Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Brett Gelman has been on Yo Is This Racist this week. It's almost making me want to listen.

so was it racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Amber Rose is a cool lady and she was good on the show. She's a great blend of funny and just genuinely sweet seeming while also taking exactly zero poo poo from others.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yo, is it racist that I'm wondering if it's Yo, Is This Racist?

*five minutes of awkwardly rambling about subjects loosely connected to this post before ending with 'yea maybe, it could be'*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Ape of Naples posted:

That very well may be true and they might be better, but, I have no idea who they are and I instantly know the names Gregory and Couric. That means a lot from a business standpoint. I'm certainly not a business man but I assume the path would be get a foothold in the political world with the more popular names then hire people like the Digicast guys.

Yea if you don't think, as a pure 'what looks good to investors and poo poo' thing Couric and Gregory have tons more weight behind them than the Digcast I don't know what to say.

It's stupid, but yea if Earwolf is trying to genuinely 'go mainstream' or whatever and be the internet NPR then yea, they need names like that behind them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

But again is Couric really a big name for the NPR news junkie crowd? Especially for podcasts where I imagine the age group who are interested in Couric probably aren't that interested in podcasts.

Couric is exactly the kind of 'big name' needed for this stuff. It's a name people know, it looks good when you're trying to appeal to advertisers and all, and it's just enough of a weird old name where people who remember her are still plenty around to be curious enough to go 'what, that's weird, why does she have a podcast I'll see what that's about'

It's also a super 'safe' name. She's literally 'America's Sweetheart'

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 4, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh hey Mike Drucker has a new podcast on Earwolf, cool I like him.

Oh it's a Hamilton podcast, like just about one broadway show forever...Well that can be funny, I like it and all but it's not like there's not ton to make jokes about there...

Oh it's a 100% positive jerk-off session with the first episode being Mythbusters Man saying it's 'a modern Shakespeare'....

Well...I'm glad Drucker's getting work...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cams posted:

i enjoy hamilton and spend too much time trying to get people i like to even give a poo poo about it. i am also a mentally deranged person who is listening to podcasts most of the time to keep the silent void away.

i have zero interest in this podcast

Yea more or less. I'd be down for like, a less serious 'ok we like this no poo poo but there's poo poo to make fun of too and we'll just bullshit with guests for a bit' thing. Nothing makes my eyes roll harder than seeing Adam Savage: Hamilton Is Modern Shakespeare as the first episode though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SousaphoneColossus posted:

I don't really care for Hamilton but I would listen to an analyze phish-style show where one hardcore fan tries to convince a skeptic.

Yea it'd actually be pretty fun to have some kinda 'divided' show where it's one person who doesn't like and one who does and they just bullshit about their feelings on it, maybe with guests to support different sides.

Basically anything but 'isn't Hamilton basically the perfect piece of art? I mean we should basically just destroy american theater programs after it's done because this is it, we're at the peak here'. I fuckin like the musical and I can't imagine a worse podcast. I want to meet an unironic fan of that podcast so bad and just ask why.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wow, Bitch Sesh is number two? I'm surprised by that.

Not in the bad way, that show's easily my favorite on Earwolf, just didn't expect it to be that popular.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

padijun posted:

That's growth by listeners with a percentage at the end

e: beat badly

that'll show me for not actually reading the graph and just looking at lines.

Still, nice to see it grew a lot

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

piratepilates posted:

The mattress startups are bizarre. Casper used to have a ton of ads on the subway here (Toronto), I'm talking all of the overheads bought out.

Now they're all gone and some other mattress company (a Canadian one) has all of their ads up instead.

There's something like 5 notable mattress startups offering these cheap mattresses now for whatever reason, and it just seems to get more crowded.

Honestly it makes more sense than boxes of snacks once a month that run out in a week and all. Mattress shopping is a goddamn bear to tackle and it's something literally everyone has to do at least a couple times in their life. I don't really know about the dudes making these companies and how good they are but yea I can see how poo poo like 'look you order the mattress we'll send you some dumb space cube that you James Bond into forming the mattress in your room instead of hauling it around, all done nice and easy' is a seller.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Work Friend Keven posted:

He's fine but I lost a lot of respect for him (he cares, I know) when he got really mad SNL didn't hire him to play bernie sanders. Also in general I don't like endlessly repeating continuity heavy characters so... It's ok.

yea I like him and all but I knew he was loving nuts when he went on a multi-day meltdown because SNL didn't come begging to him him to play bernie, everything since has just been noise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Rannazzisi was an idiot but it was one of those things where he was in Manhattan during 9/11 and obviously the whole 'two buildings just got hit by planes in my area' thing rattled him but 'I was in the area but not really hit by anything but it was still scary man' is a less 'meaningful' story than 'yea I worked in the towers and not dying there made me realize life is short so I went to LA to be a comic'. It was a really stupid lie but everything from him has been pretty genuinely honest about acknowledging what a stupid lie it was and how ashamed he is of that.

From what I remember he wasn't even really 'caught' by anything big, was he? It was just like, he got a couple 'wait I don't think this matches up' questions and near instantly went 'yep, I lied, I suck, I'm sorry'. Really hard to hold a grudge there unless you are an actual victim of that attack.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I think Dan Nainan stole his origin story.

i can't believe Rannazzisi lied about where he gets his sushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I for one really love the podcast Old Man Argues Angrily About Stupid Things With Very Good Improv Breaks Between Arguments