Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Was there really a tremendous need to consolidate half of AI into two posts? I'm not at all trying to back-seat mod but the four or five threads that I really ever read on a consistent basis have all been locked out and I don't really understand the need to do so. The Mechanical Failures thread, for example, can really go either way. Some failures are catastrophic and cool (awesome) and some things are terrible. Just seems to me like either thread is going to turn into a mashup of unintelligible ADD-like dialogue. Same goes for the Craigslist thread. Whether something was cool or lovely it was still nice to know what I was getting in to when I clicked that link. "I'm going to look at stuff people are selling right now."

Content (what's a new terrible car stuff thread without a tricked out PT Loser?

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
My boss just got the curtains done (5% limo on every window except the windshield) on his TL and you literally can't see out of the windows on a sunny day if you're wearing sunglasses. It looks cool but I can't imagine that driving any time after dusk would not be a huge hazard.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Paiyng $3.87 for 93 octane :smug:

One benefit of living in Louisiana is that we refine a ton of petroleum and have traditionally low as hell fuel and electricity pricing.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
The mkII in particular looks pretty terrible without a spoiler. The same can be said for the z32 30zx as well. A guy in Baton Rouge went spoilerless on his MR2 and the rear end looked like a blob.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

IOwnCalculus posted:

"Sulfuric acid is a demon." That's a new way to describe it.

haha the little frown faces are the best.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
That van goes in the awesome car stuff thread.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I saw one in Baton Rouge the other day that said "Fighting terrorism since 1861" with the confederate flag on it. What's really sad is that there were two little kids in the van so I know how they're being raised.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
This particular Baton Rouge Lowe's is rife with great parking.

Guy was also wearing a wolf howling at the moon shirt so not sure if this thread or awesome.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Saw three of these at different times in different places today but didn't snap photos while driving.

What really sucks is getting the common top-down honk and thumbs up from them.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

heyou posted:

Just started seeing this guy on my drive to work.

What is terrible about this car?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

DILLIGAF posted:

I am going to guess that this goes here, but my prognosticatory record on AI tastes is not stellar.

An International unlike any I have seen... seems to be going after the Ford F650 market.

That thing is rad as gently caress and looks like it gets used. At least it's dirty and got some tool boxes. There are a few of the ones that look like big rigs rolling around my city and they're all brightly colored and perfectly waxed without any sign of legitimate use. Those go here.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Zeether posted:

Rally pedigree = ruined.

Post it in the hellaflush thread where those of us that like it can enjoy it.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Code Jockey posted:

God help me I like this

I like the engine bay and I love the clean wiring harness tuck, but I don't like them combined. I really like clean, tucked engine bays and I think the flare hides a lot of it.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
The guy used a screw driver because it's a time-consuming way to do it. He mentioned a dozen times about how it's a "seriously labor intensive blah blah blah." Few of us are professional mechanics but would likely all find a more efficient way to do this. But we're not getting paid by the billable hour, either.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Only in New Orleans.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Woman-reports-for-jury-duty-thieves-steal-wheel-from-her-car-in-jury-lot-206869031.html

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

A turd is a turd.

You have one of the most consistently poor attitudes in AI. Bravo.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

It's a cheap GM econobox. Sorry for not bawling tears over it.

I guess I'll have to take a couple of personal days when I see a crashed Daewoo.

I more think it's your inability for anyone else to shed a tear about a GM econobox that makes you so insufferable.

Content:

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 12, 2013

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

Thank you for the new custom title.

:lol: I didn't even buy it :lol:

I have no idea what's going on here :psyduck:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Just saw this pop up on the primary s2000 fan page on Facebook. Apparently it's a pair of future s2000 concepts.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Super Aggro Crag posted:

That's a pretty nice Pontiac Solstice.

It's like the derpy love child of a 3rd gen Miata and the Solstice. I hope they make it (so my AP2 appreciates in value).

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Moxie Omen posted:

Being stuck in an Advance parking lot is a harrowing experience.

That looks pretty well done in the classic mini-truck format. Nice paint and lines, etc.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
That's a nicely done flame job on a sweet car. Definitely the wrong thread.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

rscott posted:

That poo poo isn't even American so they don't have an excuse that way either. Surely there had to be some better donor car in Europe than that.

I think that if anything this just reaffirms the utter worthlessness for the PT cruiser globally. It's reviled by every culture.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GOBFG2dkY

Yeah it's farm equipment, but hustling along a highway in the rain....

This happens all across America from farms in Georgia to California. I've seen an extremely similar piece of equipment on a freeway in Kentucky when on business for example. They have to move them from farm to farm somehow.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Growing up in rural Wisconsin I saw things like this all the time, but doing this on a Russian road, in the rain, at 60mph or so is just asking for catastrophe. (Did I mention RUSSIAN road?)

Sorry man but I'm from Louisiana where people have gotten DUI's on tractors and where I've seen sugar cane tractors rolling at 40+ on tight backroads(look at the teeth on this fucker).

This with tires and marginally more ground clearance:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Snowdens Secret posted:

The worst agricultural vehicles to get stuck behind are the poop injection trucks. They bounce around on their cartoonish balloon tires just flinging liquidy poo poo everywhere.

So what you're saying is that you've never been stuck behind a chicken or pig truck huh?

:stonk:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
This whole derail about ABS personifies the title of this thread.

*real brake problems*

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

And the "gently caress em up bro, gently caress em up" at the beginning.

"Post terrible car stuff in this thread - gently caress em up bro, gently caress em up" should be the new title for this thread.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Kenny Rogers posted:

Looking for some terrible FWD drifting to counterpoint the F350 drifting, I found 10 minutes worth of "poo poo You Wish You Actually Saw On America's Got Car Chases".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daQNuKjTKv8

Never seen that before, awesome. I love Tiff. He is :smug: personified.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
How to not park your box truck, exhibit 1:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Kachunkachunk posted:

Okay, that's practically something right out of a 14 year-old's first foray through Need for Speed: Underground.

It pretty much looks like every Miata that I started those games with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

I got my custom title for making fun of Saturns. :toot:

Still the best $5bux I ever spent on SA :toot: