Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Semper Fudge posted:

Justice League #0

I just changed every negative opinion I had on DC comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I don't know poo poo about Doop and at issue was amazing. I won't spoil any moments, but will add that the bowling ball during the staff meeting and Wolverine's expression are what made me realize something special was going on.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

How exactly does Plastic Jet fly?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

The layout and composition of those pages is great.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Slaughterhaul posted:

More Wolverine & The X-Men #19. I love the idea of Blade carrying around his own Edward doll to get angry with.

This is the kind of stuff that belongs in the Q&A thread.

Hahaha, ok, I didn't think the first panels were that funny, but the Sasquatch and Puck one is fantastic.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'd argue Supermanatee would be equally effective too.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Wasn't Tony redeemed by having his character get amnesia specifically about all the rear end in a top hat things he had done? I remember being horribly disappointed at that, but I also hit my head a lot.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Oh my god I just remembered that I loving love the Goon

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I respect the reason behind the policy but still think its dumb and way too personal for a editorial edict.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Thank you for those Dial H images. I feel like trying to explain why someone should get it is so difficult, but it's so interesting.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Little Mac posted:

No way it totally makes sense [...] who is no longer a villain and found his calling as a space wrestler, needs their help with something.

Oh Christ this is what we all sound like to normal people isn't it

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I love that page. It's up there with the panel of X-force Deadpool going "woah woah, stop right there. nobody cares about the tragic history of your doomed alternate reality" for summing up my main pet peeves when it comes to alternate timelines.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Nothing will ever quite match the genius of the villains of yore.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I still miss his anime hip-hop outfit. Way cooler than goofy rear end skull outfit. But it is less funny.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Did somebody mention Dr. Strange's relationship woes? Well that's as good of an excuse as I need to repost these!

New Avengers: The Illuminati #4

Still one of the best scenes in all of comics to me.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

I don't know the source.
I really don't want to know.

I'm gonna print and hang this in my office motivation poster style. Inspiring.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'm sad at how bad at getting jokes goons can be. It was a pretty good one, too.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

qntm posted:

Last time I checked, and admittedly this was JLA in the Nineties, Captain Marvel was able to K.O. Superman in a single punch. It almost never happens, though, because both of them are such nice guys.

I think it took 2 punches and Billy said it only worked cause he really wasn't expecting it, even after the first punch.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Astonishing X-Men #35.

This made me laugh aloud. The issue was spectacularly dark up to this point so it was completely unexpected.

In a world of Mystiques I think the X-men should just immediately be punching everyone in the face constantly.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Dammit Who? posted:

They're separate. Dungeons and Dragons was an IDW comic by John Rogers, Rat Queens is an Image comic by Kurtis Wiebe.

Wait? Blue Beetle John Rogers? poo poo, I am now triple sold.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

"Man it's too bad neither of us are super-fast or super-smart, because this seems like it ought to be solvable"

The truth is Solomon was loving stupid as poo poo.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I don't know why they even need to make new comics anymore.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Kyle Rayner don't care about the blue man.

Also, unpopular opinion, I think pushing Kyle and Carol is the funniest poo poo and I hope they hook up for the ridiculousness of it all. It's like Nightwing dating Catwoman.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Gavok posted:

Marcus: Character Find of 2014!

I haven't been sold on a comic this fast in a while.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Pacra posted:

That definitely reminds me of smartass Ares from Incredible Hercules (both from around #112-115):

and previous to that:

I just hear pro wrestler style over acting in my head when I read this. In a good way.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Smug rear end Jughead is great. Everything else is either horrifying or awkward.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

Old comics being weird.

I cannot guess the actual meaning behind this. It is beyond me.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Requisite Deadpool #29

Which came first, this or the Spider-Man/Paste Pot Pete one that are like, panel for panel clones in my mind?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

That sounds great. A good twist on the typical What If twist.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Chained up and shot with a tiny missile indoors.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'm suddenly bored of modern Magneto.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I loved New X-Men, stop ruining it for me you jerks.

loving Mummudrai bullshit. Goddamn. You know what rocked? The silent issue with Jean and Emma going through someone's mind together.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Between this and the summary of Qwewq I am realizing there were a lot of things I just went "huh, alright" with and kept enjoying his stories without questioning. These summaries are digging up those suppressed feelings of confusion and just rolling with it.

That said, you could probably summarize Flex Mentallo or Sea Guy and I'd still think it's awesome. It just sounds crazy(ier) when it's happening to Charles Xavier or Superman.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I generally hate comic book art of real life people since it looks traced and stilted, but Jesus, I'd take straight up Greg Landing it over that. I'd be offended if I was him.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Vonder posted:

I wanna know where those sunglasses came from.

She was making them invisible then got tired.... DUH

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

"Shut up, Victor" and their faces in that last panel are just great.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

prefect posted:

Solomon was the original Mary Sue.

And then EVERYONE stood up and started clapping for Solomon.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Bozart posted:

I have an acute case of the giggles thinking about some rear end in a top hat writer naming a super hero Clint Flicker.

Garth Ennis Presents:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Gavok posted:

By having sex with a chicken.

Now which one came first? That I can't answer.

This is the best worst post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

It's hardly that grim or gritty of a death. It's pretty funny, actually.

I don't like Slott either, and I know people genuinely don't believe this, but the guy isn't a literal troll trying to actively piss you off with every thing he puts out. Stop looking for reasons to be mad.

• Locked thread