Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
They're making a trailer, with an engine, solely to power a huge fuckoff supercharger, that they're going to use to charge the car towing the trailer.

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

"We can spin the tires up through 170mph in the dry."

:stare:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

...did they feed a car through a manure spreader?

...can you do that?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

That's an old gif, but watching it never gets old.

The video is even better due to the announcers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fooox6hbjzM&hd=1

Also, holy poo poo, uploaded 10 years ago. :corsair:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

shut up blegum posted:

Oh wow, why have I never watched any of this. That one guy is great.
*engine has ton of sludge in it* "Oh, it'll be fine"
*table catches fire* "Oh, it's fine"
*dude names 3000 things that still have to happen* "Eh, it's not even a long list"

Oh man, hope you don't have plans, you're in for a rad weekend.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Found this looking for something entirely unrelated:

Click through for ginormous

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
G-bodies and fox bodies are kind of meh by default, but if you mean them up even a little bit they look extra badass.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Took me a second to grok what the gently caress was going on until I realized that was looking almost directly perpendicular to the car, just with the wheel at full lock.

That shock placement is loving rad.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo yes please.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Applebees Appetizer posted:

They estimate it will sell for over 2 million, good thing you don't determine the values of rare Ferraris because your opinion is bad.

He's talking about the 1/2 scale wind tunnel model mentioned in the article.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hahaha, that owns. Somebody please translate the Japanese, I'm super curious.

Also, van album linked to more another van album in the comments. The image captions are kind of ...eh, but there's some more crazy interiors.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gmFml

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

One of the captions does raise an important question though.. How DO you get the weed smell out of shag carpet?

Incense and/or pachouli duh :rolleyes:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Rock My Socks! posted:

Just got a new Civic; noticed this after accidentally pulling out the little nonslip mat in the consol

Yup, there's a whole series of those.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

CarForumPoster posted:

That was good. Also I was a CNC machinist and have never seen a table router used to deburr/lightly fillet parts before. loving BRILLIANT.

From what I gather works pretty darn good on aluminum.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

"Cactus jump" comes close

That dude's self inflicted pig squeals will never not be hilarious. :allears:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

It's like a Ferengi imagined what a hoo-mahn fe-male looked like.

http://kjdawson80.tumblr.com/post/19077649206/admhawthorne-piggyparpie-ianjq-corpius

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Forgive me for posting this

:rice:

I was expecting it to be terrible but man, a crime against cars, rap and auto-tune. I'm impressed.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Well then I say we storm reddit and claim what's ours because I never see it in these parts.

You just don't spend any time in the PYF Meme thread ghetto, though Dickbutts have been thin on the ground as of late.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

I'm sure it's a basement setup but still, that's just stupid.

Uh, judging by the peak on the ceiling on the left in the background, maybe not? :stare:

Also, saw this yesterday outside a barber shop.

Not pictured: Sequential drag shifter :getin:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

:allears:

that old Prelude actually looks great

I had an Si in the same white that I still regret selling a bit. Fun car.

Had daydreams of installing a turbo kit with an air-to-water intercooler some dude dreamed up.

HOLY poo poo, the site still exists :aaa: http://ludespeedperformance.tripod.com/home.html

Goddamn tripod, jesus, that's a throwback.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Man, I have really got to get over there and check their collection out.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it just me or have the Binky guys been watching a little This Old Tony? :raise:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Every single loving one of these is 100% my poo poo

https://imgur.com/gallery/eNKPWZm

:sbahj:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Good poo poo. Love that pedal-cam.

The F40 looks like a hell of a handful.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jonny Nox posted:

was that RWD 6L Classic Ford at the end?

I didn't hear the D, but "classic 4" doesn't turn up a drat thing so...maybe? :shrug:

Either way, poo poo's going to be awesome for a looooooong time.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

I'd be real surprised if those things weren't just placeholders so they know dimensions to build around. I assume they'll tear it out again and make them more awesome somehow, or at least rebuild it all.

Yeah, I'm reasonably certain they've said the engine they're using for planning out the install isn't the one that's eventually ending up in the car.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

Considering all the effort they've put into putting an interior and stereo system into it and haven't bothered to cage it makes me highly doubt it'll ever see a rally stage

Yeah, it's just going to be a cool driver. As their "after Binky" post details, they've got other plans for an actual rally car.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Pobsts balls clank when he walks.

I enjoy that it doesn't even get to 7th gear :stonk:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Pretty much anything with a Honda badge on it before (or after, [gently caress me the new NSX is a disappointment] for that matter) the NSX or the S2000.

3rd gen Prelude Si is loving rad I will fight you

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Possibly the best looking car ever.

Don Lapre posted:

Saw the 2nd one IRL in Nashville at a show a couple years back.

That show at The Frist owned bones. I'm an awful person and still haven't gotten to the Lane Motor Museum, I really need to rectify that...

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Darchangel posted:

This was hanging out when I went to lunch on Friday. Only the second one I've seen:

(Rivian-built electric Amazon delivery van, for those that haven't seen one. Has lots of clever features for it's intended purpose.)

Interesting, just about all our stuff has shown up in these for a while now. Then again there's a distribution center pretty nearby so that may help.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

Last I saw was Rivian isn't doing to hot and Amazon has all the power in their agreement.

I would not be even slightly surprised if Amazon uses this to buy the brand out & get into the electric car market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Grafting a Winnebago directly onto a cabover semi is pretty rad.