Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kammat posted:

Sometimes you get so frustrated you just have to nutshot yourself.

Transmetropolitan, I need to go find which issue again.

Issue #9, for those curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

Well it probably does take the Hulk (in a non-life threatening situation) a good 15-20 seconds to completely transform, so considering he had amnesia and if Castle ran REALLY FAST...

Also, it probably took the Hulk a good minute or so to read that note.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of jerk for Perry to decide that Jimmy should be called "Bonzo" just because he happens to be a gorilla.

That's great, but I think my favorite detail is that Jimmy bothered to track down a Big N' Tall version of his trademark green suit.

edit: I lied. The best part is the exclamation marks on the sign.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

Holy crap this was literally the only issue of superman I ever owned and I read it like 50 times when I was a kid.

Yeah, my first exposure to comics as a kid was reading my dad's stack of The Death of Superman comics, because he was one of the people duped into thinking that they'd be super-valuable later. He took a young child removing them all from sleeves and rolling the spines surprisingly well. Sorry, dad.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Also, the cat needed to be doing something while they made the inside joke to a different super girl's cat.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

They actually tried that... and then it slowly wore off. Which led to A) Godzilla terrorizing sewer rats & B) a six-foot Godzilla in a trench coat.

This sounds amazing. Someone show this.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Well there was the time Doop ended up watching home movies with the lady type Mojo, if that counts?

Wolverine and the X-men #34

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

Who are these brave warrior-bards, challenging all to fight them?

"Uh, I'm not sure 'Take On Me' means what you thin-"

Verily these ballads do speak to the God of Thunder!

The music video of Take on Me, in the Marvel universe, is actually a metaphor for movie Thor. The attraction to a mortal woman. The journey back and forth between parallel worlds. The pipe wrench fights.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Seems like the right writer could claim that Magneto's power is complete molecular manipulation and he just has a mental block that means he thinks he can only control ferrous metals. Didn't they do something retcon asspulls for Cyclop's lack of control and Gambit's power? And maybe Iceman?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

There was a John Byrne story about 20 years later where a local town turned evil because they'd spent the past 10 years or so (in-universe) drinking the milk produced by those cows.

I think some of them also caused the Kree/Skrull War.

There was also a story by Morrison. The premise was that these cows ended up being slaughtered, tainting the meat used in burgers, and giving the people who ate them an incurable disease that gave them superpowers but also slowly drove them insane.

Which sucks for both the peaceful skrulls and the innocent people who just wanted a burger.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I've always wondered why Reed Richards isn't doing that. Just set up a room and have Cyclops come in and spend some goggles-off time, and when Scott has something else to do Storm can come in and zap the apparatus with lightning, or the Thing can pound on the walls for a while to work off stress, and so on, and so forth.

I think this was the plot of one of those Exiles-type alternate worlds. On that world, they convinced Cyclops or someone like him to voluntarily sacrifice the rest of his life to become a clean energy source. What's one life for the all the lives that will be saved and all the pollution that won't happen and all that? And then when he wears out, they ask the same thing of the next hero with a similar power and so on and so forth until they start getting greedy and run out of powered-people and then start pulling duplicate Cyclops out of other dimensions and pretty soon you've got a dystopia.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So are Wolverine's teeth adamantium-coated like the rest of his bones or not? If they are, why is this never depicted? If they're not, why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Teeth aren't bones.

Yeah, but like... I'm pretty sure the couple of times we've seen Wolverine so completely destroyed that only his skeleton was left, his skull had teeth. Which implies his teeth are protected, too. But then you'd think you'd see the metal in everyday talking and such.

• Locked thread