Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Whole bunch of money in front of work today

Saw the owner, realized I see him all the time in the gym. You'd never know it, he's the frumpiest looking dude in the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

b0nes posted:

Good luck explaining that poo poo to the officer if you get pulled over.

I'm pretty sure "here's my license and registration" will do the trick

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Was up at Road America all weekend for Vintage Races, here's a link to the album because I took a ton of pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200806230130448.1073741833.1004182354&type=1&l=b7820ab7fa

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Humphreys posted:

What if doors had elbow joints?

:hmmyes: accordion doors

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Hadlock posted:

"Pagano 2" home built

Engine alfa 3,0 24v from 166, gearbox 75TS with LSD. Driveshafts alfa gtv v6. Steering alfa gtv -77. No power steering or brakes, just a light car with 260bhp.

hachimachi

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

I have worries about the longevity of wooden gears

well it is a BMW, insane maintenance is to be expected

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Oof. Also, unf.

What is that stupid looking thing?

a Mazda that costs $400k

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

once again proving minivans are the superior form factor for an automobile

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I saw a new Prius on the road yesterday and goddamn that is a good looking car

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

weg posted:

This gives me Mad Max/Crazy Taxi crossover vibes.

since we're talking about Mad Max and BMWs, let me combine them into this rad ride I saw at cars and coffee a little while back

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ah so that's where Mercedes got their inspiration for the CLA

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

BuckyDoneGun posted:

I'm sure I'm on the wrong side here, but I actually like the CLA. Yeah it's totally compromised in the rear seats, but I dunno, I dig the styling. CLS too for that matter.

MB looked at the BMW Chris Bangle era and were like 'yeah gimme dat rear end'

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Alfa Romeo had an unveiling event today for their new halo car Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale; a car that they are only making 33 of, has no announced price, and were all spoken for before the event.

It's a small club, and I ain't in it :/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
p sure this goes here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

T1g4h posted:

I'm not normally a big fan of newer BMWs but :drat:

Color was absolutely beautiful in person and when the dude took off it made some very wonderful turbo spooling noises and a glorious cacophony of backfire pops and burbles when he let off the throttle :allears:

BMW has historically had some of the best blues.

When my brother lived in Chicago there was a mint E46 M3 in Laguna Seca blue in his building's garage that had about 1/2 an inch of dust on it and to my knowledge had never moved in the 10 years he lived there. Made me viscerally angry.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

I wish I had a better pic handy, but my buddy has an M5 in "snapper rocks blue" and it's one of the best colors I've seen in person.

:discourse:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
You know what’s awesome car poo poo? Snow tires.

I have snow tires on my Alfa Romeo and twice today I shot up hills that I watched Jeeps have to turn around and go back down on.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

BBBBUTT BUT BUTI HAVE FOREWEEL DRYVE!!!!

We legit got over a foot of snow in the last 24 hours, near blizzard conditions.

My gf lives near the bottom of the hill I was talking about, right on a roundabout, on the edge of town so the plows hadn’t been by for like at least 8 hours and wouldn’t be by until sometime in the AM last night. Her living room couch provides a perfect view of seeing people getting stuck yesterday.

We’re not total assholes just sitting inside shaking our heads at people, we helped dig out 5 cars and get them turned around back down the hill (or into their driveway, see below).

One was a DoorDash driver and I cursed the people who were ordering delivery; go gently caress yourselves, go endanger your own lives.

Three were just people trying to get home from work that lived up the hill, gently caress their employers for not closing one goddamn day or not letting them work from home.

The last person I had no sympathy for, one plow had gone by that side of the street and put a 3 foot snow dam across their driveway. They saw this and decided to YOLO it anyway in their Corolla and then proceeded to end up blocking 3/4 of the street. My gf had to convince me to help on this one if I’m being honest.

Then I had to move my car to the opposite side of the street due to snow emergency rules so I went ripping around the neighborhood for a bit and had no issues because snow tires loving rule, take your all seasons and go dump them in the trash where they belong.

e: also the number of people who have no understanding of how to rock a car to get some momentum going is mind boggling, had instruct pretty much all those people on what to do.

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 13, 2024

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Upper Dicker

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

T1g4h posted:

New Mad Max is already looking cool as gently caress :perfect:

"I WILL RIDE SHINY AND CHR...ah gently caress I'm stuck on a pebble, somebody give me a push"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They love putting excessive amounts of speakers on vehicles too, they're actually insane. It's amazing.

https://twitter.com/ohgodwhatdoiput/status/1652684572197355520?t=Iy3Lg4BF0VXQsWqJh5YTMA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hell yeah indeed. There's a little switchback hairpin sequence like that on Decker Canyon Road right as you go down to the PCH and I have to restrain myself from turning TC all the way off and doing that every time I go through that section.

https://vimeo.com/206479242

hell yeah turn it off and send it