Clint.be or Antwerp videos here again.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

That is an impressive shot, though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Red Star Baldgreg posted:

I know this is a repost but I love it so much

Did that picture end up on the internet?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

Eden supporting his little brother in the crowd for the Belgian Cup final :)

AND THEY LOST

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

WE ARE
WE ARE
VERY GOOD AT SOCCER

YOU ARE
YOU ARE
NOT VERY GOOD AT SOCCER

U.S.A.
U.S.A.
U.S.A.

feel free to hire me, american clubs mls

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Baller Witness Bro posted:

"And it's Arsenal,
Arsenal FC,
We're by far the greatest team,
The world has ever seen...."

Very inventive over there in the Barclays British Premiere League of UK Soccer Football.

northward posted:

That chants so bad Arsenal could have made it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Baller Witness Bro posted:

I can't believe posters in TRP made fun of US chants with half the poo poo written here hahaha.
Nice meltdown.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

How about all those variations on When The Saints Go Marching In?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Dutch team is dogshit though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

sweek0 posted:

Someone uploaded the extended highlights of this legendary game on Youtube, to get you in the mood for the world cup.
Netherlands - Portugal, 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESG55FB9V8
Just goes to show the Dutch are horrible people.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Is that Hazard on the Belgium one? Some of those faces could have been done better.
It's his neckbeard at least

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

belgend posted:

mods, i need this. as an av

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Nice!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

ayb posted:

Can you believe a magazine from the US had an article about how the US could win their group?
It's all well and fine to believe in your country, but at some point reality has to be respected.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Real Name Grover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1rumvo9xc

Another ridiculous Nike ad featuring CGI Rooney
The boring predictable clones should've just been Chelsea or Barca

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

John Oliver is like Jon Stewart but his tired repertoire of boring and unfunny comedic clichés also includes the fact that he's a Foreigner in America, so he's got that going for him.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Since when do we call it 'flopping'?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

mods change my username to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

oh my god yes

• Locked thread