Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Seriously, though, what is the deal with the Osborns' hair?

Deadpool #11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Using an advanced form of echolocation to move around... almost like some sort of bat... but a man!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Lobok posted:

I know that's the joke, and it comes up in Invincible, but how many heroes actually offer up a weakness in their name? Or at least, how many have names that are on-the-nose and have powers that aren't immediately obvious already? Are there tons I'm forgetting? Like if you heard some guy called Cyclops was out there, sure your first thought would be to neutralize his eyes somehow when you fight him but that would be apparent within seconds of meeting him anyway.

For Spider-Man you could expect some webs and wall-crawling but you'd probably be wrong about the rest of his powers if he was totally unfamiliar to you. Strength, speed? Where'd those come from? And where are his extra eyes, or limbs, or barbs, or venom, or digestive enzymes?

The proportional weakness to Raid Max® Spider & Scorpion Killer of a spider

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Is that the one where he hooked up with Ms Marvel or is that a different Shocker Saves Everyone and Is Best Buds with Rhino story I'm thinking of?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

87.93^3 ergs is equal to 0.068 J, or about the 1/15 amount of work needed to lift an apple 1 meter. That's...not a very hard punch. It's also not a measurement of force.

Obviously he's so smart he knows how to throw that punch just right to cause maximum devastation.

e: Never mind, I'm dumb, misread the panel. I feel so ashamed, and I'm Asian to boot. :smith:

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 5, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I swear to god that first panel is a reference to the first Spider-Man movie game.

Imagining your significant other as a enormous being who devours all life around them.

Probably no other level to that.

Sometimes a Galactus is just a Galactus.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Cangelosi posted:

Had to browse this thread so I didn't post any repeats. Thought you guys could go with some Herbie Popnecker, The Fat Fury. (Forbidden Worlds #114)

So this is what Fat Pony was based on

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The only problem with Taskmaster learning Japanese from TV is that Chow Yun Fat speaks Cantonese. Not Japanese. They're not even really similar.

It's a reference to the akimbo pistols.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gann Jerrod posted:

Even better, the Sunday colorist has the right colors, so once a week you'll get Iron Jonah as a GOLDEN GOD:

He's just going JJJ3. :v:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

OK. What the hell is going on with Jonah's face?

See:

GorfZaplen posted:

Just stop making comics. It's all downhill from here.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It'll turn out Frank also has a replica infinity gauntlet with replica infinity gems

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I like that he even bothered to put the skull right on the repulsor. Hopefully every single arrow has a skull on it too.

They're on the arrowheads so that the last thing you ever see is the Punisher skull.

I bet Frank has it trademarked.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I have no idea where I found these; they were sitting on my hard drive. No idea about the translation either.

Basically it's Tony explaining the briefcase suit from Iron Man 2, saying that it's crucial that he be able to become Iron Man at any time. This leads to him modifying everything to be an impromptu suit.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Veotax posted:

It's not just JJJ (who is once again gold, since it's Sunday) that's amazing today.

This is gonna end up in that one scene from the first Iron Man movie, isn't it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sefer posted:

I love his expression when he sees the toilet.

You can see the gears in his head turning.

"What if I was on the crapper, and AIM burst through the door..."

e: So that comic inspired me to go surfing through pixiv's American comics tag and I couldn't help but find this one hilarious. It's just something about the loving chin and the way Batman looks so nonplussed.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 24, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Kellsterik posted:

That one is not quite bridging the language gap for me.

It's a Joker earphone jack accessory. I can't really explain why I find it so funny so it's probably just me.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

From JL8 (Formerly Little League)

:laffo: at Bruce's 'smile'

This is amazing.

e: Oh my gawd Darkseid is their gym teacher

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 24, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Oh drat there's Sandman characters in this, how did I not know about this before

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And the followup:

The real followup:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Personally I thought the riff on Injustice was great and very appropriate.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It was actually a riff on the new 52 tho.

It was? I thought Flash and Supes' weird segmented armor-y costumes were an Injustice thing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I actually own that figure. Because Magog is a pretty awesome character with a pretty awesome character arc.

Anyway, Deadpool: The Gauntlet #8. For those who aren't reading it (shame on you), it's a weekly digital miniseries about Dracula hiring Deadpool to find his bride-to-be and bring her to his castle. During the adventure, Dracula realizes that he no longer needs her for his plans, so he decides that he wants her dead. And so, he sends his crack team to take her out.

Marcus: Character Find of 2014!

Man, that dude is weak to like, loud sounds, fire, AND silver?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

This is why they need'a lock up all them goshdurn muties

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

"Poor Waif!" says Thor, about a woman so thick she makes Big Barda look like a runway model.

To men as swole as Thor everyone is a waif

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I hope it doesn't hurt Bruce too badly when he finds out Karen's not really that into him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah if I was a kid with superpowers the first thing I'd do would be to destroy my school too.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I think Gordon might work better as Barbara's extremely overprotective and doting cop dad.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Gavok posted:

Just want to take a second to note how much better the art (namely coloring) in Injustice looks when it's biweekly instead of weekly.

I dunno, I still think Gordon looks weird in that thing you posted, like he's made of plastic and water is just sitting on his body instead of soaking him.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"KEEP UP, YA LITTLE POOZERS!"

"What the heck is a 'poozer?'"

"No one knows. Only thing we've guessed is 'anyone who isn't him.'"

Also, literally the first page from this month's Deadpool (#26):

...yeah, too much good stuff to post in this issue, but that first page covers a lot of it.

Man, people still spoof the Hitler rant?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Plutonis posted:

They are cousins.

Look who's behind the times! What are you, Captain America?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Cangelosi posted:

How to handle a vampire. (The Goon #4, Eric Powell)

The Goon is the goon that all goons should aspire to be.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Drifter posted:

Haha, this is a thing of beauty. The king is just so...

Any given strip of Hark! A Vagrant could fit in this thread. :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

goatface posted:

That is a really well engineered rudder.

somethingsomething tactile telekinesis

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Was that filmed, or only mentioned in one of the films? I know it was in the opening cutscene to the movie tie-in game.

It was one of the ways Bruce described trying to kill himself in The Avengers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I think that's the funniest one since the one that started it all, holy poo poo.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Pimpmust posted:

I'd love to just have a series taking place in and being about life in Latveria/Doomstadt.

Too bad it doesn't have any need for heroes besides Doom, because Doom-Spider would be an amazing character.

Every issue is either:
Peter von Doompark just chilling out with his buddies because there IS NO CRIME IN LATVERIA
Peter von Doompark reaching for his mask, but a Friendly Neighborhood Doombot appears and arrests the FOREIGN TERRORIST.
Fandoomtastic Adventures with Doom(bots)???

I blame you for making me imagine Captain Latveria.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

RandallODim posted:

"And now, before I kill him, it's time to see who Daredevil rea- Wait, this is just some blind guy! Call off the execution, we can't just shoot a blind person. Man, how does this keep happening?"

Instead of LMDs, Daredevil becomes infamous for employing like a dozen Matt Murdocks.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Okay, is this strip drawn and then scanned or are they effects added in on purpose? Because if it's the latter then drat the crease going down the page about a third from the right is a really nice touch.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

John Dyne posted:

Just Jonah in the last panel has me cracking up. That and the close-ups of the armor show that, yes, Jonah drew a loving mustache on the suit.

I like how miles away the suit crashes into a power line and then the electrical feedback from that reaches all the way back to the command room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Bloody Holly posted:

"Dang it Moench you blasted typewriter jockey, you've made a monkey of me in the papers! Here is a grammer lesson for you care of JJJ: YOU'RE fired, get YOUR garbage out of my of MY office in two minutes or I'll have Miss Brant here test the firehose on you."

I guess he's double fired now. :ohdear:

• Locked thread