Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've got the biggest soft spot/hard-on for s2000s and I still can't get past this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pretty much everything that is wrong with hellaflush. Wrong-threaders go gently caress yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTGR6IAYQAc

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Steve French posted:

I really want to put a watermelon or pumpkin in that tail pipe

You'd have to go bigger -- look at that loving thing. I can't even think of a spherical object that would stuff it.

I'm strangely OK with this freak of a truck. My #1 gripe about trucks is, I usually can't see past them at all. The suspension is set up in such a way that I can actually see through it.

I'm also OK with the exhaust pointing directly down into my driver's side window, should I pass him on his right. Not a chance in hell there's any back pressure, so I wouldn't be the least bit worried.

Gonna go ahead and throw the "wrong thread" card at this point.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 25, 2012

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Leave it to someone in Oregon with a "swag" custom plate to make one of the sexiest cars of this decade look like poo poo.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

some texas redneck posted:

Several years ago I saw a deer running along the side of the road. I stopped, fully expecting it to run out in front of me.

Once I was stopped.. *BAM* :wtc: The drat thing ran head first into my left fender while I was stopped. Fell down, got back up.. *BAM BAM*... fell down again, got back up again, hit it again, rinse repeat a couple of times before it finally ran off.

I laughed my rear end off until I got home and couldn't open my door. Caved the fender in around the door hinges :saddowns:

This makes me think of those videos floating around of down-on-their-luck pedestrians trying to commit insurance fraud by jumping in front of slowly moving cars, and just rolling off of the hood.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

All he really needs is a tall, neon green "M" tearing rear end out of the hood, then his defense can be "I WON this car! I didn't pick the colors!"

And if that is a carbon fiber hood as it appears to be, I really don't know what the gently caress. That thing's gotta be pushing over 2 tons. Why bother?

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 19, 2012

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Beach Bum posted:

Let's go back to doing something less gay like discussing studs and nuts :iamafag:

YEAHHHHHHHH

I've lived in a big city for a little over a year now, and since then, I've actually seen worse (better?) hellafrush fitments than this... but this is definitely a first. Skip to a minute in. Then, skip to 0:54 to get an idea of what riding in this car sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKvk63Obec

I wonder if having your oil pan scrape away into the night is going to kill the hellaflush fad, like the sparkling brake pads killed rollerblades back in the 90s.

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 21, 2012

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DropShadow posted:

The roof lights take it from bad to awesome. He's trolling ricers.

Ricers, as well as "extreme" pick-up trucks (i.e. massive suspension lift kits, stacks, etc.) I love this car.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Four spaces:

666? No idea.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GutBomb posted:

People steal wheels off SIs to sell. The buyers put them on lower models with fake badges to sell a regular civic as an SI.

And the funny/ironic part is, the average buyer would be none the wiser that it's a base model!

Source(s): Si owner

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The new Corvette pictures are out... is it still terrible-car-stuff thread worthy? I still hate the rear end in the same way I still hate the new(ish) Camaro rear end. Black roof is unnecessary. The profile view is pretty sexy.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2014-corvette-stingray-ar143810.html

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Root Bear posted:

The ride quality was spine-joltingly atrocious as well.

So... you're saying you were inside of this car. HAH!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FIRST TIME posted:

It kind of pains me to put this in this thread because this guy is way more talented than I'll ever be and this is probably the best something like this could ever turn out but the thought of putting this next to a real Countach and how they'd compare led me to put it in the terrible car thread.

http://lamborghinireplica.com/Members/KensCountach.htm

This is awesome as far as cars built from scratch go but terrible as far as Lambos go.

NO WAY. I'm screaming "WRRRRONG THREADDDD!!!" like Goku going SSJ for the first time right now.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Throatwarbler posted:

For those reading at home who haven't been keepin it real with GM's model lineup, just a reminder that this isn't some crazy aftermarket thing, it was an actual factory special edition truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado#Intimidator_SS

Is anyone keeping a tally of the number of actual factory stock cars from each manufacturer that show up in this thread?

Reminds me of this. My girlfriend and I saw one in passing a few weeks ago, and we both had the same question -- why would you advertise a car movie on your own personal car? (Of course, it had a "FAST5" vanity plate to go with all the badging.) Told a friend about it, and he provided the link.

Edit: Oh wow, this is the exact car we saw. Seems to be one of four made for a sweepstakes. A little tacky or not, good for them for winning one!

enojy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 7, 2013

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neptr posted:

Okay, I've seen this in the hellaflush thread too. What is this about, why are the kids doing it?

While the "Sunoco fender" is quite likely just an unpainted replacement fender, the hellaflush kids typically do this to perfect condition body parts. The most common I've seen (I admittedly used to spend some time on an unnamed import forum) is front lips & bumpers, and it's always stickers from the hellaflush trifecta: Illest, Canibeat, and... gently caress I don't know, who cares.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

had to drive behind this poo poo this morning.

Plates are from FL, Shot in VA.. the gently caress you need a raised truck like that for in FL :raise:

I stared at the decal on the back window for a solid 10 minutes.. it was some kind of helicopter or some stupid bullshit. I'd also like to note the glossy finish on the rear diff with the bald eagle painted on that had an american flag overlayed.

Nut Dipper One?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saw a Hyundai Accent with a carbon fiber hood at school today. Do you really need a picture? Because I didn't take one.

Although I must admit, that little fishbowl of a car would make for a hilarious(ly good) shell of a sleeper.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Thread over.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

atomicthumbs posted:

I took this photo of either the most or least self-aware Volkswagen in the Safeway parking lot. Click for a better look at the stickers, the "ubercool" license plate, and the lovely "fog lights" that look like track lighting fixtures.

My favorite is either the multiple five shocker stickers all over it, or the O'Reilly Auto Parts sticker.

Wrong thread -- gotta be trollin'. TWO shoshinsha decals on a German car? Come on, buddy. That ain't no Honda.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Speaking of lovely stickers:

The gently caress is wrong with people?

Anyone who appreciates this decal is like a vagina

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Octopus Magic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiaqkRdc8B8

Nagano Koubou's USDM style S13 Silvia!

It's like taking everything bad about zilvia and making it even more retarded. THANKS A LOT OBAMA.

"I've built it USDM style." Proper translation: "I 21st-century-riced this poo poo the gently caress out."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Shifty Pony posted:

Does this count as awful?

For whatever reason I am entirely kinda OK with this. The Twisted Metal makeover is exactly what a Miata needs to not look... well, ya know.

I've hated the diagonal scenester stickers for so long that I don't even care anymore. I might even get some myself.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Aurune posted:

Flares? WTF is up with those hood scoops?!

I mean if it were a top-mount intercooler I guess I'd understand -- a scoop for the intercooler and a scoop for the possible location of the intake filter.

What kind of stupid car gathering/show is this? Why are the Sunfires there?

enojy fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 27, 2013

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why this is terrible. This is probably a Fiero, isn't it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I screwed up as a younger driver and didn't yield (in the left turn lane) to a Ford Explorer in my 1990 Civic hatchback. Got T-boned, but at least I didn't get a shattered windshield like the rest of you suckers! Replacing a windshield is so expensive, too.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

You Am I posted:

You were joking, right?

He was confusing her with Miley Ray Cyrus, who wrote the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 22 years ago.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Krizematik posted:

We get some pretty neat stuff up in North Pole / Fairbanks Alaska

I kinda think I want to live in North Pole / Fairbanks Alaska. Pulling up behind something like this at a light is enough to turn a bad day upside down.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Citycop posted:

If this does not get you chicks then your hopeless.

Just made the connection that backfiring will send... sparkles out of the stars. Coolest automotive thing I've seen this year.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Linedance posted:

judging by the fact that the other cars in the front spaces managed to park the back half of the car hanging over the line, I'm guessing probably a long-box pickup or something was parked in the space in front of the Bentley initially. Or he's just bad at parking like the rest of them.

God, I hope so. I refuse to believe that even the dumbest Bentley owner opts to park half of their car in the lane in an attempt to avoid a potential ~3 MPH frontal bump from fellow retarded parkers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Powershift posted:

There was a guy who took a set and turned them into 3 piece wheels.

I knew this had to have been done the moment I saw the first image. I was thinking to myself, "if I had a WHOLE LOT of expendable income, and they looked a little bit more finished, I'd probably buy and mount a set of these just for the hell of it."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Deathreaper posted:

From the FT86 forums I present to you the tribal FRS:

He had also painted FRS in red on the fuse box cover but seems to have removed it now.

I've seen this before, and I'm praying to Jesus that it's because of this thread and not my own web surfing habits. My cat literally just daintily pressed the "Esc" key as we looked at this (ALT-F4 is a little too advanced for her, but it's the thought that counts.)

You know what they say, though; if it floats this guy's boat, etc. The engine bay looks like it's probably not TOO terrible, barring the giant SCION on the underside of the hood. The fact that it's a Scion isn't what makes people give a poo poo about this car, buddy.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 22, 2013

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ygolonac posted:

Found elsewhere...

I'll give him this, that weird claw and chains would be way cooler to stare at on the highway rather than a boring old tailgate.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

tobu posted:

Look at this dudes insane parking skills:

*tucks shirt in and walks away*

I've seen this before, but god drat, I never noticed that he flew out of the sunroof as opposed to the window. That makes it ten times funnier for some reason.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Powershift posted:

That's not the best part.

The best part is it also came with gold wheels, and the boss at kia claimed it was a coincidence.

If I just glance, I get fooled every time. It really reminds me of how smart phone manufacturers are making "minis" of their flagship models lately.

Just noticed the radio antenna front and center on the roof. The gently caress is that.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Delivery McGee posted:

My driver's ed teacher told a story of a past student, back in the days before automatic transmissions had safeties built in, who had a stuck throttle or something that required shifting into neutral while at highway speed. The student missed N and went all the way to P. But hey, it stopped the car!

I did this once as a teenager in my mom's car. A bumble bee flew into the open window directly into my face at about 35 MPH. My immediate panicking response was to pull over, but to first put the car in park. It was the coolest sound I've ever heard a car make. It was also a Honda so it was aight

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

echoplex posted:

I want that Corvette to exist if only to see what would happen if you floored it from a standstill.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Phy posted:

One of these days I'd like to meet the feller who managed to pre-house his seamy side volitation.

Yeah wrong thread and all that, but this is, by far, the worst Engrish I've ever seen. I can't make sense of a single thing in this image.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FogHelmut posted:

I just washed this the day before. I don't know, maybe I'm impressed? Both sides of the car. I don't know what kind of massive bird diarrhea this is, but it happened to my neighbor's car about a year ago.

This would just ruin my day. I get a kick out of a single quarter-sized dooklet right after washing, but this? This is more than a 15-second Quikwax wipe.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Delivery McGee posted:

My local one:

Still takes the top off a delivery truck (or a flatbed full of 2x4s, that one shut down the whole block for the rest of the day) every other month or so. It's coming right off a traffic light and the limit is 20mph because on the other side of the tracks is the old downtown, so there should be plenty of time to stop.

I'm pretty sure there's a 10-minute video compilation floating around of trucks & buses castrating themselves on this exact overpass.

Oh, nevermind, this is the video I was thinking of. The Rocky theme makes it better, not worse.

vvvvv The existence of this website just made my day.

enojy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

shoopeach posted:

This is how I picked up my STI in 2008..can you guess which dealership?

There's gotta be over a thousand Subaru dealerships across the US & Canada, man. You gotta give us some sort of hint...