Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Hadlock posted:

These are amazing, thanks

I love the first one, I would drive that car

Agree with panamera comment 100%

Kind of curious if you do an image-image conversion of the first one, with the prompt "delorian rolls Royce phantom". The pixels would probably hardly change

This is super cool thanks guys

Love the "day of the tentacle" car

I have an unlimited midjourney account and am bored while waiting to teach my next class.

NGL, I like the look of that. It has a real Syd Mead vibe.

Who needs front wheels if you don't need roads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Hadlock posted:

Dodge K Car Toyota 2000 GT

Lamborghini Mura Porsche 917 in Gulf oil livery

6x6 1970 Volkswagen rabbit in British racing green with carriage wheels

classic vw beetle if it were designed in 2035 with acetylene torches for headlights, single flagella, sky blue

Could not get a prompt that would get me a six wagon wheel drive :(

I fed that last request in verbatim, and this is what came out...

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 1, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah you're right, it's suspiciously close to a fancier 2CV!

I can't run any more prompts now but I did try pasting Trabant into one of my futuristic miata prompts. It seems to have a general idea that the Trabi is a little 2-door shitbox

I swear I didn't tell it to add guns to the last one :D

It's a Trabant, it expects it's going to need them.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Large Testicles posted:

half of these AI cars are Homer Simpson rear end cars and the other half are like :fap:

This new tech is absolutely insane.

The trabant with a fez prompt is giving me nothing good. I'll tweak the prompt and try again later.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 1, 2022

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The only good trike ever made

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Boatocross?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Saw it all the time in Baltimore too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

StormDrain posted:

Yeah they covered that in the developing world.

:hmmyes:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Raluek posted:

is it on a flatbed because it's on its way to your house?

:haibrow:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

I was today years old when I discovered 555 cigarettes, iconic sponsor of the Subaru rally team, is Go! Go! Go! when you say it in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YTq7AJm_GI

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Northern Wisconsin is the exception for poo poo winter driving. No mountains, so nobody comes up here really to ski. Thick woods, so snow machine riding is good but not crazy amounts of people and there is no real reason anybody who doesn't have to be here is here except the year-round residents who grew up with winter lasting until April.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Fifty Three posted:

Snow fuckin' owns

Hauling rear end across a frozen lake with a few inches of powder on it in a clapped-out beater Chevy Nova, spinning the wheel and cranking hard on the ebrake. Paradise. Learning to drive in Northern Wisconsin was the best.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Godholio posted:

In NA trim it makes more power than the turbocharged 2.3, and weighs about 60% as much. Throw in the LS aftermarket, and it's one hell of a package. I'm really curious where they price it, because the 2.3 starts around $7k from Ford Performance, which isn't bad.

That size and weight could plug it into a lot of vehicles where it's a pain in the rear end to fit a full-size LS.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I am not a fan of living in California most of the time, and then this happens. I was pulling up to a local hardware store in my pathetic EV, when I hear a glorious engine noise, and this pulls to a stop in front of me.

I immediately ask the driver (a dude in his 80s) if I can get a picture, and he says sure! He bought this car new in the 60s, had it dropped in the 70s, and his dog (barely visible in the picture) loves riding in it, so he drives it as much as possible.

It is immaculate, I peeked underneath, and it was so clean.

Then I asked him if he would open the hood...

It is a Stroker

Sometimes the Bay Area does not suck.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I love early ElCos so much.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humphreys posted:

See America... you CAN do Utes correctly! It's a thing of beauty and I want one.

We could, except these upside-down idiots stole all our precious Ute-technology and guard it with poisonous everything so we can't have it back!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Preoptopus posted:

My coworker just bought this

Try as I might, I can't hate that at all.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Grindhard made a snowbike out of a Hayabusa

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXThiGlUN8o

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humphreys posted:

I have that cartoon on Laserdisc

That's not much of a flex, I have the impression you have everything on Laserdisk and Wax Cylinders

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Tag yourselves, I'm the girth bitch

I actually used that trick to help replace the front control arms on a friend's deuce and a half (we didn't have a big enough jack). Yes, we did put blocks under it as jack stands once it was up.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

PainterofCrap posted:

Good lord, I feel old.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I like the Aztek. It had a lot more character than a lot of other vehicles of its vintage.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

I invite all you Aztek loving deviants to put your money where your mouth is. You can pick one up for $3500. What's holding you back?

I just bought a Volvo S60?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Seemed pretty solid on the stands when they set it up, in a "that aint going nowhere" fashion at least. At 105mph it was turning about 3000rpm. What's gunna make it fail is the million dollar question. 2400 mi per day for a month (the goal) is 72000 mi. Is the oil gunna poo poo itself? Cooling? Trans/fluid? Will they miss a refuel?

They even parked another Crown Vic front bumper to bumper to it, so if it does go off the jack stands, it probably won't go too far.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Godzilla07 posted:

Words do not suffice.

:drat:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humphreys posted:

Of course the Japanese drift them.

Wouldn't you?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

It's wrong, I know, but I really want to see that run a quarter-mile pass on the bottles.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Fake or not...Right Thread. Geniusly goofy poo poo like that needs to be rewarded.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
A thousand years is only twenty fifty-year-olds.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
One of the few benefits of living in the Bay Area is you get see stuff like this used as a daily driver...

The interior was absolutely mint. So pretty.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I am lusting after any one of those Scouts.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Low Buck Garage is making a funny car out of a Cherokee and an MG front end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfLjmgylGTQ

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
He is amazing. Rebuild a half-track? Sure. Build an off-road hot rod? Why not? Cut a jeep in half to fix weight distribution? Do it everyday.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

MrYenko posted:

Excuse me, that is clearly a Gasser Sedan/Altered.

:colbert:

No, his original design was a gasser. This is being set up as a funny car and if he puts a wheelie bar on it I will laugh so hard.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humphreys posted:

Episode 3 is out.

This guy really needs a forum invite if he isn't already an AI Goon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njnF1rvpve4

The rebuilding of the lug points on the wheels was incredible.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I just sold my Model 3 and bought a Volvo S60 Recharge. Holy poo poo, was that an upgrade. The Volvo adaptive cruise is amazing (I did not have any of the self-driving enabled on my Tesla), and even though I was apparently spared the rampant panel gaps and things just falling off on my Model 3, the fit and finish on the Volvo is so much nicer.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Humphreys posted:

It's almost as if a real car manufacturer makes better cars :v:

I really liked my Tesla and had had no problems at all with it. Nothing fell off, and it never tried to kill me or anybody else, but it was also half the cost of my Volvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I bet that handles like a boat :dadjoke: